Ultimate bag: What's your setup?

WestTex

I'm the bomb.com
Reaction score
Handicap
Biased on what you've had, demo'd, seen, and wished for; what would be the Ultimate setup that you would like to have in your bag right now?

Pretend Tiger's bank roll is chunk change if that helps you get past the "too pricey" part of your conscience :D

For me:
Driver: TM Superfast TP, love the black out look.
3w: current 3w, love the thing haven't even glanced at another.
5w: current again, but with a matching fubuki 83x tour in it
4-w: tough one. Bridgestone J38 dual pocket cavity DG x100s. Get my Freddy Couples on!
Wedges: 52* 56* 60* Adams Pugillei Black wedges dg spinner shafts
Putter: My Corza Ghost will due for now, maybe with some Vibrant pizazz though!!
Ball: Bridgestone TOUR B330-S, lots of them, number 7's

Being the brain-washed TMAG golfer i am....

TM Superfast TP w/ Miyazaki Kusala 72s
TM R9 TP w/ Miyazaki Kusala 72s
Adams V3 #3 Hybrid w/ Matrix Xcon 8H shaft
TM R9 TP "B" Irons with Tour Issue DG s400
TM TP xFT wedges w/ DG Spinner shafts
Love my Scotty untouched....just Circle H

Lifetime supply of TM Penta's or Bridgestone B330-S

Too bad this is a DAMN WISH LIST...nice thread by the way WestTex

TM Superfast
Current 3 and 5 wood
Mizuno mx200 (until I get better)
Cleveland cg 15 wedges
Any Bettinardi putter :act-up:

Being the brain-washed TMAG golfer i am....

TM Superfast TP w/ Miyazaki Kusala 72s
TM R9 TP w/ Miyazaki Kusala 72s
Adams V3 #3 Hybrid w/ Matrix Xcon 8H shaft
TM R9 TP "B" Irons with Tour Issue DG s400
TM TP xFT wedges w/ DG Spinner shafts
Love my Scotty untouched....just Circle H

Lifetime supply of TM Penta's or Bridgestone B330-S

Too bad this is a DAMN WISH LIST...nice thread by the way WestTex

LOL thanks, I find it fun to see what people REALLY WANT to use, not just what they have :)

For me its a little different but as of right now, everything in my signature is my ultimate bag.

However I want to play a different putter. I just seem to always come back to this one based on scoring.

I would have to say that my bag is my ultimate bag with 2 exceptions. I hate the shaft in my 3w and I want spinner shafts in my wedges.

Driver: Taylormade R9; one of them Supertri, R9 460, R9. I don't care
FWs: R9
Hybrid: Maybe the Mashie?
Irons: Ping G15's! I love these things! No changes there
Wedges. Would dump my vokey for another CG15
Putter: Scotty or a Kia Ma or a Bettinardi
Ball: Bridgestone B330RX or e6 in yellow

For me its a little different but as of right now, everything in my signature is my ultimate bag.

However I want to play a different putter. I just seem to always come back to this one based on scoring.

LOL being part of something like THP does have its advantages huh?

OK change to my putter, since this is an ultimate bag.

Bettinardi Limited Tour Heavy DASS Mallet Putter
bett3.jpg

bett2.jpg

WOW, all I can say lol. And can be yours for the low price of......................$1800.00!!!

R9 SuperTri with Project X Shaft
*2011 Cleveland 3 (probably a 17*), 5, 7 Woods
*2011 Cleveland 4,5 Mashie Hybrids
G15 Irons (I already have 6-LW)
Wedges - not sure about...already have them with my G15 set but would like to try other brands one day
Putter - Seemore FGP (already have - would like to try the M1 though)

*Done deal as soon as released!!!!!!!!

*Taylormade Supertri 9.5 w/ *Miyazaki Black Shaft
*Taylormade Superfast 3w w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Shaft
Cleveland Mashie 2,3 Hybrids
Cleveland CG16 Irons 5-PW
Taylormade xFT 52, 56*, 60* wedges w/ spinner shafts (* on the 56)
Original Wilson 8802

*Already Have

Last edited:

JB, out of the 600 or so putters you have, none is THE ONE? lol (I kid)

This really is a tough question, but I would certainly be starting my search with the Williams brand irons and going through their fitting if money was no problem. As far as putter, I hope my perfect one is on the way, but I know there will be many more, haha.

I really want some J38's but I just can't pull the trigger. /sigh

For me this would be:
- Miyazaki c kua 39 stiff flex for my R9 460
- Burner superfast 3w
- Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid
- Love my irons
- Mizuno MP-T11 wedges with dg spinners
- Love my putter, I'm sure there are much much better out there but I can score with this one.
Ball B330-s

I could echo JB's sentiments except for the whole "having a putter I can score with".

I would keep everything in my signature but i'd add a different putter. I would add the seemore Si1 and I would have my dream setup.

I really want some J38's but I just can't pull the trigger. /sigh

Such sweet irons buddy! Setho loves them and bstonerjk has them in his bag. I've heard nothing but good things.

everything in my sig

I'm pretty happy with everything in my sig. I think the one thing I'd change are my irons, but I dont know what I'd switch to. I'd just go through all the demos and pick the one I felt most comfortable, shot the best with. If you're not playing with clubs you enjoy playing with, it makes the game all that much harder to enjoy.

For me a dream bag is just that, a dream. I don't even bother to swing stuff I know I can't afford. It would only make me spend money I don't have. At this point if $ were no object I would change my woods for sure, and explore different putters and wedges. I only have 2 range sessions and one round on my Burner 2.0's and I'm REALLY happy with them so far.

Such sweet irons buddy! Setho loves them and bstonerjk has them in his bag. I've heard nothing but good things.

First time I hit them I couldn't stand them because they had the wrong shaft...then a guy I know had em with x100's at the course and I hit em on the range. Pure butter.

First time I hit them I couldn't stand them because they had the wrong shaft...then a guy I know had em with x100's at the course and I hit em on the range. Pure butter.

Well I hope they find their way into your bag man. I had a connection with the JPX 800's over the weekend. Uh oh!

Well I hope they find their way into your bag man. I had a connection with the JPX 800's over the weekend. Uh oh!

Yah where does it end... I do know I could use a little forgiveness though. I very rarely mishit my irons (Although Hawk and Don might have a funny story about a certain tee shot with a 6i a couple of weeks ago) but I just don't work the ball enough anymore to justify playing a straight blade.

Guys lets not turn this into the equipment pondering thread. This is the dream bag setup.

Guys lets not turn this into the equipment pondering thread. This is the dream bag setup.

Yah my fault.. I blame FLTC.

Anyhow my ideal bad would probably be Kooch's entire setup...including that bad mofo proto J38 driver he has.

Sorry. I'm the loud, off topic guy

Back