TaylorMade Releasing Forged Tour Preferred Irons for 2011

Now I am really excited (see sig and it will become obvious)

I look forward to seeing more about the MB. $899 is reasonable if they are good.

The link in the 1st post is updated with more pictures.

Man I missed all kinds of goodness today at work! These things look amazing!

When I first saw those "leaked" pictures or whatever a while back, I thought they were really ugly. I dunno why, but they seem pretty nice this time around.

Looking forward to trying them out the next time their demo-day truck is in town!

I can't honestly say these are as nice looking as I expected, but not bad. I'm not a fan at all of the hex in the center top and a little something special color wise would be nice, but so many people are getting away from "busy" these days. The proof will be in the pudding. I play a forged and love mine, but they are nothing on the scale of these. The price seem's high to me, or at least out of my range, but I sure hope TM can get it done with these.

They talked a lot about the workability of these, based on being forged. I could believe the softness, depending on material, but are forged really more "workable" than cast?

Pretty cool. I'm still not sure about the weight in the back. Maybe in a few years I'll be good enough to pick up a used set for 1/4th the price of new.

These were in play this weekend according to TM's Facebook page.

I tapped, I talked.

These were in play this weekend according to TM's Facebook page.

I tapped, I talked.

i heard DJ showed up to the shark shootout with them, but actually played with his R9 TP's.

This probably has been answered already but are they letting you match them up anyway that you want to? can you combine all 3 sets in some form or fashion? Im also hesitant about buying these because there will be a "B" version there always is with Taylormade...

This probably has been answered already but are they letting you match them up anyway that you want to? can you combine all 3 sets in some form or fashion? Im also hesitant about buying these because there will be a "B" version there always is with Taylormade...

Yes, as mentioned earlier, you can mix and match the sets.

"B" versions are made by Taylormade, but in reality, they are not better or worse, just different. In my opinion (and mine only) The B versions are for people that want to play tour issued stuff only and are looking more for WITB rather than other factors. Again, my opinion only. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but cost/analysis just does not add up. There are many out there that look at things like this. Their choice obviously. It reminds me of how limited editions and rare items are priced.

Yes, as mentioned earlier, you can mix and match the sets.

"B" versions are made by Taylormade, but in reality, they are not better or worse, just different. In my opinion (and mine only) The B versions are for people that want to play tour issued stuff only and are looking more for WITB rather than other factors. Again, my opinion only. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but cost/analysis just does not add up. There are many out there that look at things like this. Their choice obviously. It reminds me of how limited editions and rare items are priced.

Im sure thats true, but I think Taylormade just won me over with their ability to mix and match the sets any way that you like it, I just hope the retails dont have a ton of offset...I just dont like the way it looks, Nike failed by releasing pro combos 8-PW suppose to be a blade, then you see that Stewart Cink and Francesco Molinari are playing with split cavities 3-PW in the pro combos....GREAT JOB TAYLORMADE....

Im sure thats true, but I think Taylormade just won me over with their ability to mix and match the sets any way that you like it, I just hope the retails dont have a ton of offset...I just dont like the way it looks, Nike failed by releasing pro combos 8-PW suppose to be a blade, then you see that Stewart Cink and Francesco Molinari are playing with split cavities 3-PW in the pro combos....GREAT JOB TAYLORMADE....

am I missing something here? can you explain the failure to me?

am I missing something here? can you explain the failure to me?

Sure can, I like the VR Pro Combos, in the retail set 8-PW is true muscle back blade 5-7 is split cavity, 3 and 4 pocket cavity. Then I see that they make a 3-PW 2011 VR Pro Split cavity, that was not released to the public, I wish they wouldve kept the same line up as they did with the first VR irons: blade, split, full...my opinion, they failed. my opinion.

Sure can, I like the VR Pro Combos, in the retail set 8-PW is true muscle back blade 5-7 is split cavity, 3 and 4 pocket cavity. Then I see that they make a 3-PW 2011 VR Pro Split cavity, that was not released to the public, I wish the wouldve kept the same line up as they did with the first VR irons: blade, split, full...my opinion, they failed. my opinion.

i see what you're saying. just hoping that they would've made newer versions of the prior VR line?

Sure can, I like the VR Pro Combos, in the retail set 8-PW is true muscle back blade 5-7 is split cavity, 3 and 4 pocket cavity. Then I see that they make a 3-PW 2011 VR Pro Split cavity, that was not released to the public, I wish they wouldve kept the same line up as they did with the first VR irons: blade, split, full...my opinion, they failed. my opinion.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10539

How did taylormade win you over with this. Nike made a set that is almost identical to your sig.

I actually already have these, but will stop playing them and use the trade in value to go towards the Taylormade.....I said in another post that I hit the VR pro combos and loved them and bought them, but I have the right to change my mind, dont I? I mean most of us have many sets of golf clubs, correct? I like the Taylormade mix and match...im a club ho, well just irons and wedges, not driver

Ok I see what you are saying. Have you contacted nike to see if they allow 3-pw with the split cavity?

Dear Taylormade, please get my irons made asap!! I can't wait to get these in my hands.

Back