Scotty Cameron to Nike?

Im just saying, not playing a product because its too popular is the same as not playing a product because its not popular enough.
no, he bought one, rolled it for a long time, got rid of it, got it back b/c it just worked for him. but then he met the machine, and it worked better.....bye bye scotty.

But youre rocking a SuperTri and CG15s, both are which are arguably the most popular in their category. And a Miyazaki shaft, which is a very popular shaft(on THP). Dont think Im telling you that these arent the best for your game. But the Titleist putter could be the best for your game, even though you refuse to buy one(or roll one from the impression i got from that post).

Touche. I should say that Scotty Cameron putters are the wrong kind of popular. I gamed one for many months, and I hated pulling it out of the bag every time. I putted well with it though, but I have since found something that I like better and works better for me.

I do understand your post and thanks for pointing it out. I don't like the blind followers who buy a scotty because, "I can afford one," or because, "I play a Scotty because Titleist tells me that it is the only good putter available." I don't hate Scotty owners mind you, a lot of my friends play one, I just hate the mentality that *some of them have.

so if Nike gave you a check for $1m just to try it's equipment to see how it stacks up against other stuff you wouldn't take it?

May have to put m Scotty on ebay.

I don't like anything about Nike (although some of their products look good). I don't like the swoosh, many of the athletes they endorse and especially their commercials.

Not that I am too "anti".

But youre rocking a SuperTri and CG15s, both are which are arguably the most popular in their category. And a Miyazaki shaft, which is a very popular shaft(on THP). Dont think Im telling you that these arent the best for your game. But the Titleist putter could be the best for your game, even though you refuse to buy one(or roll one from the impression i got from that post).

Not close in my opinion. Neither of those clubs have cult like followings or are even 1st in marketshare. Love him or hate him SC brings polar discussions.

no, he bought one, rolled it for a long time, got rid of it, got it back b/c it just worked for him. but then he met the machine, and it worked better.....bye bye scotty.

I remember down in FL on the putting green with SethO he was telling me how much he wanted to change putters, but the Scotty just worked for him. It was really funny, it was like he was torn, on one hand he wanted nothing to do with that putter, but on the other he knew that putter gave him the most confidence on the course.

Definitely agree, and didnt think of it in the cult-like following. But both clubs are very popular in their class.
Not close in my opinion. Neither of those clubs have cult like followings or are even 1st in marketshare. Love him or hate him SC brings polar discussions.

I don't really know what to think of this. I'm not a huge fan of Scotty's putter, mainly because I'm not a fan of milled putters in general. Nike Methods were not bad, but ultimately not for me. I don't really see how he would fit into Nike, but I guess it could be done. I guess only time will tell on this one.

Considering the financial challenges Titleist is facing in the up coming year and add the rumors that a number of Titleist backed players will not be signed for 2011 this news would not surprise me. I'd guess Cameron will leave Titleist with a few proprietary model putters to market with his name on them but all in all this will be good for the golf industry. As for the people that claim they wont touch a Scotty Cameron putter if it has a Nike swoosh on it that makes as much sense as spending $200.00 on a SC putter cover.

What headcovers are $200 straight from Cameron Studio Store?

There's got to be a huge amount of wad exchanging hands if this goes through. I'd like to see and hear the explanation behind it all. I also want to see the reactions of those SC "traditionalists". I wonder what it will do to used SC putter sales. I could see it swing either way where you could see a huge dump in product or folks holding on to them as "collectibles".

I for one love it, like Seth said earlier, changes in the industry are not only exciting but I think they're good for competitive balance as well. I'm sure all those who recently plunked down mad cash for a Titleist Cameron putter might not be too excited, but then again....maybe they are, to have some of the last Titleist putters Scotty Cameron made would be kinda cool. I love it all!

So they are keeping Vokey? I've heard absolutely nothing about Vokey.

