2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

So about those socks...I am really excited about the color.
Will be my first experience with Kentwool products and I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentwool socks are legit. I bought a pair off eBay and they were so comfortable all day. I am insanely jealous thinking of the kentwool swag you guys are going to get.

Not sure why weather talk has come up so early. But maybe......
If it's above 50, it's shorts weather to me... i think the shorts give good visibility for kentwool socks

I will have my rain gear, because well you never known when it's the water from above or below that will cause you to need it...

All I'm saying in that regard...

It's always warm in the bar... 

Gonna be cool at night.

0920b0498c8ec621c9b89ba6e07bf065.jpg

Around 60 I hear so yes... Shorts!!

Scratch the warm comment...don't want 441 coming after me for weather talk.

Not sure why weather talk has come up so early. But maybe......

For some reason men talk about weather. At least if you use Alan Jackson songs as your reference point.

We can keep weather talk to the Weather thread. We are about rock the fairways of the RTJ trail in some serious Kentwool gear, I can not wait!!!

2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

We can keep weather talk to the Weather thread. We are about rock the fairways of the RTJ trail in some serious Kentwool gear, I can not wait!!!

Here's to that. Kinda hoping to be able to pull a Payne Stewart outfit off.

I've played several trail courses but none toward south Alabama. I've heard really good things about the ones at Auburn.

Alabama in February? Bring everything from snow shoes to beach wear. We just never know till we wake up that morning

Oh man! How cool is this! Eleven men ready to play some golf on the fairways of The Robert Trent Jones Golf trail. We will do this as a group and WE will have a blast doing so. You can bet the Wool Warriors will be wanting that title at the end of this event but will have to get through us to do so.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we start working the day after tomorrow. Merry Christmas boys!!
Dhartmann34
IceyShanks
mikedean441
e1iterate
mmaynard11
Sox Fan
JohnSinVA
Just_Hacking
OITW
jhoefer99
amsmith61
Let's do this cap!

Amen brother!!!

Meant to respond yesterday, but I ended up having to stay later at work than expected and then it was off to do last minute shopping because I am really good at planning ahead.

Strengths on the course: Iron and wedge play. I am comfortable hitting any iron from the tee or deck, but with my 7i down, I feel very confident. I've learned how to take a little off the swing which has given me more control. Chipping and pitching has gotten better.

Weakness: I struggle with consistency off the tee. If I am accurate off the tee with my driver, then that can be a big advantage for me, but it's also the club that gets me in the most trouble. If the driver isn't working, I will go with a 3w or driving iron off the tee. Putting can be inconsistent as well, but that is the club I will be practicing the most with before the event.

Strengths in match play: I've been successful in match before, which I attribute to avoiding big mistakes, which has allowed me to stay in the hole.

Weakness: Pressing too hard and trying to hit the perfect so I don't let my teammate down.

Captain War Eagle....old buddy Ryan: stoked to be playing for you my friend, it's been too long!

My game....

Strengths:

Hybrids
Short Game (touch has came back around very well since adding the MD3's into the bag)
Putting (new putter into play the last few rounds and I feel very confident inside 10 feet, usually decent at lagging)

Weaknesses:

Driving (been hit or miss lately but can pull Mini and get a ball in play when needed)
Irons (not really a weakness but not a strength either, I'm very good on par 3's but get a little fat/thin at times off the deck)
Need to do a better job with course management and not pull driver on every hole.....

More important than all of that is that I thrive on competition, especially match play. I'll have 2-3 blow up holes but will make a ton of pars and squeak in a few birdies. My game typically rises for competitions and I play better than my index.

I'm a talker, like to talk shots out with my partner and seek/offer feedback. I enjoy laughing so we will have fun...and keep the apologies to ourselves.

Captain War Eagle....old buddy Ryan: stoked to be playing for you my friend, it's been too long!

My game....

Strengths:

Hybrids
Short Game (touch has came back around very well since adding the MD3's into the bag)
Putting (new putter into play the last few rounds and I feel very confident inside 10 feet, usually decent at lagging)

Weaknesses:

Driving (been hit or miss lately but can pull Mini and get a ball in play when needed)
Irons (not really a weakness but not a strength either, I'm very good on par 3's but get a little fat/thin at times off the deck)
Need to do a better job with course management and not pull driver on every hole.....

More important than all of that is that I thrive on competition, especially match play. I'll have 2-3 blow up holes but will make a ton of pars and squeak in a few birdies. My game typically rises for competitions and I play better than my index.

I'm a talker, like to talk shots out with my partner and seek/offer feedback. I enjoy laughing so we will have fun...and keep the apologies to ourselves.

Good stuff buddy. You're competitive side gives you an advantage in match play more than anyone I have ever shared the course with.

Not to wish ill on others, because I'd never do that... For most hehe... But I'm hoping thr wait list pans out on this one still!

Merry Christmas all and remember that 2016 is just a few short days away. That, of course means that the #KickOffClassic is that much closer. Can't wait to see some old friends and make lots of new ones!

JM

Not to wish ill on others, because I'd never do that... For most hehe... But I'm hoping thr wait list pans out on this one still!

Seems that it always does brother.

Well life does get in the way, I have made it in 2 or 3 times off the wait list and unfortunately I had to miss the Bridgestone Invitational at Disney this year. It happens so I will offer out a good luck but I really hope everyone stays healthy and nothing happens that is so as to make them miss.

Merry Christmas fellas! Hope you guys got you wanted and have a great time with your families. I know I did, leading you guys into this event.

Merry Christmas fellas! Hope you guys got you wanted and have a great time with your families. I know I did, leading you guys into this event.

Now it's time to start working...

Merry Christmas to you as well captain. Ready to start working tomorrow when the courses open back up!

Merry Christmas Freddie, I am stoked to be playing for Beags but it is an added bonus to get to compete against you and so many great THPers, I know all of us are going to have a ball.

First order of business for me in my prep is to decide which putter to commit to. Having 7 that you really like makes it hard to take the same one every time you go to the course but for this event I feel I need to do that. That decision will be made and stuck to by 1/1/16.

How do the courses play down in Alabama?

Is it like playing in Florida where my 245 carry is really 225?

We just call FL, playing in the truth. :D

GA is that way as well so my guess is that AL is pretty comparable.

Back