Pictures of the course

TC,

Old Union is a beautiful golf course. Is it open in the winter? I'll probably be down in upper east TN this January and I may make a foray into GA to play some golf.

Yesi it is sean, and their winter rates are incredible.

The guys I go on my annual "golf trip" with stayed local this year due to kids being born and things like that. This year, to stay close, we went into the Poconos for the weekend and played a couple great courses. We lucked out with the beautiful and warm weather and the courses were literally up and down the entire time.

This picture is of the Par 5 10th hole of Hideaway hills, from the middle tees, we were at least 90 feet above the fairway. With this elevation change and a little tail wind, we all hit ridiculously long monster tee shots. In fact, mine kicked and rolled past the corner on the picture below to 150 yards from the pin!

hideawayhillspar5.jpg

This is the par 3 7th hole. I don't think the picture shows it well, but this 190 yard hole's tee box was at least 100 feet above the green, maybe more. I played an 8 iron and still almost flew the green. What a great tee shot... we just wanted to stay on this tee box and hit all the balls in our bag, what a blast.

hideawayhillspar3.jpg

great pics G4L!!!

great pics G4L!!!

Thanks. Hopefully the local THPers can get out here this coming summer. This and the Split Rock course we played were really nice, challenging courses.

will definitely be there. Split Rock is a great course!
Thanks. Hopefully the local THPers can get out here this coming summer. This and the Split Rock course we played were really nice, challenging courses.

Dang, that is wild. Cool course!

The guys I go on my annual "golf trip" with stayed local this year due to kids being born and things like that. This year, to stay close, we went into the Poconos for the weekend and played a couple great courses. We lucked out with the beautiful and warm weather and the courses were literally up and down the entire time.

This picture is of the Par 5 10th hole of Hideaway hills, from the middle tees, we were at least 90 feet above the fairway. With this elevation change and a little tail wind, we all hit ridiculously long monster tee shots. In fact, mine kicked and rolled past the corner on the picture below to 150 yards from the pin!

hideawayhillspar5.jpg

This is the par 3 7th hole. I don't think the picture shows it well, but this 190 yard hole's tee box was at least 100 feet above the green, maybe more. I played an 8 iron and still almost flew the green. What a great tee shot... we just wanted to stay on this tee box and hit all the balls in our bag, what a blast.

hideawayhillspar3.jpg
That looks like a fun course! I love big time elevated tee shots like that!

Great pics of a beautiful course, G4L! Those elevated tees on par 3's sure make for some heckuva ball marks on the green though, don't they? :embarrassed:

Pics of the course

Pics of the course

Thread for posting pics and info from some of your favorite courses.

Timberstone Golf Course at the Pine Mountain Resort. Iron Mountain, MI.

Par 5 18th. 600 yds from the white tees. All down hill and tight. The fairway is sectioned off into 4 tiers. There is a pond protecting the green in front.:angry:

Untitled.png

moved this over to the Course Review section.

awesome idea for a thread dude!

here's the 18th hole at The Old Edwards Club outside of my hometown of Highlands, NC. huge risk/reward hole. you can't quite drive it, but you can put it down there about 40 yards shy of the green or you can tee off with a mid iron and land the ball on the flat spot of the fairway about 150 out.

40374_428857463426_537878426_4825835_8289843_n.jpg

awesome idea for a thread dude!

here's the 18th hole at The Old Edwards Club outside of my hometown of Highlands, NC. huge risk/reward hole. you can't quite drive it, but you can put it down there about 40 yards shy of the green or you can tee off with a mid iron and land the ball on the flat spot of the fairway about 150 out.

There is a shorter downhill par four on that nine, the green kind of sat off to the right behind a grove of trees. The first time I played it I flew my drive on the center of the green. It was so far downhill even my driver stopped within just a few feet of its pitch mark. Amazing nine holes of golf, the front nine was a bit boring though.

There is a shorter downhill par four on that nine, the green kind of sat off to the right behind a grove of trees. The first time I played it I flew my drive on the center of the green. It was so far downhill even my driver stopped within just a few feet of its pitch mark. Amazing nine holes of golf, the front nine was a bit boring though.

you mean this hole? it's number 3 on the mountain side (back 9). i've driven it with a 3w but usually lay up short with a 5 iron.

40374_428857453426_537878426_4825833_927007_n.jpg

you mean this hole? it's number 3 on the mountain side (back 9). i've driven it with a 3w but usually lay up short with a 5 iron.

Thats the one. Its been several years since I played it. It was called Highlands Cove at the time.

Thats the one. Its been several years since I played it. It was called Highlands Cove at the time.

yup, i use to play it every single weekend back in 05/06' then it sold and became "exclusively" private.

Beautiful fellas. You all sure are having some nice weather.

I didn't take my picture today. That was from my last round at the course in June.

keep 'em coming guys. This is helping (a little) with my golf withdrawals!

keep 'em coming guys. This is helping (a little) with my golf withdrawals!

approach to the par 4 18th at Burlingame (aka, Sapphire Lakes Country Club), just outside of Cashiers, NC. tricky par 4 b/c it doglegs severly from left to right. 3w at most of the tee and if you can work the ball a little bit, you'll have no more than a PW to the small green. maybe the most attractive back drop ever!

30063_404117843426_537878426_4213755_6089392_n.jpg

#13 at the Cliffs at Glassy in Landrum, SC. A 9-iron or so off the tee with about a 3,000 foot drop right off the back of the green. Choose your club wisely...

100_3962.jpg

#13 at the Cliffs at Glassy in Landrum, SC. A 9-iron or so off the tee with about a 3,000 foot drop right off the back of the green. Choose your club wisely...

100_3962.jpg

This gives whole new meaning to the phrase, "Long is dead" :tremble:

Back