2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

+1 no $$$ has been thrown my way by any of the OEM's nor have I been told by JB or GG to write a 'positive review' I've always been told to write how I feel and what I think no matter what
geez bama, a little harsh man. you and i both know that you can't expect a ton of lefty gear, that's just the way it always is. i know you are just trying to be honest but to imply that there's payment for good reviews is misguided, b/c the forum members are suppose to be doing the reviews, not just JB and GG. it's the one time that we can take someone's equipment, hit it on the range, throw it in the bag for a round, and then share our thoughts.

We have NEVER taken a dime for good reviews. Never ever ever and the insinuation of something different is flat out wrong. And there are a few staff writers here that would take MAJOR EXCEPTION to having their morals and ethics taken into question.

There is nothing to be in the know about. We have said from Day ONE, that our outings will be held in FL.

I hope that the statement in question was not meant as it came across. When I read it, I was hoping bama meant that the reviews themselves were good, not the they were good reviews on the product just because the company sent it out. Hopefully this will be cleared up, because it bothers me too when people think that.

EDIT: And I think it just was cleared up.

so, team THP had better start asking for some LH items for the 2011 event! you have plenty of time!! to tell you the truth, i wouldn't care if companies sent in last years stuff, it'd be nice to have a few things to just hit other than what's been in my bag.

thanks for clarifying bama, i was pretty sure you didn't mean it that way.

I know this thread is not for banter but it has got that way. I also know that some people are saying things about an 18% gratuity, some are just stating things and some are complaining. I was in the service industry for over 10 years. This is just crazy to me that 18% is even a complaint. If my meal is $10 at ANY restaurant, I would give a $2 tip. $10 bill at any restaurant PGA National and I was only giving the 18%. so if I see a complaint here then I can just guess that when you go to dinner you are normally a cheap a$$. and if I was your waiter I would be pissed. It was an incredible weekend and if all that you got out of it was a negative, then maybe THP outtings are not best for you in the future. Bama, this is not aimed at you, you know we are friends. I am just amaized that there are complaints like this......Now, I can understand the complaint that WIDER was the worst server EVER.

Reactions: JB
I think what Bama meant was that the companies offer free shipping back in exchange for reviews on the clubs. Especially with a lot of pre release, I would imagine they are looking for honest feedback. By good feedback I think he meant, a lot of feedback from 50 golfers. Not just reviews from 3-5 people. Thats how I interpretted it.

totally understood... I was just giving you my honest opinion from a LH player. Had I been RH, I am sure my answer would have been different. I really appreciate the stuff you did get for TC and I to hit, but I really was not trying to be harsh...

No worries, I just wanted to clarify. Without being the person/people to organize the event it's hard for others to know exactly what we do in order to get all the items or to understand the difficulities we sometimes come across. So I just wanted to try and put it into words, the best that I could, why we were limited on the left handed gear. I am not always great at verbalizing things but hopefully what I said made sense and helped everyone better explain the reasons behind certain things.

Post of the day One-T

I think OEM is going to friend Wider on Facebook this week.....
I know this thread is not for banter but it has got that way. I also know that some people are saying things about an 18% gratuity, some are just stating things and some are complaining. I was in the service industry for over 10 years. This is just crazy to me that 18% is even a complaint. If my meal is $10 at ANY restaurant, I would give a $2 tip. $10 bill at any restaurant PGA National and I was only giving the 18%. so if I see a complaint here then I can just guess that when you go to dinner you are normally a cheap a$$. and if I was your waiter I would be pissed. It was an incredible weekend and if all that you got out of it was a negative, then maybe THP outtings are not best for you in the future. Bama, this is not aimed at you, you know we are friends. I am just amaized that there are complaints like this......Now, I can understand the complaint that WIDER was the worst server EVER.

Ok guys, lets get this one officially back to the questions at hand and leave the complaining about prices, etc... to one of the other banter threads on the outing that we have.

