Hey everyone.

I'm hoping KellyBo and I can both come down and celebrate our anniversary at this fantastic gethering! :bananadance:

:alien2::blob:

ATTN:

I got a call this morning and had to make a quick command decision. Good thing my past life prepared me for such a thing, and that I was aware of a fair amount of agreement on the 9-11 dates.

Yes, I know it conflicts with an official event, but I had to pull the trigger.

So, the 9th through 11th it is...and I may even be able to get one of the houses for Sunday night since it's a holiday weekend and we could play three days.

Check-in after 2-ish on the 9th. Check-out after round on 11th. She also offered the exact tee times we usually get; I think we are 'a thing' with them now.

Prices not set. Expect something quite similar.

And here we go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nHG4LzyLtYAHD9pPTw8AK4TsbwBO6ZVI0ygSOf6fP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Calendar will be marked appropriately!

Holiday weekend sets up perfectly for me. Just saying…

That sucks. Oh well, have fun everybody.
We just have to seriously rethink hosting a lot of events.

I hope you have one of these in November, would love to do something like this after football is over

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Why would you have to rethink hosting so many wonderful events throughout the year? Everyone who goes to these local meet ups says pretty plainly that THP events come first, and as is the case with these dates before they were locked in, people have said Wilson would win out. I mean, if all 9 people who get into the Wilson event had previously committed to going to Kinderlou, do you really think any of them would still be going to Valdosta, Georgia? I can't speak for other areas or people, but its been pretty evident that a lot of effort goes into trying to plan this "gethering" so that it doesn't conflict with a THP event, since the THP event would clearly take priority.

I kinda set this in motion, and if I entered and then got into an event that was the same weekend, I'd tell these fools to get bent. Especially Troy.

I would think that anyone that got into the 9 person Wilson event that was planning to attend the gethering, would attend the Wilson event, it's not like its the date of the Bridgestone finals or similar.

Why would you have to rethink hosting so many wonderful events throughout the year? Everyone who goes to these local meet ups says pretty plainly that THP events come first, and as is the case with these dates before they were locked in, people have said Wilson would win out. I mean, if all 9 people who get into the Wilson event had previously committed to going to Kinderlou, do you really think any of them would still be going to Valdosta, Georgia? I can't speak for other areas or people, but its been pretty evident that a lot of effort goes into trying to plan this "gethering" so that it doesn't conflict with a THP event, since the THP event would clearly take priority.

I kinda set this in motion, and if I entered and then got into an event that was the same weekend, I'd tell these fools to get bent. Especially Troy.

We love that people want to get together and plan these accordingly. Shrinking the schedule gives opportunity for more to do that. We cant however put in the work, time and money to host and have a lack of support however. We are definitely not saying (nor have we ever said) not to plan, nor not to plan on the same day as THP Events.

I put my name on the spread sheet for October and it looks like a great time in the making for sure. As for as anything bigger coming up outside of Georgia, my budget would not allow for transportation/flights, event & hotel costs, eating out, etc. Staying in a villa where costs are split and food can be prepared there makes it a fun and affordable time.

There's already a spreadsheet?!?!?

:alien2::blob:

ATTN:

I got a call this morning and had to make a quick command decision. Good thing my past life prepared me for such a thing, and that I was aware of a fair amount of agreement on the 9-11 dates.

Yes, I know it conflicts with an official event, but I had to pull the trigger.

So, the 9th through 11th it is...and I may even be able to get one of the houses for Sunday night since it's a holiday weekend and we could play three days.

Check-in after 2-ish on the 9th. Check-out after round on 11th. She also offered the exact tee times we usually get; I think we are 'a thing' with them now.

Prices not set. Expect something quite similar.

And here we go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nHG4LzyLtYAHD9pPTw8AK4TsbwBO6ZVI0ygSOf6fP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

There ya go! :thumb:

I will be trying for the Wilson Event and if the stars align and I get in then I will pass on "The Gethering" but that will be a tough one to get in for sure.

I will be trying for the Wilson Event and if the stars align and I get in then I will pass on "The Gethering" but that will be a tough one to get in for sure.

Yeah, Jim. I had mentioned earlier when the three dates were proposed that I'd be trying for the Wilson event, and, yes, the odds are slim on getting in. But, it will take precedence. That's pretty much the same stance that I took on the last two "Getherings", but ended up attending when I didn't get into the THP events. I think the entry process is coming up soon, so, we'll know one way or the other.

I HOPE you guys get into the Wilson deal. Sounds amazing. Clubs and all? Srsly!

First post updated.

I'm out for fall guys. Have a conflict. I'll be out in AZ visiting my daughter those dates. Have fun, Kinderlou is awesome!

I've been sober since the last Gethering....

First priority is to try for the Wilson event. If that doesnt work out I will try to make this. Will be heading to California the following week so will wait till closer to the date to decide.

You know so have I, damn fireball. My new commitment to myself is no more drinking the night before the Event, I will not be trying to find my a$$ on the range on Sat. again. Now I may have a beer or two, let's not get crazy here, but no more shots...........

I'm out for fall guys. Have a conflict. I'll be out in AZ visiting my daughter those dates. Have fun, Kinderlou is awesome!

You know so have I, damn fireball. My new commitment to myself is no more drinking the night before the Event, I will not be trying to find my a$$ on the range on Sat. again. Now I may have a beer or two, let's not get crazy here, but no more shots...........

Sure, sure. Whatever you say, Jim.

you doubt my resolve? I am offended and hurt.

it was all Troy's fault anyway....

Games of note that Saturday:

GA Tech - Clemson
Arkansas - Alabama
LSU - South Carolina
Georgia - Tennessee
Oklahoma - Texas
TCU - Kansas State
Florida - Missouri
Miami - FSU
Wisconsin - Nebraska

Several other potentially decent games