Memorable First Dates - Good and Bad

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
Degoins post about dates shoveling food into their mouth made me think of this.

Took a lady to a restaurant, Charlestons. It's not a steak house, but is was somewhat known for meat. Were knew each other. And, I was friends with her sister.

I order a steak. She orders a salad and a potato and some veggie sides. The server leaves, we have a drink, chit chat, etc. The food arrives and I'm digging into steak. She's picking around...like a lot of first date girls do. I ask her if she's a vegetarian. Her response, "I'm not a vegetarian. I just don't eat meat."

Now, generally, I'm pretty good a math, adding 2+2, etc. But, those two sentences together didn't make sense at all. So, now I'm eating dinner with a kook. Picture Jack Black doing the finger circles next to his head. cuckoo. cuckoo.

Not a lot of conversation ensued after that. The check came. I took her home. Said I gotta go. Then, I headed to my regular haunt at the time,the pool hall. Her sister was a bartender there and happened to be working that night. I walk in and she says that "Sally" called her and said I'd already taken her home. I told her the story and she laughed and agreed her sis was a little weird.

I'll post later whenever I experience a first date.

I went on a blind date a couple years back. Thank goodness she was good looking but it was pretty awkward and there was not much chatting going on. We hung out alot after that actually and was completely normal after. Almost dated until I broke it off.

Years ago,I was in the car business. When someone bought a car, I had to call the loan into the bank which was about 20 minutes away. I usually got the same girl and after a couple of months of talking "loans" and friendly banter I started to fall for this girl...and I had never met her.
We really hit it off and I got the sense that she too had some feelings; but we still had never met. I actually felt like I was falling in love with her OVER THE PHONE! She had a great personallity, funny, intelligent, etc... She had a voice that was beautiful. I was picturing this tall, gorgeous girl.

One day, I saw this girl walk into the dealership. She was absolutley breath-taking. An absolute knockout. She went to my boss's office and I saw him point to me. When she came over and said hello I knew it was her. My jaw dropped to the floor. She was everything I imagined: tall, absolutley stunning with a smile that could melt ice.
I instantly got nervous wondering how she felt about me. After our introductions, we talked for awhile and I asked her out. She agreed and we met later that night.

Love at first sight really does exist! Since we had talked many times on the phone, I felt I knew her pretty well and she knew me also. I was definately in love.
The first date had us staying up all night. The next morning we didn't want to leave each other. But that's when I foud out that she was 17! I was 23! That reallllllly bothered me. A 17 year old girl is just "getting out there" and there feelings usually turn with the tides.

We dated for awhile but the age thing bothered me and it didn't last.

But I will never forget the day she walked into my office. It really was like getting hit with a thunderbolt.

UGH! That would have been quick a kick in the pills Buddyjay...too bad it didn't work out for you, I was waiting for you to end it with..."and we've been married ever since" or something!

I met my wife in a bar, I was 22 and she was actually only 19. She had her sister's ID so she could get in the bars. We hit it off in the bars a few times but never really hung out other than just happening across one another at the bar, we're in a small enough town that you pretty much know where everyone is going to be based on the night of the week it is. Finally I asked her out and she agreed. It was odd picking her up and trying to talk to her normal without being under the influence of liquid courage! So we're going to my company Christmas party, back then I worked for Gateway computers in their hay day so the Christmas parties were big concerts and pretty wild. So on the way to dinner she says to me, "ok, you know my deal right?" I was like....oh frick, here we go...she has a "deal" man alive how can I get rid of this chick. She goes on to explain that she just turned 20 and she uses her sister's ID since they look exactly alike. So I start the night thinking I'm going out with a cool chick and now suddenly I'm contributing alcohol to a minor. Turned out not to be a big deal, the ID was spot on and since I was just 22 I didn't give a rat's ass about a fake ID or anything.

Prior to her my longest relationship was 6 months, ridiculous but I just wasn't really interested in having a girlfriend. She changed all that, we dated for a few years before she would agree to marry me and on our wedding night she got pregnant with our first daughter. This October we'll celebrate our 11th anniversary and we have 2 great daughters. My life would not be near what it is now without this amazing woman in my life. She hates that I play so much golf and that I'm gone so much but I try to make up for it by being the best husband I can be. We really have a great life and I owe all of that to her, before we met I was a partying fool who blew more money on booze than anyone I know, if I didn't meet her and she didn't ultimately take over my finances I'd be flat broke in a ditch somewhere by now. I love this woman!!

I was just starting to look for some company about a year after I split from my ex-wife, so I put up a profile on one of those dating sites. I got a bunch of, how should I say it, not so awesome inquiries. One night, I get a message from this good looking girl that I recognized as a waitress at our local Hooters. So, we IM'd and texted a bit, and then decided to have a date on St Patrick's Day around 11:00pm.