I think what Bama meant was that the companies offer free shipping back in exchange for reviews on the clubs. Especially with a lot of pre release, I would imagine they are looking for honest feedback. By good feedback I think he meant, a lot of feedback from 50 golfers. Not just reviews from 3-5 people. Thats how I interpretted it.

that was part of it, but I was really digging at was that if the manufacturers offered to pay the shipping both ways, then it might not matter as much where the venue was. By deductive reasoning, the feathers I have ruffled, and Morgans post, I have my answer...

I have known from day one that THP does not take anything for honest review. they pride themselves in that.
I was just asked about the next outing and wanted a tad more information on the way the process worked before providing an answer...nothing more than that...

:deadhorse:
bama

P.S. as for the 18% comment....I think someone put it best when they said that this place might have seen like sticker shock...that explained it perfectly...I dont go to places like this enough to have a good reference...As a matter of fact, the last outing with multiple THP members, was renting a cabin in the mountains, playing local courses, and grilling store bought steaks...(not really a good comparison...but a heck of a good time)

The more I think of it, I would love to go back to PGA National. I thought everything that it offered us as a group was great. We could easily make it 3 days there. It was easy to get to from the airport, which was great. I can't wait to see what you guys think of for the next one.

I think you hit the nail on the head....total apple vs. an orange

I hope the resorts that see this thread can see the passion and commitment that THP can bring to their place. If at the end of the day we're complaining about 18% and nothing else then the trip couldn't have been that bad at all.
that was part of it, but I was really digging at was that if the manufacturers offered to pay the shipping both ways, then it might not matter as much where the venue was. By deductive reasoning, the feathers I have ruffled, and Morgans post, I have my answer...

I have known from day one that THP does not take anything for honest review. they pride themselves in that.
I was just asked about the next outing and wanted a tad more information on the way the process worked before providing an answer...nothing more than that...

:deadhorse:
bama

P.S. as for the 18% comment....I think someone put it best when they said that this place might have seen like sticker shock...that explained it perfectly...I dont go to places like this enough to have a good reference...As a matter of fact, the last outing with multiple THP members, was renting a cabin in the mountains, playing local courses, and grilling store bought steaks...(not really a good comparison...but a heck of a good time)

1. Time of year to hold outing?

Fall or spring

2. Stay & Play vs find your place/golf courses

Stay & Play

3. What area in FL?

Orlando would be nice but we're not picky!

4. PGA National again vs another resort or area

I like trying new places

5. 3 days vs 2 days (tcalloway1 came up with an idea of having the event run 3 days with the 1st day being a full day of demo day)

3 days with demo day on the 1st day is a great idea!

6. THP Dinner...Did you enjoy it? Should we do it again?

Yes, yes!

7. Did you enjoy the contests?

Yes!

8. Was the price of this outing worth it?

Yes!

9. Would you come again or will you make it to the next one?

Yes!

10. What was the highlight? (or what would you have thought your highlight would have been had you come)

-Meeting the people
-Golf Courses Played

Whenever is the best Florida weather. Both are bad times for me for work but I WILL GET THERE!

Stay and Play 100%.

3. What area in FL?

I say Orlando, especially if thats where THP HQ is by next outting. Everone wants whats easiest to them, but lets not forget we are not lugging all of this stuff around like the hosts. I helped carry some equipment back to the room after the dinner and what people saw just at the demo day need to realize that their room was stacked with stuff. Hell, JB couldnt even use his pool table. so, whatever is easiest for THP.

I loved the courses and resort but I would like to see another resort. I have a feeling JB and GG will pick a spot best suited for us.

5. 3 days vs 2 days (tcalloway1 came up with an idea of having the event run 3 days with the 1st day being a full day of demo day)

You know where I stand here

definately do it again!!!

They were lots of fun.I am thinking maybe a lets make a deal type of contest....risk and rewards.

Hands down....YES!

Hands down....YES!

