The Cape - TV Show

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How many people are going to watch the Cape? Its never really been my cup of tea from a story standpoint, yet I am intrigued by it for some reason.

NBC has, well, not been too good of late with offerings so I very much have my doubts about it. The concept is intriguing, but it will be hard to do. Look at the Terminator show FOX did a couple years ago. Basically the same type of deal. Decent concept, but very limited by the scale that TV shows can offer. Unless you drag the story out over several episodes, but then you run the risk of the story becoming stale. Just my $0.02 though. Long story short I don't think I'll be watching it.

My wife has it already scheduled on the DVR. So that means I'm watching it.

I'm going to give the show a shot mostly due to Summer Glau being in it. I thought she did an excellent job in Firefly/Serenity and in the Terminator series. The Cape will either be good or horrible but like most comic/sci-fi shows even if it's good it won't last long on a "major" network.

My wife just asked if I had seen the previews and wanted to check it out as it looks interesting .
I'll tune in to give it a chance , just got to find the date and time its on .

I missed it last night but might watch it on hulu if it's up.

I am pumped about this show. The commercials have made it look really entertaining

Set the DVR to it. Plus Vinnie Jones is in it as a bad guy so it can't be all that bad. :D

I'm going to give it a watch and see if I like it. The promos were good so I am going to tune in.

I'm watching it right now, mostly because there is nothing else on that I want to watch. I thought I'd give it a try....... 'Sorry, but it won't be on my 'must record' list!

Watched the 1st episode (hour) on demand last night. Very disappointed. It might make a good kids show but then they're playing it in a later time slot. Might watch the second episode (hour) on demand some time this week (don't know if I can make it through another one though).

I watched the first hour as it didnt hold my interest , turned it to the American Top Gear :D

saw it the first time around when it was called 'Batman'

I lost a little interest at 2 hours, but it had a few moments. An hour should be better. I like the guy with the lizard skin the midget whacked in the knee with the monkey wrench. He's been good in a bunch of movies.

I'll watch a few more and sees how it goes.

Kevin

Couldn't stay with it. Lost interest pretty quickly.

Going to watch and I'm hoping it's stopped before a conclusion can happen like The Event and Bionic Woman. I love it when networks suck me in and then leave me hanging.

Going to watch and I'm hoping it's stopped before a conclusion can happen like The Event and Bionic Woman. I love it when networks suck me in and then leave me hanging.

The Event hasn't been canceled. Eight episodes left. Comes back 2/28.

Kevin

The Event hasn't been canceled. Eight episodes left. Comes back 2/28.

Kevin

I've read both ways. Networks change their minds more than I change my tighty whities. So there is still hope it will be cancelled.

I've read both ways. Networks change their minds more than I change my tighty whities. So there is still hope it will be cancelled.

Oh, you want it canceled. It's not very good, but since I've watched it so far, I'll probably ride out the season. I don't see it becoming very popular and having a multi-year run.

Kevin

Oh, you want it canceled. It's not very good, but since I've watched it so far, I'll probably ride out the season. I don't see it becoming very popular and having a multi-year run.

Kevin
No, my post is overrun with sarcasm. I've invested watching the show, like I did with the others I've watched, only to have them cancelled before a resolution or conclusion to the story happened. Add The Heights to that list from the early 90's.

Maybe I'll just go back to hearing what everyone else likes or gets rave reviews, wait until it ends and then watch it from start to finish on DVD in a couple of weeks like I did with OZ and The Sopranos (Thanks Babbitts!).

No, my post is overrun with sarcasm. I've invested watching the show, like I did with the others I've watched, only to have them cancelled before a resolution or conclusion to the story happened. Add The Heights to that list from the early 90's.

Maybe I'll just go back to hearing what everyone else likes or gets rave reviews, wait until it ends and then watch it from start to finish on DVD in a couple of weeks like I did with OZ and The Sopranos (Thanks Babbitts!).

Oh, gotcha. It is a pain sometimes to keep up with stuff. I still need to watch the last four Lost episodes. I've been watching a bunch of older shows through the Wii on NetFlix. It's the cat's behind. I've recently watched all the Firefly and Arrested Development episodes, and have a few others on my list. I'd like to start watching Fringe, a show where I saw the first three or four, then missed a couple, and didn't want to start back up.

Kevin

Back