2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

DJ is the yogi Bera of golf. The way he talks is so confusing

Callaway getting a massive plug in this segment on the online coverage.

LMAO, my wife sitting here, "How do you get that un-good at golf?" referring to Tiger. I love her.

Some great early rounds so far. Just painful to see Tiger still struggling again, and he's usually solid on his short irons into the greens.

Jason Day is not going to be happy with that.

Jason Day is not going to be happy with that.

Not at all, but that flag must look like it's right over the ridge when a player is standing back in the fairway. Hard to adjust one's thinking that 30 feet behind the hole with a wedge is a good shot.

haha why tiger?

I have Oosti and Speith, I wonder how many have the same picks
Increasing my odds of not needing a playoff...he has to turn it around eventually doesn't he? (not!)

From 4-8' - 168th
From Inside 10' - 123rd
From 10-15' - 81st
From 20-25' - 1st
From Greater than 25' - 6th

So what this tells me is that maybe he SHOULDN'T look at the hole when he's putting them close ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increasing my odds of not needing a playoff...he has to turn it around eventually doesn't he? (not!)

I think JB said earlier that he was still one of the top picks.

I picked DJ and Spieth, I'm sure I'm one of many but it would not surprise me at all to see them finish 1-2 again.

Had a busy morning so i couldn't post but wow DJ up top already!

Oostie with a birdie on 18! both my guys are sitting at -5, I am happy about that

I think JB said earlier that he was still one of the top picks.

I picked DJ and Spieth, I'm sure I'm one of many but it would not surprise me at all to see them finish 1-2 again.
Figures, I 3 putt on my attempt to zig when others zag :)

Spieth and DJ are solid picks.

I was in and out of sleep this morning. Got up at 4am, turned it on, dozed on and off. Woke up at one point, someone says "i thought tiger would play better." Another guy says "why did you think that?" Apparently, someone did not get the Tiger talking points memo, or someone has finally gotten off fantasy island.

Solid tournament so far. Can't help but think the first wave got a substantial advantage, but its the people who can handle the next 2 days that I think will win this. Not sure who that will be yet.

~Rock

Seriously. They posted that and I was shocked, especially with how Spieth is often talked about for his putting.

I think yesterday they said he was still making like 97% of putts in that range. So I'm sure the difference between 168th and top 10 is probably only like a percent or 2. It's not like he's bad from that range haha

I took Speith and Kuchar, so far so good.

Geoff Ogilvy (one of my favorite golfers) is playing well. Glad to see his name up there early....

Been some fun golf to watch so far. I don't even remember who I picked in the contest so maybe I'll be surprised come Sunday, lol.

Lets go Rosey!

I went with Rose and Spieth. Nice to see Jordan going out and doing what he does best. Hoping for a good turnout

At a funeral this morning. And no not the one for Tiger Woods.

Sorry for the loss. Hope Jenn is doing OK.

Aww...Tiger played intentionally badly so that he could play with Tom Watson tomorrow in his send off round. That is so nice, so magnanimous of him...oh wait, they don't re-pair after round one? Oops

Back