10. What was the highlight? (or what would you have thought your highlight would have been had you come)

-Golf Courses Played- both days...I love a challenge.
-Resort- beautiful and VERY accomodating
-THP Dinner- delicious!! I like that we were all there and able to talk a bit
-Demo Day- AWESOME!!!!! I was in heaven
-i-Bar- I loved the location and I think it was a key location. You KNEW where to find everone!
-Contests- These were just an added bonus. I love contests though, the yelling for the putts was great, sounded just like a gallery at a PGA tourney. It was EPIC! I would like to see some more things like this. and it was fair as it gets because ou had the opportunity to buy more chances.
-Other- Just the fact tha I got to spend time with family, my real fam and my THP fam. another reason why I want 3 days, I wanna hang out with everone longer.

Here are my comments, from someone who didn't attend but am planning to make the next one.
1. Time of year to hold outing? - We go south every March or April but fall can work as well.

2. Stay & Play vs find your place/golf courses - Stay and Play, it's been mentioned and I agree, the social part would likely suffer the other way.

3. What area in FL? - close to major airports... we usually have good luck getting to Orlando, FL / Miami & Tampa.

5. 3 days vs 2 days (tcalloway1 came up with an idea of having the event run 3 days with the 1st day being a full day of demo day) - 3 days

6. THP Dinner...Did you enjoy it? Should we do it again? - sounds like it was a great time. Definitely should be 1 evening social.

8. Was the price of this outing worth it? - The sticker for me was the air fare not the outing price.

9. Would you come again or will you make it to the next one? - It has already been discussed a number of times on the home front.

10. What was the highlight? (or what would you have thought your highlight would have been had you come) Demo day and meeting you all, I suck at golf.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but work today and shopping for my daughters baby shower... priceless??

1. Time of year to hold outing? Guess I expected the continuation of a Spring/Fall. Personally, I will only be able to make one and March/April sounds great to me.

2. Stay & Play vs find your place/golf courses: Stay & Play all the way. THP is all about the golf LIFE STYLE, these type places personifies that.

3. What area in FL? Orlando was a nice destination to fly into and much cheaper. PGA National would still be a great return destination as well.

4. PGA National again vs another resort or area: As said above anything with a great stay & play - premium resort that will offer a great price.

5. 3 days vs 2 days (tcalloway1 came up with an idea of having the event run 3 days with the 1st day being a full day of demo day): 3 days or more. Why fly all that way for two days. Add as many days as possible to see/play with my new great friends.

6. THP Dinner...Did you enjoy it? Should we do it again? Definately. The combination of getting everyone together and looking sharp, visiting at the tables was awsome.

7. Did you enjoy the contests? Why yes I did, lol. I think a lot of people felt I over did the contest by buying too many tickets. I did so to support THP, not to pad my chances. In fact, after all the thread banter about tickets, I really thought I was on the light side of what everyone bought. Guess we could have a ticket limit, but THP might suffer a bit by that one.

The putting contest was fantastic and I am extremely happy for my friend Bulldog. I would hate to see a long drive competition added, only a few would be in the true running. Better to me would be closest to the line down the middle over a certain yardage that take the shorter hitters and ladies into acount.

THP is about GOLF LIFE STYLE. Why not have a best dressed contest? Make everyone guess when it is and you will see some great stuff everyday, lol.

8. Was the price of this outing worth it? The price was well worth it. as far as the 18% goes, that is standard unless they have resort type fees. Add in the 2 for 1 drinks and we got a deal. Was it expensive overall, sure, but not over priced for what we got. Nice things cost more.

9. Would you come again or will you make it to the next one? I fully intend to. I can't imagine not making it to the next one.

10. What was the highlight? (or what would you have thought your highlight would have been had you come): Meeting everyone was the number one highlight for me. Testing, touching and drooling over all the equipment was right up there with staying in a world class resort. Seeing Bama in a bag was priceless!
-Golf Courses Played
-Resort
-THP Dinner
-Demo Day
-i-Bar
-Contests
-Other

Doesn't really matter to me, but if you put a gun to my head I'd probably say Spring.

