Jan Craig Headcovers - THP Spotlight

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
E.S.P.
I was just looking around on their site last week during my Christmas off time.
I would like to get a couple hybrid covers.
Question though. I have a big-box store knitted cover on my FW and it's all stretched out. Can you just shrink them somehow, or did they just use cheap yarn?

I am becoming more and more a fan of the throwback yarn headcovers. Just something about them that catches the eye.
Great spot light and I will be giving them a look.

I've always heard good things about these head covers.

Very nice to see that they are guaranteed for life. That's actually pretty amazing.

Love the green and will pass this on to people that like that style.

I think those look great. Thanks for the spotlight James.

Very nice looking covers. Would love to have some for my hybrids.

Nice spotlight here James and cool to hear about the Nicklaus order that likely really kicked things off for them.

Solid looking covers and no doubt made well...but I have a hard time spending that much. Perhaps if there was a "package" where you could get 4 or 5 covers in different sizes and design, etc then a deal could be worked and make this more realistic for someone like me.

I've been pondering some knitted head covers for some time. These are undoubtedly the best quality out there. Checked out their web site this morning and it's cool how you design you own custom covers. A full set is a bit expensive though.

Great spotlight James and some pretty cool history behind these headcovers. These look fantastic and would look great in any bag.

I'm a Seamus guy, but these are terrific, and still in the bag.

I'll throw up a full bag pic here in a bit when I put the baby down.

Thanks for the comments all. There is a reason Jan Craig is still around and have been in the bags of the likes of Nicklaus since the beginning. They're legit, and the lifetime guarantee is pretty nifty too.

I've been pondering some knitted cover for a while now and with the history and combination possibilities here these may just be in my bag next month.

These look fantastic! Hopefully I can add one in 2015!

While lots of people love this style, but it's never done it for me. Pretty spendy at a $33 starting point. There is definitely a market for them out there and I think they will sell well since so many love the old style.

I had a set of Jan Craig covers, very well made and nice looking. I really liked the customizable color schemes you could choose.

Nice spotlight. Interesting to read the history behind the company. These type of covers aren't for me, but the quality is apparent & for those that like them I can see where this would be a perfect fit.

In the bag:

DSC_0308-L.jpg

Those are very nice Jman! The guarantee is solid.

I prefer the Seamus covers, but these look to be very high quality.

Nice spotlight I am not a fan of that type of cover but the look well made

These look very well made and I think that is the key with knitted covers. They aren't really my style but if they were you cannot overlook the lifetime guarantee.

Nice article, thanks! I like the tassel version compared to the pompom.

I have owned a couple of these for over ten years. Great Christmas present. They look as good today as they did on Christmas morning. I have had many drivers and hybrids but only one brand of head covers.

those are nice. Look like good quality. like the guarantee on them for sure.

Great writeup James. Their website is very easy to work with, and the color combinations are endless. I also think the price is right in line with other knit headcover companies--that don't have the customization that these Jan Craig ones do.

Back