Well, St Patrick's Day is a big deal around here. We have one of the bigger parades in the country and the downtowns become a giant daylight drunk fest. I head downtown about 10:00am and start drinking Guiness and taking shots. This continues for the next 12 hours or so. Really, it was the best day ever. I saw an awesome 80's hair metal cover band, watched my 22 yr old buddy make out with a 50 yr old lady, another get kicked out. Just everything that you are looking for in a party.

I end up getting a ride to my "date" around 11:00 and it ends up that she is with three of her somewhat less jovial friends at this other bar. I have beads on, stink of booze and cigarettes, have stickers on my face, and am basically hammer-timed. We start talking and I decide we should take some pictures. I thought it was an awesome idea, but she must not have really agreed, because I looked at the pics and she was kind of not-so-happy looking.

I then inform everybody that since it's St Paddy's day, we all need to take shots of Jameson. I ordered five shots. The date decided to drink one, but everybody else thought it was gross. So, I called them all P***** and drank the remaining four shots in a row. Then I notice that the entire table is looking at me with a mixture of disbelief, disgust, and pure contempt.

After that, I don't really remember much, but I know we went to somebody's house to watch a movie. Boring! I got a ride home. Oddly enough, Hooter didn't really want to meet up after that. What a prude lol!

I was just starting to look for some company about a year after I split from my ex-wife, so I put up a profile on one of those dating sites. I got a bunch of, how should I say it, not so awesome inquiries. One night, I get a message from this good looking girl that I recognized as a waitress at our local Hooters. So, we IM'd and texted a bit, and then decided to have a date on St Patrick's Day around 11:00pm.

Well, St Patrick's Day is a big deal around here. We have one of the bigger parades in the country and the downtowns become a giant daylight drunk fest. I head downtown about 10:00am and start drinking Guiness and taking shots. This continues for the next 12 hours or so. Really, it was the best day ever. I saw an awesome 80's hair metal cover band, watched my 22 yr old buddy make out with a 50 yr old lady, another get kicked out. Just everything that you are looking for in a party.

I end up getting a ride to my "date" around 11:00 and it ends up that she is with three of her somewhat less jovial friends at this other bar. I have beads on, stink of booze and cigarettes, have stickers on my face, and am basically hammer-timed. We start talking and I decide we should take some pictures. I thought it was an awesome idea, but she must not have really agreed, because I looked at the pics and she was kind of not-so-happy looking.

I then inform everybody that since it's St Paddy's day, we all need to take shots of Jameson. I ordered five shots. The date decided to drink one, but everybody else thought it was gross. So, I called them all P***** and drank the remaining four shots in a row. Then I notice that the entire table is looking at me with a mixture of disbelief, disgust, and pure contempt.

After that, I don't really remember much, but I know we went to somebody's house to watch a movie. Boring! I got a ride home. Oddly enough, Hooter didn't really want to meet up after that. What a prude lol!

thats a great story, sounds familiar to some of my college days

Thats hilarious HAwk! Who watches a movie after going to the bar? hahahaha

I didnt really go on a lot of dates, I just have a bunch of stories like Hawks that didnt end with movies. I was not a dater in college. I was considered and A$$hole by most girls( I dont know why) maybe you could ask my brother.

I am really enjoying this thread I love everyone's stories!

JB knows this story so I figure it's alright to share it.

When I first moved to Tampa I was single and the leasing agent at my apartment complex really wanted to set me up with her neighbor. She thought we would get along because we both went to UF. She talked him up so much, talked about what a great and funny guy he was, how nice he is blah blah blah. I figured what the heck I am in a new city I only have a few friends what's the harm in going on a blind date?

Well....he picks me up for dinner in his parents Jag because he thought it would be cool to show off in his parents car. I was already not impressed I have never cared about the size of someones wallet. We have the regular first date boring conversation in the car on the way to the restaurant. We go to a nice Italian place in South Tampa and we sit down to order and he is the pickiest eater and he doesn't like ANYTHING. He finally orders his food and at this point I am requesting a bottle of wine because I can tell this is going to be a long night. He ate like 2 bites of his food and that was it like he was the girl eating salad and not me. Which by the way I am not a salad ordering girl. I hate a pound of garlic in my food on my first date with JB and by the third date I was eating hot wings with the sauce dripping down my elbows, it's how I roll haha.

Anyway, I was already done with 1 bottle of wine and still hungry and since he didn't eat his food I asked if I could have it and I polished off his plate too. Needless to say I asked to be taken home after the dinner and I never spoke to him again. On a positive note the food was really good haha.

*channeling my inner Paris Hilton* that's hot.....
I am really enjoying this thread I love everyone's stories!

JB knows this story so I figure it's alright to share it.