Stay and Play would be my choice.

3. What area in FL?
Not that important, but Orlando would probably garner you the most THPers.

I think a different resort would be best for the coming year. Certainly not against going back there in 2 or 3 years though.

Definitely 3 days. I wish I coulda had another half day hitting irons and woods.

Yes, I enjoyed it. If its something you can subsidize again to not break the bank, I'm all for it.

Yeah, enjoyed em.

It was worth it for sure.

Yes in all likelihood.

Meeting everyone was a highlight
Irons / Woods demo day a definite highlight
Playing the courses too

I wonder if the Disney golf package would work for this big a group. I did a stay n play package with my usual winter getaway 8 guys and it was awesome, and pretty cheap. The best Disney course isn't even the one they play on tour (in my opinion). The obvious bonus to Disney is you could certainly bring families and they could enjoy the heck out of it too.

I guess the simplist & straight foward way to answer your question is.
I'd do it again just like before!!
only exeception would be 2 things, play another one of the courses along with the Champion & try to visit more with the ones I didn't get to.
The highlights was putting faces to the names & getting to know them better than thru their writtin words.

I like the stay and play idea. It seems to work well for all IMO. Orlando would be great b/c of teh other activities nearby. Tiem of year; perhaps April time frame and the 3 day format seems good with demo day being the first day. It will take something major to keep me away from the next one.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a few days:

What's an iBar?

I've been meaning to ask this question for a few days:

What's an iBar?

Thats just what they called the bar there. Everyone had iPhones too. jk

We are speaking with 16 different places today around the state and getting some great initial feedback and information back. We must admit that last night we sat here tired and worn out and actually thought about not putting them on anymore. But when it comes down to it, the people in attendance make it impossible to even think about those things. It is just too much fun for most to even contemplate. Thank you all that took the time to answer the questions, each one of you are what make up these outings. We believe that when we finally get the place official and you guys/gals see what we have lined up, you will be blown away again. We may organize them, but its the people in attendance that make them what they are.

I want to give a special shout out to TC. He is working with us in finding the right place and is taking some of the pressure off of us to make this next outing surpass the last one. And with the staff we had on hand to assist (TH, P4B, TC), we promise that the next one will be just that darn good.

We are speaking with 16 different places today around the state and getting some great initial feedback and information back. We must admit that last night we sat here tired and worn out and actually thought about not putting them on anymore. But when it comes down to it, the people in attendance make it impossible to even think about those things. It is just too much fun for most to even contemplate. Thank you all that took the time to answer the questions, each one of you are what make up these outings. We believe that when we finally get the place official and you guys/gals see what we have lined up, you will be blown away again. We may organize them, but its the people in attendance that make them what they are.

I want to give a special shout out to TC. He is working with us in finding the right place and is taking some of the pressure off of us to make this next outing surpass the last one. And with the staff we had on hand to assist (TH, P4B, TC), we promise that the next one will be just that darn good.

man if its anything near as good as last weeks it will be awesome. Last weeks exceeded my expectations by a ton. Don't stretch yourselves too thin, we just got back!

I don't doubt that future outings will be just as good, if not better than this one. If you guys can get something similar to what we experienced, it will be awesome. Don't try to out-do yourselves to the point that it becomes a chore. These should be fun for you too :)

I don't doubt that future outings will be just as good, if not better than this one. If you guys can get something similar to what we experienced, it will be awesome. Don't try to out-do yourselves to the point that it becomes a chore. These should be fun for you too :)

Nothing left to say after that.... I agree 100%

man if its anything near as good as last weeks it will be awesome. Last weeks exceeded my expectations by a ton. Don't stretch yourselves too thin, we just got back!

Thanks guys. No sweat, we are on it.

Back