600 Rounds of Golf in 2010. Lucky or Crazy?

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too. I'm jeoulous and it is really amazing he held up without getting injured. Sometimes by body hurts after playing 18 holes. The first couple of weeks would be tough on the body. It's cool that he walked most rounds, (and lost 33 pounds as a result). At the end of the day he is living the dream...

I say crazy lucky!!! I would love to be able to play this much golf. I am totally jealous, but little chance I'm going to match it.

I don't think I could maintain my love for the game if I played that much.

(via tapatalk android)

Wow thats awesome, he isnt to far from me. Might have to go play a round with him, although he will kick my butt. Never thought a 64 year old man could play 600 rounds of golf. Thats just amazing!

Thanks for sharing that SeeMoreGuy. It is a pretty heart warming story and it is great that he was able to find a way to make some money for charity out of it all.

If I had the ability economically to challenge him I would definately try. When I was between work during the summer I would play between 27-36 holes a day at a course that I did some sidework for in exchange for an annual membership. I loved every minute of it and it helped me get back into this great game.

Wow thats awesome, he isnt to far from me. Might have to go play a round with him, although he will kick my butt. Never thought a 64 year old man could play 600 rounds of golf. Thats just amazing!

My 83 year old Grandpa (about a 25 ghin) walks 18 three times a week. 156 rounds a year on the same course for him is great and boy does it show when I play with him. In fact I am headed up to lose $3 bucks to him this Thursday. He plays with his 78 year old brother (about a 29 if I remember correctly) and they bet a buck on the front, back and overall. I think they invite me because they are tired of passing the same $3 back and forth between them and need some fresh bills.

i admire his attitude. he must be a very easy going player because since august i was playing 5 or 6 times a week, sometimes 2 times a day, and practiced the days i didnt play due to college golf. i felt really burnt out and took 3 weeks off. if i could play golf everyday and not get tired of it or feel physically tired then i would be in heaven

Wow! That is insane. It is crazy how much this games means to us addicts.

Amazing, as much as I love the game I don't think I could muster the desire for 600+ rounds of golf. I generally play between 80 and 100 rounds per year, for that I'm thankful. This year I'll finish at 94.

That's one lucky S.O.B. ....and he ain't playing the $20 muni either. He's playing a PGA Tour course.

I wouldn't mind playing that many times in a year, but it would have to be on different courses. I couldn't play the same course 600 times in a year. I've got people around here that say I play too much, and I'm nowhere near what this guy is doing.

The sheet number is mind boggling to me. Part of me would love to play that much, but just for the body to hold up over that much swinging would be amazing. I wonder how many swings he actually took? I dont think I could play the same course that many times in the same year. I like a bit of variety, but to get into the Guinnes World Record Book perhaps that would be worth it. I would probably set the record for most golf balls lost as well. hehe (Oh, I may already have that one)

Wow!! That is like 4 years of golf for me (+/- a few months). I would have to have at least 3 courses to alternate the rounds between. Got to have a little variety to keep it interesting.

I would love to give this a shot, if I had a course that I could play and a warm weather climate that I could live in.

Wow!! That is like 4 years of golf for me (+/- a few months). I would have to have at least 3 courses to alternate the rounds between. Got to have a little variety to keep it interesting.

The Four Seasons membership has access to two courses, the TPC Four Seasons and Cottonwood. The Byron Nelson used to be played on both of these courses during it's tournament. Now, it's only played on the TPC.

GHIN will let you do handicap lookups of all members. You can see where this guy plays multiple courses and multiple teeboxes. Is "handicap stalking" legal? LOL!

That's incredible. I played 145 rounds and thought that was a lot. Of course I live in the north. :)

Thanks for the heads up.
The Four Seasons membership has access to two courses, the TPC Four Seasons and Cottonwood. The Byron Nelson used to be played on both of these courses during it's tournament. Now, it's only played on the TPC.

GHIN will let you do handicap lookups of all members. You can see where this guy plays multiple courses and multiple teeboxes. Is "handicap stalking" legal? LOL!

Wow! I don't know how a person wouldn't get burnt out playing that many times within a year. However, if it was different courses and great group of people to play with then I could maybe see it. I guess you just have to really keep remembering the high points and throw out any low points of a round to keep playing like that. Someone that plays that much has to certainly love golf and then some! He also has a very understanding girlfriend! She should get an award herself! I'd be afraid of the $ on golfballs I went through.

I'm going lucky but you have to be a little crazy to play this game anyway

If this was economically feasible for me, I would love to try to beat that record.

Great story.

Cool link thanks!

That's a lot of golf. I'm lucky to get in 30 or 35 rounds a year. This year I didn't even close to even doing that.

Last edited:
Back