Tropical Storm Erika

I hope I get Monday off.

After experiencing Hurricane Andrew, I'm not worried about this tropical storm.

I hope I get Monday off.

After experiencing Hurricane Andrew, I'm not worried about this tropical storm.

After 04, I'm pretty numb to weak storms.

Did not you just having flooding that could have brought back Noah and all his animals?

I have been since 85, but the truth is, you never know. You never know what causes a line or two to go down, or what causes damage. I hate to think that way, but I watch so many people say "pfft", and then lose power or water in areas around the country to not at least be prepared. I have a generator I bought years ago and fortunately have not had to use it. Fortunately we have gas in the kitchen and water heater. And I pick up a few jugs of water for the dogs just in case.

Call it crazy, but I never want to be one of those people that is not ready.

Stay safe all of you!

Sounds like the storm is petering out.

Still expecting heavy rains so I hope flooding doesn't happen.

Sounds like the storm is petering out.

Still expecting heavy rains so I hope flooding doesn't happen.

That was always the suspicion, although a foot of rain does not sound good, considering how much we had last month. Places inland, like where Ward lives (not his neighborhood) could see some major flooding.

I hope not. It's nice to see the severe aspect of it lessened but flooding is terrible.

Hope everyone and their homes are ok.

I hope not. It's nice to see the severe aspect of it lessened but flooding is terrible.

When we brought the van into Mercedes for service our service person said they had 67 cars in there that were completely flooded from the rain a few weeks ago.

Me too. Fortunately Tampa is fairly immune from these types of storms (as mentioned it has been since 1921), but certainly other areas of FL are not.

Me too. Fortunately Tampa is fairly immune from these types of storms (as mentioned it has been since 1921), but certainly other areas of FL are not.

Yah looks like everyone is safe other than southern florida which is in a severe drought anyways.

Although these weather people are wrong more often than they are right.

I'm just east of Key West now and couldn't be any happier that she broke up. We were going to be right underneath it when it hit the gulf. Dodged a bullet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm just east of Key West now and couldn't be any happier that she broke up. We were going to be right underneath it when it hit the gulf. Dodged a bullet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nice! Fair winds and following seas. Be safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was always the suspicion, although a foot of rain does not sound good, considering how much we had last month. Places inland, like where Ward lives (not his neighborhood) could see some major flooding.
I imagine it will be the same areas as a few weeks ago that will be most susceptible,

I imagine it will be the same areas as a few weeks ago that will be most susceptible,
Judging by how much water is backing up after 10 minutes of rain right now here in South Tampa, it will definitely be under water again this week.

Stay safe down there guys, stock up on stuff & keep the battery backup charged.

I bought all that booze for nothing :(

Seriously though, we need the rain bad so this storm in this form is welcome.

7c41668d04f0123f0d333e6f9eb07302.jpg

Back