Demo Day - THP FL Golf Outing 2010

I just want to make sure this post does not get overlooked. I want everyone to know that we are there to help during the demo day so if you have questions don't be afraid to ask.
You bet guys, anything you need just holler at one of us. Treat us like the fitting room attendants if you must, "hey, go get me a 6-iron in this" or "this seems too stiff, do you have this in regular?" We'll all be there to help. This will actually help ME too, it will prevent me from burning myself out before we play 18 holes....I have a feeling I'll need all the energy I can get to keep up with Biggsy on the Champion!

You bet guys, anything you need just holler at one of us. Treat us like the fitting room attendants if you must, "hey, go get me a 6-iron in this" or "this seems too stiff, do you have this in regular?" We'll all be there to help. This will actually help ME too, it will prevent me from burning myself out before we play 18 holes....I have a feeling I'll need all the energy I can get to keep up with Biggsy on the Champion!

Well now I see who is running back and forth to the bar to get the morning cocktails!!! :D

Well now I see who is running back and forth to the bar to get the morning cocktails!!! :D

Bloody Mary for me P4B :D.... Naww I got to stay sober so I can try all the different brand nine irons out there.. It's my 325 club :eek:).

i'll certainly be more than happy to assist anyone in any means that i know how. i'll be the guy rocking the amish beard.

i'll certainly be more than happy to assist anyone in any means that i know how. i'll be the guy rocking the amish beard.

And the greasy, bright red calves!

I see I'm not the only one with an attack plan! :)
-Drivers (mine is old... I need some new technology) Been eying Nike and Taylormade
-Irons (mine are forged, my game is not! I need something easier to play)
-Everything else after! Those two are the most important things.

My gameplan, in order...

Wedges (gotta replace the grooves while the grooves are hot... and "U")
Shafts for the big boy- lowering launch angle is a big goal of mine
Irons for next year (likely a year old model to save some cash)... mine are approaching 9 years old and I am hoping my game can handle something other than the SGI I currently play. Especially when I struggle with a high ball flight right now.
Putters- Looking for a heel-toe weighted blade
3W- I have one I like now, but I think there are some good ones out there now!

Ok seriously. Have I mentioned that I am excited about a certain putter? Just checking. Not sure I mentioned it.

Ok seriously. Have I mentioned that I am excited about a certain putter? Just checking. Not sure I mentioned it.

I don't think you have - why not tell us all again, and maybe the names and brand of said putter ;)

I happen to be jumping up and down as we speak. I NEED to roll this thing ASAP!

I'll play along with gameplans....in order of importance

Wedges (3 yrs old and need replaced)
3w (going back in the bag and replacing my 3h)
Shafts for 3w/5w
4h (not necessarily needed but curious to see what hybrids may fit my game better now)

Day 1
-Fairway woods - I want to see what is out there, especially 3W's. Want to see if the TM SF works as well for me as it did for others.
-Shafts - I want to try some different shafts and I'm very interested in finding out if the right shaft and R9's FCT can help me out.
-Irons - All these new irons have pretty much made me accept that I will be buying some in the next six months or so.
-Hybrids - Again, looking to see what is out there. I love mine, but I'm not blindly committed to them. If there is something better for me, I want to find it.
-Drivers - I'm not really in a driver buying mood. Just picked one up a couple months ago. That said, I'm still going to be swinging them.

Day 2
- Wedges, wedges, wedges.
- My putter gets jealous if I start touching others, but I can keep it on the DL for a little while.

Number one priority is to find a set of wedges.

here's my hit list:

day 1:

hybrids: looking to replace the machspeed and i want to hit the superfast hybrid badly!
shafts: love testing shafts, i'm happy with my current one but would love to demo a c.kua or two.

day 2:

wedge: i want a new wedge. i'm going in a little biased b/c i loved the jaws when i demo'd it, but i will try to be open minded
putter: really want to roll some stuff with milled faces. never had one, wouldn't mind spending some time with them.

Day 1: I will probably hit a lot of irons and try some of the new C. Kua shafts. I love hitting irons and I am interested in trying some players irons just for fun. Of course I will have to hit everything that is pre-release.

Day 2: Putters, putters, putters. I am going to try everything. I can't wait to roll the putter that has JB so very excited. I will also demo wedges a little, but I think most of my time will be spent on the green.

day 1:

I will definately be trying out driver shafts. Always open to a driver change as well. Hybrids will be looked at to see if I can find the right 4h for my set.

day 2:

I think I have found the wedges for me, the XFT. I will have to test the 56 and compare to my Tw9 56. Also I will check out some putters. I'm thinking of making the move back to a blade putter, will have to see how they compare to the ghost.

sooo... how about a clue? something very vague that won't give much, but might give something??

sooo... how about a clue? something very vague that won't give much, but might give something??

That will not happen if he values his life. My name is GG, aka She Devil, aka Ice Queen, and I am the keeper of this information and I will not let it get out. I take full responsibility for being the mean one who won't let him say anything. :devil:

That will not happen if he values his life. My name is GG, aka She Devil, aka Ice Queen, and I am the keeper of this information and I will not let it get out. I take full responsibility for being the mean one who won't let him say anything. :devil:

meanie!!!

I can't wait to see what it is. Will we be able to see in on Saturday or will we have to wait till Sunday?

She speaks the truth......

Next week at this time I'll be in PHL Airport having a pop with OEM while we talk about the pending EPIC-ness of all the equipment he will be OEM'ing after 48 hours of demo time

Next week at this time I'll be in PHL Airport having a pop with OEM while we talk about the pending EPIC-ness of all the equipment he will be OEM'ing after 48 hours of demo time

That's funny - I was just thinking that I'll be in Detroit in exactly one week from now!

hey which flight from Philly are you guys on? My connection goes through Philly

Back