Leaving the Driver in the Bag

3) Figuring out what fify means

Fixed It For You

People put it down then alter the quote to something wittier then the original quote.

I certainly am not a 14 driver per round guy. I am not long at all, but I still will play to stay out of trouble even if it means hitting a hybrid into a green instead of a 8 or 9 iron that has a lot of risk to getting to that distance. Heck its getting where everyone I play with is longer than me. LOL.

I have actually decided to play my next round driverless. May leave the three wood out too. They just are not behaving. I have decided that they are just getting me into trouble, so this will teach em a lesson, hehe.

It depends on what the hole calls for. I'm big on course management. Course I'm not as young as most of you so I probably use a driver more. However, if the hole is very long and very tight I'll tee off with less than a driver just to get the ball in play.

I'm hoping to play Old Union in February while I'm visiting in NE Tennessee. It looks like a beautiful course...from the pictures one of you guys posted a while back in another thread.

Driver. Unless I'll drive it through a dog leg. You need to move it out there. I see too many guys in my men's club that hit 3w and still end up in trouble, only farther from the hole.

Kevin

Driver on most par 4 holes unless there is a short dogleg or there is trouble such as a hazard that is within my range but not something I can get the driver over.My driver is usually my most consistent club.If I could get my approach sots as good, I could lower my handicap greatly.

Driver most of the time since I moved back one tee box. I need all the distance I can get. I do occasionally pull out the fairway wood or hybrid but usually go with the driver. This may change some when I add a 3 wood or lower lofted hybrid back to my bag.

Most of you guys on here know I usually like to tee off with my nine iron on those long par 4's :D.... Setho when is your B-day? Just curious when you are heading to Old Union again? I never can play that course enough :thumb:.

P.S. Sean you might freeze your butt off playing golf in North Ga in February good buddy :golf2:

Most of you guys on here know I usually like to tee off with my nine iron on those long par 4's :D.... Setho when is your B-day? Just curious when you are heading to Old Union again? I never can play that course enough :thumb:.

P.S. Sean you might freeze your butt off playing golf in North Ga in February good buddy :golf2:
How's the weather in your part of the world Gray in February? Maybe I can make a detour to GA before I stop in TN. :)

April 23. Just around the corner.

TapaTalking while driving. I swear it's safe. Oh cra...

By season end some of the physical work i had been doing that is golf specific was just starting to pay off so I was having a good time exploring what I could do with the driver. I am not real sure what I am going to do when the new season begins. that said, depending on the course I am not likely to take driver on every par 4 or par 5. Probably leave it in the bag one out of every four par 4/ par 5 holes on average.

i've always been more of the i'd rather be in the rough or trees 100 out then back in the fairway hitting a mid iron into the green. this has helped and hurt over the years, but i am a rather consistent driver so i feel like i am going to hit most fairways. the 3 wood comes out when driver is impractical or too long (major dogleg, pond, ect.)

I used to hit driver on all par 4's and 5's, but now I usually hit 3w because I am only about 10-20yards shorter, but much more accurate with it. However, I have been playing golf alone and that has helped. When I am playing with the fellas my balls get in the way and everyone wants to hit the big stick.

The only time I don't use the driver is on a stupid dogleg that I would drive through or if I can get to 100 yds to the green with my 3 wood or of course on a par 3.

i friggin love my driver - next to my putter its my fav club! i could hit the 3w off the tee- but i really dont like hitting it off a tee- more comfortable hitting it off the deck when i need too. I should probably practice more with it - im sure its probably more acccurate - or maybe drivin with a mashie. I havent tried hitting a 3 iron forever. Maybe ill try n hit a 3 iron burner 2.0 at the outing - i know TC loves his - will have to add that to the to do, or "to-hit" list!

i friggin love my driver - next to my putter its my fav club! i could hit the 3w off the tee- but i really dont like hitting it off a tee- more comfortable hitting it off the deck when i need too. I should probably practice more with it - im sure its probably more acccurate - or maybe drivin with a mashie. I havent tried hitting a 3 iron forever. Maybe ill try n hit a 3 iron burner 2.0 at the outing - i know TC loves his - will have to add that to the to do, or "to-hit" list!

You'll love that 3i. I couldn't even hit my 4i in my old sets, but now I'm stroking the 3i with great consistency.

I have started leaving the driver in the bag more and more. Not because it's misbehaving, but I have started trying to play a little smarter rather than just longer.

I can leave mine in the bag on the front nine. The back nine I like to be able to use it on 4 holes there though. If I'm not "on" that day I won't use it at all though. No driving range where I play so I start with a 3 wd and if I'm hitting that well I'll ease into the driver. 3 wd gives me the carry I need to play conservatively.

Back