2011 THP Golf Outing Contests

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the official thread in which we will list all the contests that will be held at the outing. Please keep this thread to contest only talk. We will update this thread with the new contests as they become official.

If you are unaware or have missed our announcement of the 2011 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day, you can read all about it here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...22-Official-THP-2011-Golf-Outing-amp-Demo-Day

1. 2nd Annual Crazy Putt Contest
Prize - Never Compromise Gambler Limited Created JUST FOR THP CONTEST
Similar to last year, we will have balls lined up at over 100 feet away. You will get 1 putt at the hole and the closest to holing it wins!

2. 1st Annual THP Chipping Extravaganza
Prize - Mizuno MP T-11 56* Wedge
Your job will be to chip it closest to the hole from a starting point of just off a "green". However there will be an obstacle or two in place that may make it a little more difficult.

3. 1st Annual Driver Short Game Blast Off
Prize - Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver
Very unique and lots of fun. A small target will be placed at a distance of 50-75 yards away from a tee box. Your job will be to hit the ball at the target and be the closest to it. However you MUST use a driver.

4. I'm A PGA/LPGA Tour Player Contest
Prize - Fairway Styles Outfit
The goal with this contest is to dress like your favorite PGA/LPGA Tour Player. Your job is to assemble a complete outfit and make yourself look like a PGA/LPGA Tour player ready to hit the links. You select the golfer of your choice. You put on the clothes, get your hair done right, and head to the course. Blind judging will be done by a group of panelists at the Outing assembled by THP. Winner will get $150 gift certificate to Fairway Styles to pick out some incredible apparel.

Poker Chip Drawing
We told everybody that picked up the original limited edition 2010 THP Poker Chips that there would be a special drawing for those that brought their chips to PGA National Resort & Spa. Each chip that you bring gives you 1 entry into the THP Raffle Drum and the lucky winner will receive...

A Limited Edition THP Putter Made by T.P. Mills
The putter will be numbered and only FIVE have ever been made!

Raffle
The raffle contest now has its own thread.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?18544-2nd-Annual-Raffle-THP-Golf-Outing-amp-...

Random Things
Make SURE you bring your 2010 poker chips to the THP dinner. Failure to do so will result in not being counted in the final drawing.
For the putting, wedge and driver contests, each participant gets one shot at it. They can purchase 2 additional shots for $5 in each contest.
If you would like extra shots at each contest, please have cash with you so we do not have to keep a list.
Attendees will be the judge of the dress like a pro contest

Last edited:
Woot!! Prizes!! :D

These will be loads of fun, I can't wait!!!

These are great contest ideas, I love the driver blast off, I was waiting for you to say that longest drive wins and then you completely went in an unexpected direction, one that I think is much much better too! This is going to be great!

I love that there are twists to these, it just makes it that much more fun and no skill level involved. haha, I cant wait to see these play out. My favorite part was the THPers elling in the putter contest. Sounded like a gallery and golfers on the hole by the range were wishing they were involved. It made for a fun experience that I cant wait to see agian. Guess I am gonn ahave to waste some mone on some buckets of golf balls hitting my driver 50-75 yards, man am I gonna lok funny on the range

Sweet my miss with a driver is a nasty 70 yard pull. This is great! Awesome contests. Can't wait to experience all of this again.

Loving contest # 3!!!

Loving contest # 2!!! especially if it's whoever can cream the most ankles

fify dude! haha

seriously, these contests are incredible. i just hope we have ample time to get them done!

SWEET! So glad I sent in my registration...can't wait!

fify dude! haha

seriously, these contests are incredible. i just hope we have ample time to get them done!

You stole my line, TC! P4B's ankle would be a perfect obstacle.

Driver short game sounds pretty fun... and should prove to be interesting to say the least.

fify dude! haha

Nothing says we have to do ALL of them during demo day. We can also do them before rounds each day.

Divot Mat, Divot MAT!! DIVOT MAT!!!

Nothing says we have to do ALL of them during demo day. We can also do them before rounds each day.

i figured you would have it all planned out and under control dude! these should be tons of fun.

The big wall thing from the big break is always interesting, but those contests are wicked

Guys please keep in mind that this is not a contest request thread. If you want to request something, use the regular outing thread.

The big wall thing from the big break is always interesting, but those contests are wicked

you know what's more wicked dude? actually being there to participate!!! woot woot! i thought you were booking when you got back from Scotland? SW Fla needs a roomie! Bridges does to! he needs to come collect his t-shirt.

in all seriousness, this thing will fill up quickly, especially when the prizes, demo equipment, and all that starts being posted. don't miss out!

Reactions: JB
great contests, I love the driver shot contest. I'm sure I can manage a 50-75 yard drive hehe

I know man. I completely planned on it until my car needed an alternator and it was 6 hours of labor to get it in and out
you know what's more wicked dude? actually being there to participate!!! woot woot! i thought you were booking when you got back from Scotland? SW Fla needs a roomie! Bridges does to! he needs to come collect his t-shirt.

in all seriousness, this thing will fill up quickly, especially when the prizes, demo equipment, and all that starts being posted. don't miss out!

Lets keep this one to the contests and keep regular outing talk to the regular outing thread.

I wish I could come. :banghead:
I might be able to win the shortgame blastoff with a full driver swing. :D

As more people sign up, we will be announcing more prizes and contests that will be at the outing.

I know man. I completely planned on it until my car needed an alternator and it was 6 hours of labor to get it in and out

eh what kind of car if you don't mind me asking...send me a PM so we don't derail the thread. Just curious is all.

Great contests and I can't wait to hear what prizes are in store for this outing!

I am so excited that we are doing more contests this time. We have some really fun ones still to be announced that I think everyone is going to have a really fun time with. Like many have said I think the driver challenge is going to be a blast!

Back