I guess it wouldn't be smart to push Vokey Wedge Works so hard with own store and releases just to get rid of it though.

Considering the financial challenges Titleist is facing in the up coming year and add the rumors that a number of Titleist backed players will not be signed for 2011 this news would not surprise me. I'd guess Cameron will leave Titleist with a few proprietary model putters to market with his name on them but all in all this will be good for the golf industry. As for the people that claim they wont touch a Scotty Cameron putter if it has a Nike swoosh on it that makes as much sense as spending $200.00 on a SC putter cover.

Having SC associated with Nike wouldn't be the reason,I'd never buy or game one of his putters.His putters are nothing special and are no better then any putter on the wall in the golf shop.
I prefer gaming a putter from a real custom putter artist,one who allows to have his putter tailored to the customers likes

IF this happens, would there be a spot for a new cult putter brand to grab some attention? Betti?

I for one love it, like Seth said earlier, changes in the industry are not only exciting but I think they're good for competitive balance as well. I'm sure all those who recently plunked down mad cash for a Titleist Cameron putter might not be too excited, but then again....maybe they are, to have some of the last Titleist putters Scotty Cameron made would be kinda cool. I love it all!

I agree with you. I dont think anything but good can come out of this and thats good for the industry and the consumers. And real good for Nike and Tiger.

Isn't it more likely that the SC Brand and designed go from Titelist to Nike? Mr. Cameron himself doesn't have to do jack for Nike if his contract ends with Titelist for a variety of reasons (I'm willing to bet there's a get out clause in case the brand is sold). Cameron can either then
A: go to Nike and use them to help set up those specialty Cameron putter studio's in various locations and whatever else he wants
B: He can do that on his own (maybe with some investors)
C: Go back to being a boutique custom putter shop
D: whatever else he feels like

Having SC associated with Nike wouldn't be the reason,I'd never buy or game one of his putters.His putters are nothing special and are no better then any putter on the wall in the golf shop.
I prefer gaming a putter from a real custom putter artist,one who allows to have his putter tailored to the customers likes

I agree 100%, I have a milled faced Cleveland putter and I dare anyone to tell me a SC Newport with the same weight is going to help you make more putts.

I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary.There's been several big names in putters just like Scotty Cameron who have been aligned with more then one company.

I like Cameron putters. They feel really good to me. Maybe one day Ill pop the cash but I doubt it juwt cause it seems out of reach which is funny because I dont think it is but that is the brand image I have in my mind

I think this would be interesting from all sorts of angles. Creates a ton of discussion. If it does go through i know my perception of Cameron putters will change. But to me for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, Nike is a better fit for Scotty Cameron. At least in my interpretation of the SC brand. I see SC as premium quality and craftsmanship with a...I dunno...whimsical touch. That sense of whimsy always seemed like a strange fit for Titleist to me.

I've waited to chime in, but, with the day I've had, what the heck...

I don't like the move for Nike. I associate them (their golf department) with creativity and inginuity through development of their own things and techs, Scotty just copies others designs and remarkets them (which would be a good fit for Nike as a whole, but not the golf dept.). Just my 2-cents.

hmmm. it's interesting.

I've waited to chime in, but, with the day I've had, what the heck...

I don't like the move for Nike. I associate them (their golf department) with creativity and inginuity through development of their own things and techs, Scotty just copies others designs and remarkets them (which would be a good fit for Nike as a whole, but not the golf dept.). Just my 2-cents.

Agreed!

What headcovers are $200 straight from Cameron Studio Store?

I've never looked at the Cameron Studio store. But I've seen limited edition collector SC headcovers for sale online (ebay & BST sections on another forum) for higher then $200.00. The one below went for $400.00. In 2007 one sold on ebay for over $3000.

SCHeadcover-1.jpg

TWSCHeadcover.jpg

Last edited:
I've been hearing this one for a while. Maybe it's one way to get TW to bag a Nike putter permanently?

Back