Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

What is the closest airport? Ft. Lauderdale?

I flew in to West Palm Beach last time and it was like a 20 minute drive to the resort. Flying in to Ft. Lauderdal this time, which is more like an hour drive.

What is the closest airport? Ft. Lauderdale?

heres my research since you are pretty close to me. I booked mine about a month ago. Southwest had the best fares. And if you are taking your clubs, the best bag system. You get two checked bags per ticket - and if you are checking an oversized item, such as clubs. They count as two. So my girlfriend and I are flying to the outing -well use my two checked bags for my clubs - then we will take two checked bags (1/2 for me, 1 1/2 for her lol) on her ticket.

All the other airlines - charged up to 75-100 to take the clubs - and some were 25 for just one bag. (economy airline)

In the long run - flying directly into WPB (west palm beach) was abuot 45-75 more per ticket than Ft Lauderdale.

I priced two tickets to ft lauderdale and a rental car (full size for the clubs) and it was cheaper than flying into WPB. but not by much.

We are flying into FT lauderdale on monday though and staying with my sister in south beach for three nights - then driving up to WPB on thursday.

Think i paid about 120 per ticket for each of us - and rental car was 125 for the week. if you need anymore advice feel free to ask - but im sure you will find something.

(if anyone else cares, i checked orbitz, travelocity, and expedia) southwest still beat em all.

and flights are booked! Flying from Hartford, CT to Fort Lauderdale, FL. 190 bucks round trip!

Thanks for all the tips CG! Looking now.

Oh man, 50% filled up already!
Glad I sent my form in and did not wait!!

If I remember correctly JB said something about releasing some contest and/or very FUN information once we hit the 50% mark. Is that still the case boss?

This is great! I think One T will be getting the confirmation in shortly to the resort. Gonna be a great time everyone!

If I remember correctly JB said something about releasing some contest and/or very FUN information once we hit the 50% mark. Is that still the case boss?

Yes, we will release part of the contests in a new thread later today.

holy smokes! 50% full already! that's incredible. looks like i may be losing another bet to JB.....note to self, no more bets with JB. i lose all of them.

KellyBo and I faxed in our information but have not received a written confirmation yet? I will call WPB today to make sure the fax went through....

KellyBo and I faxed in our information but have not received a written confirmation yet? I will call WPB today to make sure the fax went through....

same here gray! although i emailed mine in. i know renee was out of the office for a few days though.

If you didn't get a response from Renee just shoot her a quick email or call the resort and they can confirm everything for you.

If you didn't get a response from Renee just shoot her a quick email or call the resort and they can confirm everything for you.

yeah, that's what i was figuring.

well, if you're on the fence about whether or not to come to this outing you may want to be deciding much sooner than later! i think it's exciting how full it's getting so early on.

This sure is filling up fast! You people on the fence better get off soon of you will be playing your crappy local course come May and wishing you were on The Champion whispering swear words under your breath while the Bear Trap eats another ball and enjoying every minute of it.

I received an e-mail from Renee's assistant saying she received my authorization. I am assuming that is ok and the confirmation numbers will come out later like last time. Am I incorrect?

Yup, they will be given out later. There is a difference department that handles the confirmation numbers.

I received an e-mail from Renee's assistant saying she received my authorization. I am assuming that is ok and the confirmation numbers will come out later like last time. Am I incorrect?

Fax was just sent off, I'm in!!

Fax was just sent off, I'm in!!

Nice! Welcome to the party! I still have to send in the confirmation form to PGA as I'm still confirming flight times and days. Should get it done by tomorrow.

Right on everyone!! Gald to see more people getting in!! You won't be disappointed!

very nice man!!!! Glad your becoming a regular!

Heck yeah man, this past weekend further confirmed that this is the place for me to be.

Heck yeah man, this past weekend further confirmed that this is the place for me to be.

Thats great buddy! YOu will have a great weekend this weekend and its really gonna make you happy you found THP!

So I was just thinking back to the last demo day about how much fun myself and Golf4Life had during demo day, we would go snagup clubs for each other and both take swipes with them and discuss how we liked them. This has made me think that this year I am going to pair up with someone and do the same thing. It makes it a lot more fun to talk about the equip and get others feedback while you are doing it. Just an idea

Good point T. White Rhino, Spank and I did the same type of thing. Good to have others there because you never know what you could miss out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point T. White Rhino, Spank and I did the same type of thing. Good to have others there because you never know what you could miss out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I think this will kind of help on not missing anything

Back