When I first moved to Tampa I was single and the leasing agent at my apartment complex really wanted to set me up with her neighbor. She thought we would get along because we both went to UF. She talked him up so much, talked about what a great and funny guy he was, how nice he is blah blah blah. I figured what the heck I am in a new city I only have a few friends what's the harm in going on a blind date?

Well....he picks me up for dinner in his parents Jag because he thought it would be cool to show off in his parents car. I was already not impressed I have never cared about the size of someones wallet. We have the regular first date boring conversation in the car on the way to the restaurant. We go to a nice Italian place in South Tampa and we sit down to order and he is the pickiest eater and he doesn't like ANYTHING. He finally orders his food and at this point I am requesting a bottle of wine because I can tell this is going to be a long night. He ate like 2 bites of his food and that was it like he was the girl eating salad and not me. Which by the way I am not a salad ordering girl. I hate a pound of garlic in my food on my first date with JB and by the third date I was eating hot wings with the sauce dripping down my elbows, it's how I roll haha.

Anyway, I was already done with 1 bottle of wine and still hungry and since he didn't eat his food I asked if I could have it and I polished off his plate too. Needless to say I asked to be taken home after the dinner and I never spoke to him again. On a positive note the food was really good haha.

These are some great stories. Funny stuff guys. I have married the same woman twice so I don't have many first date stories. I do remember a girl that I really liked. I made reservations at the nicest restaurant in town, because she said she was a really picky eater. She ordered only French fries an a sprite.

ive had a billion first dates... its getting to the 2nd one thats tricky

well this buddy of mine hooked me up with his gf's coworker on a double date
he had 4 tickets to a giant block party in the pacific beach
long story short and a couple of drinks later... this girl was all over me
my condo was literally 2 mins walk from where we were and we kept going back an forth from the block party to my place to 'refill' on drinks
well anyways there was a point when things were getting 'interesting' and she got a phone call... all i can hear is her side of the convo... but she dropped a bunch of ilu's and ill be home soons
im thinking she might have a kid or something so i asked... thats when she dropped the
"oh that was just my fiance" as she tried to plant another kiss on me... that wasnt happening... i excused myself and told my buddy and he was shocked... so he got into with his gf and she was shocked... the night didnt end good lol

My BF's and my first date (over 5 years ago) he took me to the Queen Mary. I'm sure I've had bad dates, I just can't remember them, LOL

To be honest, the first girl I dated is now my wife. I was always a "ladies man" in highschool, and my friends never let me hear the end of it, but despite that title, I never had the interest to actually date anyone. So anyway, sophmore year in college I meet this cute, tall, blonde girl that tagged along with some mutual friends to "Finding Nemo". We started out as friends, ended up having some really late night quality converstations while studying, and our first date was at the "Twisted Fork" in Milwaukee a few months later. She order salmon (and finished the plate) and I ordered ribs. We were at the point where I didnt care if I got a little messy. She even had a few!

Lmao at Hawks story....... duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.
These are great!

These are some great stories guys and gals! I've never really had a bad first date, maybe a whole lot of average ones. In college I did ask a girl out and she told me she was bisexual and she declined because at that time she wanted to stay at dating women. Talk about rejection.

I could write a whole book of stories about my wife and I, but that would just bore everyone.

I met my wife in a bar, I was 22 and she was actually only 19. She had her sister's ID so she could get in the bars.

So on the way to dinner she says to me, "ok, you know my deal right?" I was like....oh frick, here we go...she has a "deal" man alive how can I get rid of this chick. She goes on to explain that she just turned 20 and she uses her sister's ID since they look exactly alike. So I start the night thinking I'm going out with a cool chick and now suddenly I'm contributing alcohol to a minor. Turned out not to be a big deal, the ID was spot on and since I was just 22

"You know my deal, right?" :wtf: :rofl:

LOL, that does sound a little shady!

You're wondering, "She has the clap?" or "She's a dude?" or "She's psycho?".
"Whew, just underage!"

LOL, that does sound a little shady!

You're wondering, "She has the clap?" or "She's a dude?" or "She's psycho?".
"Whew, just underage!"

LMAO!!! I am so glad I am not a guy and have to worry if the "dude looks like a lady" unless of course that is what I was looking for. I am so glad for so many reasons that I am not guy but most of all having to ask a woman out on a date, that has to be hard. Although, you do have the advantage of peeing standing up and walking around w/o your shirt on so that's a bonus.

LMAO!!! I am so glad I am not a guy and have to worry if the "dude looks like a lady" unless of course that is what I was looking for. I am so glad for so many reasons that I am not guy but most of all having to ask a woman out on a date, that has to be hard. Although, you do have the advantage of peeing standing up and walking around w/o your shirt on so that's a bonus.

HAHAHAHA hey all of you can to, if you would like. :D

Back