Ben Hogan Clubs

Another email received:

Dear SCOR Golf Customer,

Since we sent out our email yesterday offering SCOR owners an opportunity to reserve and guarantee one of the early sets of the new Hogans, we have been overwhelmed with such an incredible response.

Reservation deposits are being booked at a rapid pace, and for those that have already reserved theirs, we want to thank you for your support – you won’t be disappointed. Out of loyalty to those who trusted their games to SCOR Golf, we are offering this limited opportunity to you first, before the new website goes live and the rest of the golfing world will have a chance to reserve one of the first sets as we ramp up to full production levels.

We have also received a number of questions about what we are going to make, how much they cost, etc. With the intense competition in our industry, we ask you to accept that we are keeping all the details a secret until “announcement day”, January 20th, 2015 – Demo Day of the PGA Merchandise Show. Until then, this is what we can tell you:

This deposit is fully refundable.
They will be pure forged clubs, in honor and respect for Mr. Hogan’s most fervent belief about look and feel.
We will take custom-fitting to a whole new level, allowing golfers to build the precise set. This includes being able to buy the exact number of clubs desired.
The pricing will be comparable to the top market offerings

So, this is your chance to reserve one of the first sets available. By placing a deposit for the new Hogans, you will be at the front of the line and will receive a sneak peak January 19th, 2015.

Happy Holidays and a blessed New Year to you all. We look forward to seeing your name on the list of early-bird Ben Hogan golfers.

Thank you and best regards,

Terry Koehler, President/CEO

Copyright Eidolon Brands LLC, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to by:
Eidolon Brands LLC
8936 Oak Grove Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76140
Unsubscribe from this List Report Spam

I'm in love with the nostalgia lol. I was told recently that Santa was in fact my wife, my disappointment was staggering g lol.
You're wife is Santa? I find it unsettling that she comes to my house tonight. How do I explain that to MY wife?

Another email received:

Dear SCOR Golf Customer,

Since we sent out our email yesterday offering SCOR owners an opportunity to reserve and guarantee one of the early sets of the new Hogans, we have been overwhelmed with such an incredible response.

Reservation deposits are being booked at a rapid pace, and for those that have already reserved theirs, we want to thank you for your support – you won’t be disappointed. Out of loyalty to those who trusted their games to SCOR Golf, we are offering this limited opportunity to you first, before the new website goes live and the rest of the golfing world will have a chance to reserve one of the first sets as we ramp up to full production levels.

We have also received a number of questions about what we are going to make, how much they cost, etc. With the intense competition in our industry, we ask you to accept that we are keeping all the details a secret until “announcement day”, January 20th, 2015 – Demo Day of the PGA Merchandise Show. Until then, this is what we can tell you:

This deposit is fully refundable.
They will be pure forged clubs, in honor and respect for Mr. Hogan’s most fervent belief about look and feel.
We will take custom-fitting to a whole new level, allowing golfers to build the precise set. This includes being able to buy the exact number of clubs desired.
The pricing will be comparable to the top market offerings

So, this is your chance to reserve one of the first sets available. By placing a deposit for the new Hogans, you will be at the front of the line and will receive a sneak peak January 19th, 2015.

Happy Holidays and a blessed New Year to you all. We look forward to seeing your name on the list of early-bird Ben Hogan golfers.

Thank you and best regards,

Terry Koehler, President/CEO

Copyright Eidolon Brands LLC, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to by:
Eidolon Brands LLC
8936 Oak Grove Road
Fort Worth, Texas 76140
Unsubscribe from this List Report Spam
I'm not going to highlight it, but there is a bit in that email that is a OEM misleading customers about club performance and feel. That's disappointing to me.

You're wife is Santa? I find it unsettling that she comes to my house tonight. How do I explain that to MY wife?

I wouldn't try to explain it, be like a politician and try to hide it lol.

I'm not going to highlight it, but there is a bit in that email that is a OEM misleading customers about club performance and feel. That's disappointing to me.

I think you're reading too much in to it, it sounded to me like he was describing Mr. Hogan's beliefs regarding performance and feel.

I think you're reading too much in to it, it sounded to me like he was describing Mr. Hogan's beliefs regarding performance and feel.

He just said that his current clubs are not up to par though.
And I believe a lot has changed in club making since Mr. Hogan was around. I bet Mr. Hogan believed that the wound ball was perfect for feel and performance as well.

However as I have stated, it is the only way these could sell, because the Hogan fans would not look twice if it was different.

I find this whole thing rather "interesting". Inundated with orders and desposits? I would be shocked if that were the case, but then again that could mean so many different things. However I will say that it appears the backlash all over the internet about "Give us money and then find out what they look like next month" did not sit well so instead they have sent this out. WHich makes a whole lot of sense.

I wish them the best of luck, but I find the entire campaign full of 80s marketing and PR at its best.

So if I pay $500 I get to see them on January 19th.
If I don't pay $500 I get to see them on January 20th.

Pay now or not we'll all see pics of them floating around earlier.
Pay now or not we can still buy them.

Why are we being asked for $500 again?

Bingo. If they was even a chance of them running out of sets here, it would be something completely different. I can guarantee that anybody that wants a set of Ben Hogan irons in 2015 will be able to get a set of Ben Hogan irons in 2015.

I think the whole rollout has been an epic fail, trying to do something with this second blast but I'm not sure what lol. It just seems really disorganized. You're probably right JB, the whole way it used to be thing isn't carrying well, maybe Callaway was right in their removal of the line, let's face it, Top Flite wasn't burning it up.

