Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

246D1412-3524-49E6-B584-90769FCF8B65_zpsxhf8s99x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
From the Blues. 3 shot par 5 from an elevated Tee. A huge fairway with plenty of room to navigate. Play your second shot to your favorite number and you could be looking at birdie here to start the back 9.

10 is another great hole (common theme for True Blue).

Most folks naturally want to cut some off the corner going over the bunker. I've been able to do it going over the last bush in the pic above but venturing any further right is troublesome. Smartest play is left of the trap but going too far left will be tough to find. Additionally, going further left will leave you over 200 yards to lay up. As much as it shouldn't, those fairway traps that split the fairway come into play more than they should and are a bear to navigate.

I would just focus on finding fairway left of waste area off of tee and then playing a hybrid or long iron long and left, avoid the fairway bunkers. That'll leave you anywhere from 100-150 into one of the easier greens to putt on. Some slope on left side of green from back to front which can help to get a ball back down if pin is there. Long is much better than short on your approach into this green.

#10 would be a 3 shot hole for me. Find the fairway - no sense in trying to cut-off too much on the right. Lay-up to left-center in a yardage range I like (110-140) for my third shot.

Ah, number 10. The most nerve wracking tee shot I've ever hit, if you consider the size of that fairway. A good play here is to shoot for ending up on the line through the "297" point on the yardage map. Gives you a good line in for your second shot. This is a long one - you're probably looking at Driver - hybrid/fairway - short iron, and pretty sure nobody's getting there in two with that hazard in front of the green.

As much as it shouldn't, those fairway traps that split the fairway come into play more than they should and are a bear to navigate.

They definitely look that way. At first thought maybe if you're afraid of spraying it into that first bunker along the right, you could go hybrid or something. But it looks almost as if playing anything but driver off the tee will leave a long second shot to carry the ones that go across the fairway.

definitely a 3 shot hole. Driver over left side of the bunker then play to a number in the range of 100-150 out depending on how far i have to the green.

They definitely look that way. At first thought maybe if you're afraid of spraying it into that first bunker along the right, you could go hybrid or something. But it looks almost as if playing anything but driver off the tee will leave a long second shot to carry the ones that go across the fairway.

In 3 years there I don't recall ever seeing anyone on that tee box without driver. Even the longest guys can go after one without fear of being too long.

Holes 9 and 10 can make up some serious ground with good drives. 9 can be reach all day. 10 is a stretch but is reachable witj strong drive

Hole 10 looks like a lot of fun. Definitely a 3 shot hole thats for sure.

246D1412-3524-49E6-B584-90769FCF8B65_zpsxhf8s99x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
From the Blues. 3 shot par 5 from an elevated Tee. A huge fairway with plenty of room to navigate. Play your second shot to your favorite number and you could be looking at birdie here to start the back 9.

This was the starting tee for my Morgan cup competition, and dang is it a fun one to start on. The fairway is massive and receptive, for me I aimed left of center and swung away knowing straight or a fade would put me in play. If you're Mike Ward and know you have a safe one, you swing so hard you almost fall over and bomb one. I couldn't ever reach it in 2, but plenty of room to layup and a pretty receptive green. Just don't go long like Jersey Nate, or you might end up in some crap that takes a few shots to get out of.

10 is a completely different hole for me depending on tee box. From the whites I definitely take driver out and carry the sand into that huge wide open fairway, and giving me two short irons in. From the blues and forced 230 carry...i don't have the confidence that i can consistently do that. So I'd have to try stay left, which is going to leave probably 300+ going in, which would then be a hybrid/4iron (and thus a little more potential trouble), followed by a short iron in.

The fairway is wide open on this hole and its really more about your 2nd shot than the first. You can miss left and still be fine. Depending on how far you hit it, will determine if you can go for it. Then you need to decide if its worth it because that waste area in front is NASTY.

Don't hit your layup thin or you get to hang out in those huge fairway bunkers. Not that I'd know.

Three shot hole, I like to see lots of fairway out there. I will have a longer shot in than most but if I can get to 135 for my third I should be in good shape.

Aim left of those first set of bunkers to be safe, but depending on where the tee is, you may be able to get over them. Then a hybrid to about 135-145 yards, and a little 7 or 8 iron depending on where the pin is at. The green is a bit bowl shaped, so it can roll off the front or skim off the back if it comes in a bit hot. It's a fun hole.

That picture makes the hole seem more like a dogleg than I really remember it being. Lots of good memories there including holing a long bunker shot against Jake and Amol to win a hole. Last year I played it poorly in singles, from the tee. Hit an awful drive, popped it right up and left. Hit 4 wood, 4 wood and was left with about 15 feet for birdie. Not how I would recommend playing it though haha

You can bite off some yardage if you hit close to the bunkers on the left, but you don't need to. A good 2nd shot should leave you with a scoring opportunity on the hole.

What I do on this hole will depend entirely on how good my drive is, and what my partner and/or competitor do.

Im going driver, hybrid, 8ish iron

This is another troublesome hole for me--from the blues I'd have difficulty getting past that bunker off the tee.

I'm thinking hit whatever gets me straight down that fairway, distance won't matter as much. Second shot aimed between the 215 and 187 sprinklers, third shot layup before the waste, then onto the green and go for bogey.

What I do on this hole will depend entirely on how good my drive is, and what my partner and/or competitor do.

Its a good point. Saturday morning at the MC, I watched Wicked Cool Bearded Man go for it because his teammate laid up into the middle of the fairway. The play didnt quite work out for him but since its a par 5, he was able to get on the green with a chance at par at worst.

#10 another fun hole, for those with length, getting on in two is possible, for me, driver, layup, wedge, putt!

10 I remember aiming left of that fairway bunker way out of reach and just hitting it as hard as I could. It wasn't going to go left, and I knew that waste bunker wasn't going to be in play.

On your third shot though, do not go long. That waste bunker past the green has a lot of bushes in it, and it's very easy to find yourself stymied up against one or even in the plant itself.

These Par 5's are pretty tough. They are gonna test every part of our game I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is definitely 3 shots. Hug right side on tee shot, then probably mid iron and maybe a short iron in.

~Rock

These Par 5's are pretty tough. They are gonna test every part of our game I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On in 3, 2 putt par move onto the next one

Back