Addicted to Glove- thanks1974's glove testing thread

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The little white Jeep came by the Northeast Office of THP and what did it bring? 12 different gloves for a little Glove Shootout! Or is it Glove Wear Out? Maybe Glove Wear Off? Whatever you want to call it...Michael Jackson just gave a big "He He!" from his grave. Here are the contenders:

Bridgestone E Glove
Mizuno RetroFlex
FootJoy SciFlex
FootJoy StaSof
FootJoy WeatherSof
Pow Golf Glove (I kid you not)
Taylormade Stratus
Taylormade Tour Preferred
Taylormade Targa Tour
Srixon Hi-Brid
Srixon Cabretta Glove
Mizuno Rain Fit (no excuses to not hit in the rain now!)

IMG_0506.jpg
[/IMG]

As I hit at the range and on the course with these I'll be updating this thread regularly. I'm really excited by the variety of companies and the different qualities of each glove. If you have any questions about any of these gloves, etc. let me know here.

good lord man, that's a lot of glove!! have fun with that.

This could take awhile. Make sure you choose the one that matches your pink travel cover best.

go e glove!!!!

I vote you do the POW glove first... I want to buy them but some other people testing them had major problems!

Oh yea... and congrats! Looks like you'll be having lots of fun!

StaSof might be my favorite glove right out of the pack, but I seem to wear the glove out too fast. Weathersof is a great glove on those hot days when your hands start to sweat. However, my favorite glove right now is the Spidr2. It's the most durable glove I've owned.

WOW, my brain hurts just looking at this thread! You're going to be all over the place...you better keep a notepad handy for help remembering which glove is which!

you got it Gus...I will say that it's the most unique glove in the bunch. Argyle print? I'm hard on gloves due to sweat factor so we'll see how this one holds up to the heat and humidity this wekeend
I vote you do the POW glove first... I want to buy them but some other people testing them had major problems!

Oh yea... and congrats! Looks like you'll be having lots of fun!

This looks like a blast. Can't wait to see what you think here thanks! I really like the feel of my last SciFlex, but just didn't hold up for long. (Althought I got it at the worst time of year).

I'm lovin the SciFlex right now...durability is a little weak but its a great glove at a great price.

I am interested to hear about the bridgestone glove, i use one right now and really like it. It is not the same model as the one you have so i am curious to hear about it.

I'm lovin the SciFlex right now...durability is a little weak but its a great glove at a great price.

This is my current glove right now and while I think the durability it ok, I think the moisture management of the glove is no better than a chamois

You gotta whole lotta glove! Good luck, but remember that too much glovin' can be a bad thing.

Durability test will be interesting, since I don't believe true glove lasts forever.

Wore the Pow glove today for my found. Temp was 85* with minimal humidity. This glove was a real pleasant surprise! Nice tight fit, great tackiness, pretty stylish. Absolutely no issues with the glove becoming too wet or slippery. The coolest feature of the glove? It's got a zipper closure instead of a velcro flap. Definitely felt and looked like a custom glove!
IMG_0509.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0510.jpg
[/IMG]

Second pic looks creepy! All it needs is a chloroform rag lol.

OJ? ..

Wore the Pow glove today for my found. Temp was 85* with minimal humidity. This glove was a real pleasant surprise! Nice tight fit, great tackiness, pretty stylish. Absolutely no issues with the glove becoming too wet or slippery. The coolest feature of the glove? It's got a zipper closure instead of a velcro flap. Definitely felt and looked like a custom glove!
IMG_0509.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0510.jpg
[/IMG]

That thing looks very nice....how is the FEEL??

Awesome. Perfectly snug fit that never had me thinking I had a glove on like other gloves I've worn
That thing looks very nice....how is the FEEL??

Awesome. Perfectly snug fit that never had me thinking I had a glove on like other gloves I've worn

cool, thank you....next questions, how is the FEEL.....hahaha, I am referring to thick, thin....feel of the club in hand? Can you get feedback from a mishit? I guess I should have said that the first time. The reason I ask is because I bought some Nike gloves and I hate how they feel when hitting a ball. I love how they fit my hand and texture, but now on ball striking

sorry, sometimes I associate fit with feel, etc. I'd say they're a tad on the thinner side but not to the point where they feel like they're going to tear. The fit and feel are so good it feels like another layer of skin where feedback was actually better than I thought and more noticeable than other gloves so far.
cool, thank you....next questions, how is the FEEL.....hahaha, I am referring to thick, thin....feel of the club in hand? Can you get feedback from a mishit? I guess I should have said that the first time. The reason I ask is because I bought some Nike gloves and I hate how they feel when hitting a ball. I love how they fit my hand and texture, but now on ball striking

That glove is very easy to look at. I look forward to hearing about the durability of this beauty!

I think it'll be pretty good. I have Decades on my irons which chew up gloves pretty good but these don't have a single sign of wear on them after being at the range a couple times as well as the course.
That glove is very easy to look at. I look forward to hearing about the durability of this beauty!

I think it'll be pretty good. I have Decades on my irons which chew up gloves pretty good but these don't have a single sign of wear on them after being at the range a couple times as well as the course.
I have generic decades and that was the very reason I asked. I had this nike glove that begged for mercy after a couple of rounds!

same with my FootJoys.....no durability and a chamois factor is the reason behind this whole thread for me.
I have generic decades and that was the very reason I asked. I had this nike glove that begged for mercy after a couple of rounds!

Back