California/Arizona/Nevada Get Together

Depending on the location and timing I would be in. If you need any help organizing I could even assist. Being unemployed offers me a little more free time than most haha.

Hey White Rhino - I'm totally interested - but depends on the timing. The PGA show is in January (in Fla), so that ties up finances a little and time. We're still not 100% sure we're going. We tend to plan the Fla show at the last minute (we're a little better about attending the LV show in the fall, as it's much easier to get to). I'll stay tuned for details on this outing. You thinking a multi-day event or a one day golf outing? Or does it depend on interest?

Hey White Rhino - I'm totally interested - but depends on the timing. The PGA show is in January (in Fla), so that ties up finances a little and time. We're still not 100% sure we're going. We tend to plan the Fla show at the last minute (we're a little better about attending the LV show in the fall, as it's much easier to get to). I'll stay tuned for details on this outing. You thinking a multi-day event or a one day golf outing? Or does it depend on interest?

Last time we did just a one day outing at a local course. We had some people come in from out of state so we went up to Industry Hills and played up there the day before. Was nice!

Any sort of tentative timeframe in place? Sometime in Jan? In Feb?

Any sort of tentative timeframe in place? Sometime in Jan? In Feb?

I was just lobbing a feeler out there cause I saw alot of SoCal people ( mostly new) on the Mashie thread and thought it would be nice if there were so many we could arrange a get together. But there has been not much response as you can see. maybe in time. Nothing immediate, maybe Feb or March.

I have notice alot of newer people from the southwest part of the country and was wondering if there is interest to have a get together in the next couple of months. We had one about a with the people from SoCal and it was a good day of golf and meeting fun people. I will step up and offer to arrange it if there is interest. I included all of California and Arizona and Nevada to keep options open and to see where the interested parties are located. If interested, respond either below or msg me and we can see if we can get something going in 2011.
I'm in!

I was just lobbing a feeler out there cause I saw alot of SoCal people ( mostly new) on the Mashie thread and thought it would be nice if there were so many we could arrange a get together. But there has been not much response as you can see. maybe in time. Nothing immediate, maybe Feb or March.

No that's cool. I totally see that. Just wondering if you had any rough idea or something. Just mainly curious more than anything. Seeing as if I can come, I'll have a heck of a ways to travel, a rough idea would make it easier to see if it can actually be done or not. But as I said, just curious more than anything.

I'm interested depending on location and timing. Las Vegas is fun, but it can get expensive. I haven't really played anywhere other than San Diego, so it would be fun to get out and see what's out there.

Cheers!

I could be in. Vegas or here in AZ there are TONS of nice courses for reasonable rates.

If anyone is interested, maybe we can get a group of us together to attend the Kia Classic in March since it'll be at Industry Hills this year!! The BF and I are going and we're meeting up with Ricearoni and her hubby.

If anyone is interested, maybe we can get a group of us together to attend the Kia Classic in March since it'll be at Industry Hills this year!! The BF and I are going and we're meeting up with Ricearoni and her hubby.

Industry Hills is so far away!!!! ( I kid I kid, it is right across the street from my place)

WR depending on when and where I maybe able to swing down. I will probably need to get to some sunshine about then anyways. We have this awesome airline (awesome=super cheap) that flies from here to Vegas, and sometimes you can get $20 flights. I will be in Vegas in late Feb for a convention, but keep us updated I would love to put some faces to the names.

WR depending on when and where I maybe able to swing down. I will probably need to get to some sunshine about then anyways. We have this awesome airline (awesome=super cheap) that flies from here to Vegas, and sometimes you can get $20 flights. I will be in Vegas in late Feb for a convention, but keep us updated I would love to put some faces to the names.

There are flights to Vegas for just $19 :D

Ok it seems we have abut 12-16 people interested. Lets try working out details a bit together. Please answer these questions and we start to put this together and maybe we can get more:

1) Would an outing in Las Vegas be something you would want to look into or just something "simple" in SoCal. (by simple just a basic golf course then maybe out to dinner)
2) Do you have a preference or course you wuld like to suggest?
3) What would be the most you would want to spend on the round of golf?
4) For those who would be traveling, would it be just you or with spouse/family and if w/spouse does he/she play? ( looking to see if course needs to be near other "attractions" )
5) When would be best time for you? ( Put month or if you know the week)

Thank you in advance for your answers.

1) Simple
2) No preference on course. Suggest Rio Hondo in Downey
3) $75
4) NA
5) A Saturday is best. Any month is fine.

Thanks for organizing!

Keep it simple, like close to home :) or within 1-2 hours drive. Whooo Palms Springs is nice that time of year and its not too hot yet...just an idea!

No more than $60-$70/person. That's getting pricey AND tougher courses :D

If its a weekday, let me know WAY in advance, cough cough sneeze sneeze, and I can work something out at work. FYI: I liked the time we had it last time, it was in March...and I get Caesar Chavez Day off which I think is the last Friday in March :confused2: Doesn't necessarily have to be the weekend, besides, during the week is cheaper :clapp:

FYI: If anyone's birthday is happening around that time, we can go to Tustin Ranch and play for $65, normally $110. You get a free round of golf on your birthday and guests pay the member price of $65. The birthday person gets free green fees with cart, free lunch, free range balls (I got an EXTRA large for free) and its a not-so-expensive day of golf and the course is NICE. Carts include GPS, shoe cleaner, ball cleaner AND club cleaner with ice chests filled with ice :good:

1) Would an outing in Las Vegas be something you would want to look into or just something "simple" in SoCal. (by simple just a basic golf course then maybe out to dinner)

I'd be up for Vegas as I've never been before. But seeing as I would be coming from such a far distance, it really doesn't matter. Although flights to Vegas would more than likely be cheaper for me.

Don't know the area, so I can't say.

Nothing too outrageous. This would be holiday for me, but I'm not looking to break the bank.

4) For those who would be traveling, would it be just you or with spouse/family and if w/spouse does he/she play? ( looking to see if course needs to be near other "attractions" )

Probably just me. AG doesn't have enough vacation time saved up. I might be able to convince a friend to come, but more than likely it would be just me.

I'm fairly flexible. I'd say late Jan, early-mid Feb would be ok.

Thanks Rhino!

I guess I should say that nothing is set 100% in stone. I may not be able to do this, but it sure would be nice!

I would like Vegas or Palm Springs.

I've played quite a few in Vegas. Badlands is nice and not super expensive but there are tons there.

Maybe as much as $100. Not much more than that.

Open either way. Vegas is a 5 hr drive or 1 hour flight.

Open here, obviously winter/spring is much cooler if we go Vegas or Palm Springs.

Sounds interesting and what might help turnout would be the presence of the head office and some manufacturers.

I think that you get better golf for your dollar in the desert than you do in the L.A. basin.

Sounds interesting and what might help turnout would be the presence of the head office and some manufacturers.

I think that you get better golf for your dollar in the desert than you do in the L.A. basin.

Can you explain the bolded part?

Not to put words in his mouth but I'm pretty sure he meant you and GG, and your amazing van of goodies.

I like the idea that THP'rs are getting together, but if anybody is spending much money to do it, I'd really hope that you considered coming to FL in May as well or as an alternative :)

I like the idea that THP'rs are getting together, but if anybody is spending much money to do it, I'd really hope that you considered coming to FL in May as well or as an alternative :)

+1 hawk.

nothing wrong with the get togethers but i'd rather anyone on the fence to make it to PGA National make it there. but i'm being selfish.

Back