James Harrison Message

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im no James Harrison fan, but this message is fantastic.

https://instagram.com/p/6aXCJ2JFi5/

[h=1]I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I'm sorry I'm not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I'm not about to raise two boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best...cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better...not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy. #harrisonfamilyvalues[/h]

Agreed 100%

I read this article last night as well and like you, not a fan of the guy but you have to applaud him for the way the man wants to raise his children

Love it! This is the perfect message today for me. More of a reminder, but great timing.

I played highly competitive sports throughout my entire childhood until about 21 ish and I learned some extremely valuable lessons including losing.

This is going to sound extremely pompous but I don't think people who haven't played sports at a high level can quite understand this aspect of it. I could be completely wrong though.

Nothing drove me harder to succeed than losing, and I know my teammates were the exact same way. I like to think these lessons have served me well in life.

I agree. To the winners only should go the spoils.

They need to put this on a fancy piece of card stock and hand this out to parents and kids instead of participation trophies

• Admin
They need to put this on a f act piece of card stock and hand this out to parents and kids instead of participation trophies

It's such a parallel for real life at the moment and not just kids sports. Truly dead on.

Participation trophies are a relatively recent thing in my life and I have never understood why they were given. Why even have an event if everyone wins, that is just not life.

It's the world we live in and it's not changing. Glad to see someone with an audience stand up though. Couldn't agree more

He thinks the same way I do . The woosification of America is well underway .

Somebody buy that man a drink!!!!

Agreed

:clapp: My sentiments exactly! It's not just sports... leaking into school, performance evals at work, etc...

I don't think that message could have been said any better. Good for him.

This is real talk right here and I agree with all of it.

This is great

I couldn't agree more. My son is 17 and kept only 2 of his 20 plus sports trophies over the last decade. Both were for winning end of season championship playoff games.

Agree 100%!

#SlowClap

Great message and agree 100%.

I freaking love it.

Fan
Tas
Tic

Wait,,,,, I don't get a trophy for participating in Savannah this month!!! :banghead::angry:

Back