I love colognes. Yves St Laurent Pour Homme and Polo Blue are two of my favorites right now. I like to switch it up every now and then.

I know that I just threw away an avon bottle (empty) in the shape of a car that still smelled OK (I guess!) that I've had since I was a kid. I have no idea where it came from but I liked the bottle so I kept it.

Then I should probably trash them! What do they do after 12 months? Smell bad? Or does the smell just go away? What if they've never been opened? I have several bottles still in the packaging!

It really depends on the cologne in reality. Many higher end colognes and perfumes can last a few years, but most "experts" say that department store brands (generalization) seem to lose their way after about 12 months. They base the longevity on the ingredients and the amount of oils that are actually in the scent.

If they go bad, the scent goes away quickly, the scent can be altered, and worst case scenario, the texture could change and it could stain clothing, etc..

I love colognes. Yves St Laurent Pour Homme and Polo Blue are two of my favorites right now. I like to switch it up every now and then.

I used to like Polo, but I have not tried it in a while.

Some that I like, but do not own include Chanel Bleu, Armani Code Black, and Jake by Hollister (odd, thats my nickname, hehe.)

It really depends on the cologne in reality. Many higher end colognes and perfumes can last a few years, but most "experts" say that department store brands (generalization) seem to lose their way after about 12 months. They base the longevity on the ingredients and the amount of oils that are actually in the scent.

If they go bad, the scent goes away quickly, the scent can be altered, and worst case scenario, the texture could change and it could stain clothing, etc..

Goes to show what I know! I'm just glad I don't use it! Thanks for the info.

I probably have 12 bottle of different colognes in the house. I suppose you could say that I collect them haha.

Armani Code for me.

My favorites are Issey Miyake, Hanae More, Armani black

I know that I just threw away an avon bottle (empty) in the shape of a car that still smelled OK (I guess!) that I've had since I was a kid. I have no idea where it came from but I liked the bottle so I kept it.

I still have some of those up in the attic..
They might be worth something by now...

If you can consider it "cologne" I use axe. When I use real cologne it's usually something from ralph lauren.

Brut by Faberge!

I still love Brut. But being a singer, I can't wear any cologne because of other singer's allergies!!! So I generally don't wear any.

What I don't like about cologne/perfume is when the wearer doesn't go by the credo "less is more".

I've worked with people whose "fragrance" is so overpowering it gives you headaches, you can taste it, and on and on. And they obviously don't think it's bad because they load it on every day!

Most people don't say anything, they just deal with it. I, on the other hand, would tell them how bad they stink. Rarely did any good, as the next day it would be the same thing. I started spraying Lysol whenever they would come in my office. Which is just as bad, but it usually made them leave. The Lysol smell dissipated quicker than the fragrance, so it all worked ok for me!

There is a new cologne out now calledSugar Daddy. I think it is by Michele something. Not going anywhere near that fragrance.

serious part of my reply:
my favs are the Creed Himalaya and Creed Irish Tweed

little pricey but last forever

on the funny side:
TC that video is just wrong lol - sweaty taint. Nuff SAID!

serious part of my reply:
my favs are the Creed Himalaya and Creed Irish Tweed

little pricey but last forever

on the funny side:
TC that video is just wrong lol - sweaty taint. Nuff SAID!

glad you got a kick out of it. a good friend of mine started a sketch comedy group and that's one of their videos. they have some funny stuff.

I use Polo Black and Armani Mania right now.

glad you got a kick out of it. a good friend of mine started a sketch comedy group and that's one of their videos. they have some funny stuff.

so were you the guy in the shower? or on the curb? LOL i kid i kid

so were you the guy in the shower? or on the curb? LOL i kid i kid

haha, i'm not in any of them, but my best friend started the troup. i've helped write a couple of the skits. i may have to share some stuff w/you guys.

I'm a big fan of Givenchy Play.

The Creed line is one of the best on the market IMHO.

I wear Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

My wife's faves for me is either Obsession (for men of course) or the Ed Hardy.

Figured I would give this a quick bump for some opinions since it is hard for me to actually go out and smell colognes. Looking for something light and citrus-y to wear in the summer. Prefer to keep it in the moderate to inexpensive price range.

Back