I think the whole rollout has been an epic fail, trying to do something with this second blast but I'm not sure what lol. It just seems really disorganized. You're probably right JB, the whole way it used to be thing isn't carrying well, maybe Callaway was right in their removal of the line, let's face it, Top Flite wasn't burning it up.

There will always be people that prefer the old, refuse innovation and want to stick with it. If it makes them happy, and enjoying the game, I think that is freaking great.

I just absolutely hate seeing a new launch go with this type of marketing. They can do so much better, but there is no coincidence and parallels in certain things. When SCOR was rolling out, it was marketed so well. It was doing well. Then some key people left and frankly I think their marketing has suffered greatly since then. Going with PR moves that would make the 90s jealous.

It takes more in this golf industry to have a product that you believe in as the creator. Because in just about every instance, that is the case. However sometimes it means understanding and wanting to work with the current golfer, rather than telling the current golfer they are wrong. (not that this was done, but based on all of the feedback that is out there, perception matters).

This pretty much sums it up. I'm just baffled how something this asinine could actually get through a few board room meetings and come out the other side as a 'good idea'. Look around people!
The only way this works is if they make these irons ultra exclusive for the first year and only make 100 sets available or something.

This pretty much sums it up. I'm just baffled how something this asinine could actually get through a few board room meetings and come out the other side as a 'good idea'. Look around people!
The only way this works is if they make these irons ultra exclusive for the first year and only make 100 sets available or something.
That's just it. They have to make a limited run and advertise it as such in order to pull this off or whatever they are trying to pull off.

But they haven't hinted to anything of the sort until this point.

I received a email from someone in their Marketing dep. giving a little bit more info.

[FONT=&quot]Hi Jim,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Thank you for the email and questions. In respect of the intense competition in our industry, we ask you to understand that we are keeping all the details a secret until “announcement day”, January 20, 2015 – the opening day of the PGA Show. But let me try to share what I can. [FONT=&quot]We are making a complete commitment to custom-fitting, allowing any golfer to build the precise set of irons and wedges. We will be offering a selection of the most popular shafts in the industry and access to any shaft made. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I understand this is still somewhat vague, but this is what I can offer at this time. We look forward to releasing and relaunching the Ben Hogan brand in just under a month. Stay tuned.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]

Not a lot more info and I wonder how the Custom fitting is going to be done, maybe like their Wedge fitting site. Not quite what I would do for a high dollar set of irons. I would have to hit a lot of balls with different shafts, etc.

I received a email from someone in their Marketing dep. giving a little bit more info.

[FONT=&quot]Hi Jim,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Thank you for the email and questions. In respect of the intense competition in our industry, we ask you to understand that we are keeping all the details a secret until “announcement day”, January 20, 2015 – the opening day of the PGA Show. But let me try to share what I can. [FONT=&quot]We are making a complete commitment to custom-fitting, allowing any golfer to build the precise set of irons and wedges. We will be offering a selection of the most popular shafts in the industry and access to any shaft made. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I understand this is still somewhat vague, but this is what I can offer at this time. We look forward to releasing and relaunching the Ben Hogan brand in just under a month. Stay tuned.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT]

Not a lot more info and I wonder how the Custom fitting is going to be done, maybe like their Wedge fitting site. Not quite what I would do for a high dollar set of irons. I would have to hit a lot of balls with different shafts, etc.

Agreed a full custom fitting included hitting the heads with various shafts, definitely curious to see how they plan on pulling that off.

Agreed a full custom fitting included hitting the heads with various shafts, definitely curious to see how they plan on pulling that off.
There are major OEM's that still cant pull that off on a large scale.

I'd like to see how they will pull this off also outside of their headquarters.

Bernie Madoff just put his deposit down on a set of '15 Hogans.

Lets try to keep the shots out of this please.

It'd be nice to hear the tech behind these and how they're striving to keep them in the spirit of Hogan's design philosophy. All I've read is that they're forged, which is great, but not necessarily anything that is in line or identifiable with Hogan, because Hogan offered non forged irons and technology has come a long way since then anyways.

Aside from what is a very odd marketing ploy IMO, there is very little incentive to pay the deposit sight unseen. I don't get it and if anything, the whole thing has made me less excited about hitting these.

I wouldn't do it, but whatever. It's a deposit and they are an established company, albeit smaller than some others. People could put it on a credit card for a little more security. If one was so inclined I guess more power to them. Hard for a person to criticize that sort of decision when so many are buying multiple $400 drivers and $800 iron sets a year.

Count me among those who is not the least bit interested in the revitalization of the Ben Hogan brand at this point. They haven't done anything to keep me interested.

I think this would work a lot better for a current and recent big player in the industry. If Callaway came out and said "we have an exclusive set of irons that we are only making 100 sets of, and 1 could be yours for a $500 deposit" then it might work. But this seems to be just the run of the mill available to anyone sets that for some reason they feel require a $500 sight unseen deposit to get them. Nike did something similar with the MM Proto's, but I believe even they had pictures available for you before you put the money down.

Odd thing is, the auto industry does this a lot with higher end cars. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, etc. base production off pre-orders and deposits a lot of the time for their exclusive models, I believe well before any information is released. Maybe that's where they got the idea?

Except with those cars you have a good idea based off previous models what your gonna get. Here we have no such previous models.

Except with those cars you have a good idea based off previous models what your gonna get. Here we have no such previous models.

No I completely agree. I'm just saying the concept isn't new, but the execution in this case is very poor.

I don't see the point of any of this. You could slap my name or any logo on those clubs.

There is no nostalgia IMHO. Unless Hogan himself designed them these will always be viewed with an asterisk.

Back