The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly this is very true. And anybody can buy a domain name and call themselves media. But they cracked down on it a bit this year. They asked for a lot more info and proof in order to get credentials, which is a good thing.

The people you are referring to are often called "Trick-or-treaters", because they walk around with a giant bag and go from booth to booth to get free swag.
Just seeing this, but its SO true.

I'm surprised it hasn't thinned out some tough with so many now using twitter as their personal Trick-or-Treat playground looking/begging for free stuff.

Every trade show has swag seekers (guilty as charged here, since I would do the same when my wife used to do trade shows :embarrassed:)

I would guess "the look" is more from fatigue than anything. When having swag at a booth, one should expect the bag-fillers.
Oh no doubt. See my earlier post about being here 7 days and they have meetings before and after the show, late dinners. It wears you out. I know from a previous industry.

And I know they absolutely want to get rid of some of the giveaways so they don't have to pack it. I think it was Champs that was actually standing in the Isle at one point giving out tees or spikes. I didn't really look closely.
Just seeing this, but its SO true.

I'm surprised it hasn't thinned out some tough with so many now using twitter as their personal Trick-or-Treat playground looking/begging for free stuff.
James that begging is out of control on Instagram.

Today, it was actually embarrassing being on the floor with the trick or treaters. I mean guys my father's age wearing shorts and grabbing what ever they could.

Tons of kids also, taking up the hitting bays and the simulator demos.

I know that's why I got my work done on Tuesday. I actually wouldn't have come at all today except to see a friend with Cleveland I missed yesterday and to follow up with the Bridgestone rep on a possible demo day at our club.

Otherwise I would have gone to WDW

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Work getting in the way of my THP PGA show coverage. I hate work. Working for a living is for the birds.

Work getting in the way of my THP PGA show coverage. I hate work. Working for a living is for the birds.
Being an adult is lame.

When you're on a field trip and you see the substitute teacher who's covering for you posting stuff on Facebook... Nice...

The last company to send tax docs out. Cmon it's 2016. This stuff is all digital, just put the freaking numbers on the 1098 so I can file my taxes and get that crap over with.

I know it's more complex than it seems. Just annoying to have to wait on one document from one bank. Especially when I have other documents from the same bank that are done.

</rant>

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Anyone who thinks the PGA Show is full of swag is sorely disappointed. I walked away with a KBS towel.

Anyone who thinks the PGA Show is full of swag is sorely disappointed. I walked away with a KBS towel.

I wouldn't expect much less...
It would be awesome to see all the new products, and talk to the people behind them.

I bet that was quite the rewarding experience even with the lack of swag.

I wouldn't expect much less...
It would be awesome to see all the new products, and talk to the people behind them.

I bet that was quite the rewarding experience even with the lack of swag.

Keeping up with JB is rewarding enough with regards to step count. Gave me extra room each night for the Mcdonalds run.

Keeping up with JB is rewarding enough with regards to step count. Gave me extra room each night for the Mcdonalds run.

You did great brother.
I tend to move at a different pace, and like we found out this morning, we did actually miss a small piece (got it covered today), but its a lot to cover in 2 days.

Whoa there, not sure you'll be able to fit all that into your luggage.

XM was encouraging the trick or treating today. You'd think they would know better.

I love going to the Detroit Auto Show for obvious reasons.But the biggest thing was seeing the celebrities and the live bands were beyond epic.Any live music at the PGA show?Any entertainment or autograph sessions?For me the Fast and Loud guys rock the Detroit Auto Show.

I love going to the Detroit Auto Show for obvious reasons.But the biggest thing was seeing the celebrities and the live bands were beyond epic.Any live music at the PGA show?Any entertainment or autograph sessions?For me the Fast and Loud guys rock the Detroit Auto Show.

Rant worthy?

Feel like death warmed over today. Ugh ... supposed to be a busy weekend, I don't need to be sick.

I wouldn't describe how I feel as quite that bad but I woke up congested and with a runny nose and it's been like that all damn day. From the nose up, I feel like there's a mucus anchor weighing me down.

Eff off you stupid head cold or allergies or sinus infection or whatever you are.

Hope you feel better soon, deuce. Those C200s won't play themselves! :D

Just one of those days. Seems to be happening more and more lately. Time for some changes, perhaps.

Saw another friend laid off at work today. They let him twist in the wind for a week, to get a unit finished, and as soon as it was complete he was out the door.

Was talking to him afterwards, the amount he will get on unemployment won't cover his child support payments.

Really sucks to see something like this happen, especially on a day when we picked up another couple orders.

It finally broke 45* today and all of a sudden I have an infestation of some tiny bug in my garage and unfinished side of my basement.....

I try not to rant often. But this week has been an emotional roller coaster for me.

GF father dies last week.
A good girl friend dies in an avalanche on Sunday. A colleague who I knew peripherally dies Sunday, from a completely different avalanche.
My mother's 16 yo dog died Tuesday.
My 105 yo great aunt died Tuesday - the last sibling of my grandfather.
My sister's dog died Thursday.

I almost do not want to answer my phone or texts, for what happens next.
Hug your loved ones. I am not sure there is anything else one can do.

You got friends here Spivey. We are thinking about you.

Shoot, I was going to complain about my migraine and my lost keys but Spivey ... that's rough brother. Thoughts and prayers, and stay strong.

Spivey, sorry to hear. That's a tough week for sure. I hope things start looking up for you sooner rather than later.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Wow, Dave, real sorry to hear about all that. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back