Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Hey guys, I am going to be in Monroe over Memorial Day weekend and was wondering what kind of shape the course is in. My brother hasn't played there yet for some reason so we were talking Lane Creek or UGA

This is something that confuses me. If your hip is causing pain and the doc says it will have to be replaced anyway, why do they say put it off as long as possible? Is that so you can live with the pain as long as possible. I might be looking for a second opinion.

The hip is not that bad, the knee is really bad. My regular bone doc has only said that there is some arthritis in the hip, nothing about replacing it. The doctor today just gives the injections using xray. He the one who said to put hip replacement off because if I should live long enough to require another replacement of the same joint, the second replacement is much worse.

Part of the treatment today was to see if the pain is in the hip joint or something else. The results were supposed to be immediate if the joint is causing pain. Well, the treatment just eased some discomfort, the main pain is still in the same location (piriformis/sciatic nerve) but the minor pain (discomfort) in the hip joint does feel pretty good. The physical therapist thinks it is lower back and that has some merit because of some pretty rough "spells" of unaccounted-for pain down the left side of the leg. I think it will all get lots better when the left knee is replaced, the right hip did.

The pain had been there for several years, I almost always have to take a tramadol when driving over thirty minutes. About six weeks ago, something flared up as I hit a tee shot on the first tee, it brought me to my knees and I was unable to swing a golf club for about three weeks. Rehab during that time might or might not have helped but every session they did ultrasound on the area and THAT did help. The buttock is the best it's been in a long long time and I'm trying to drive without the drug. I made it up to Pigeon Forge 2.5 hours last weekend and back with only 1/2 a pill on the way back (and a good bit of pain) after playing 18. So I'm doing the ultrasound daily. Got to be able to drive to Oregon in June. Kinderlou, 4-5 hours, will be a good test next week, especially driving home after golf. I'll carry the pills but make it where I'll have to stop to get to them. I'm hoping the ultrasound really is the key and wonder if it is maxed out.

Short version, I was hoping the shot today would put me "back in the driver's seat" without much effort.

Brother do I ever feel your pain. My hip caught on me getting out of my porch swing a few minutes ago. It felt like last Thursday with Dawg & MillerTime. Hell I had to drag myself into the house.

My Doc told me the same thing about needing to replace mine within a year or so. I wish I had told him to go ahead and replace it last August when I fell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you start learning what movements and actions involve the hip joint, ALL OF THEM. I don't ever want that pain that hit me on the first tee. Of course, last August, same thing happened when the shoulder and bicep tendon parted ways--got knocked down on the first tee. Gotta wonder what's next. Maybe I will start on the second tee, the first tee has a hex on it!

I hope you can get that hip replaced sooner rather than later. Everyone tells me it is a piece of cake after knee replacement. And, never heard of any bad results.

Hey guys, I am going to be in Monroe over Memorial Day weekend and was wondering what kind of shape the course is in. My brother hasn't played there yet for some reason so we were talking Lane Creek or UGA

Lane Creek is in very good shape and a fun course to play. I haven't played UGA in over a year however I can tell you it's a nice course and VERY challenging. Let us know when you're actually in the area and maybe we can hook up. :thumb:

I haven't played UGA since the redo. I like the layout, long par 4s and short par 5s with good conditioning.

I haven't played UGA since the redo. I like the layout, long par 4s and short par 5s with good conditioning.

Yea I enjoyed the course for sure. They had the web.com tour come through there for a few years. Kelly and I watched Russel Henley win the event there when he was an amateur.

Another good course in the Athens area is The Georgia Club. Very nice!

Thanks guys, I'll forward the info and let him decide. Not sure what my schedule's like or who's making up the foursome but will let you know if it's open.

KellyBo before practice tonight

61b7de459d8973eaf6fe265e35e6f1a4.jpg

Hole #18

Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Did any of you Golf Channel Morning Drive watchers see that Lane Creek was on the menu? They were talking about the John Tillery school and some of the stuff going on around it.

http://www.lanecreekgolfclub.com/golf-academy/

Last edited:
Playing today at Lane Creek with KellyBo and our friend Shaney who is making a comeback from a torn ACL. It's been six weeks and he is doing the 3/4 swing today. Not sure how many holes he will make but it always feels good to get back out after being house bound.

Playing today at Lane Creek with KellyBo and our friend Shaney who is making a comeback from a torn ACL. It's been six weeks and he is doing the 3/4 swing today. Not sure how many holes he will make but it always feels good to get back out after being house bound.

Have fun out there, folk.

What a great group, I wish I could join y'all. Have fun!

What a great group, I wish I could join y'all. Have fun!

We missed ya brother! It was a fun day and I am sooooooo proud of Shaney! The dude had a huge brace on his knee, played from the white tees, and shot 80. He should have broken 80 but had a hiccup on #18 but overall he played really well with a gimpy knee.

KellyBo hit the longest drive I have ever seen her hit today on hole 18. Shaney and I were holding our mouths wide open as the ball was a minimum 250+ off the tee and may have been up to 270. I had no way to gps it but Kelly said from the distance to the green it measured like 270 off the tee. She KILLED it!!!!
We had a guy join us today who I had played with before and is a good golfer. He Shot 79 for the day. Anyways he kept saying how well Kelly was striking the ball and when she hit the monster drive, he looked like a ghost sucking on a corn dog! :bulgy-eyes:

I hit the ball really well today overall. I had some bad holes but a ton of good holes. My claim to fame was on the par 5 #17. I hit a good drive and was 195 out. I pulled out my 2 hybrid and hit a beautiful high draw which I could not see the results of, but it felt awesome. I got over the hill where I could see the ball and it was like 12 foot from the hole. I putted at eagle, barely edged it out but made an easy birdie.

Dayuuuummmmmmm we had fun today!!!!!!

Shaney and I enjoying Our golf outing today ?

562a4b7b335c06f719f784d467727e4c.jpg

Really enjoyed the day with OG and Kellybo...

Sounds like it was a great day! Good to see Shane back out there.

Way to go folks, glad y'all had a great day!

I haven't been in this thread on forever but I'd love to play with yall out at lane creek soon. I start working on Monday but I'll have Fridays off. 6 haven't been to lane creek in forever

I haven't been in this thread on forever but I'd love to play with yall out at lane creek soon. I start working on Monday but I'll have Fridays off. 6 haven't been to lane creek in forever

I have a game this Friday but will be open for any after that so let us know :thumb:

I see you are proud of your Pink Lady ball there buddy.

Shaney you look a lot different with the short beard, how is your distance since coming back?

Shaney you look a lot different with the short beard, how is your distance since coming back?

I can speak for him as he hit quite a few :bomb:'s out there! He can still light it up even with a bad knee :thumb:

I cut my beard and my pony tail off... It felt good to be back out there yesterday , but I'm paying for it today !!! Very sore

Brother do I ever feel your pain. My hip caught on me getting out of my porch swing a few minutes ago. It felt like last Thursday with Dawg & MillerTime. Hell I had to drag myself into the house.

My Doc told me the same thing about needing to replace mine within a year or so. I wish I had told him to go ahead and replace it last August when I fell

To my fellow coots:

If you need a hip replacement and are past 60, don't put it off because it might wear out in 20 years. My doc says the hip I got started being used 11 years ago, and x-rays of the 11 year old ones are showing virtually no wear. Insist on or find a doc that does the anterior approach replacement - they cut no muscle and recovery is awesome fast - I was back at work the third week after, and hitting balls full out on the range after 5. He also told me he had done 180 replacements as of then nearly a year ago, and 179 of them were fully successful - the one that wasn't, the recipient didn't follow instructions.

Back