Paige Mackenzie Signs With Cleveland Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Paige Mackenzie has joined the Cleveland Golf staff as their newest member. Here are the details.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12042

JB, I appreciate all you do for this board, but this seems like you are slowly becoming a Cleveland marketing site.

I am not a big follower of the LPGA, but this does not seem like "big" news. I am sure there are dozens of other LPGA's with better notoriety that have chosen an equipment company

Take my comments with a smile. I am not trying to incite a riot or an exodus. It just seems "slightly fishy" in my opinion. There is no right/wrong on this. I just try to call em like I see em.

• Admin
JB, I appreciate all you do for this board, but this seems like you are slowly becoming a Cleveland marketing site.

I am not a big follower of the LPGA, but this does not seem like "big" news. I am sure there are dozens of other LPGA's with better notoriety that have chosen an equipment company

Take my comments with a smile. I am not trying to incite a riot or an exodus. It just seems "slightly fishy" in my opinion. There is no right/wrong on this. I just try to call em like I see em.

Almost ANY time a player makes a move we put it up. Please see the last 3 weeks.

Davis Love to Bridgestone
Jim Furyk LEAVING SRIXON to Taylormade
Charles Howell Signing with Mizuno
Camilo Villegas Signing with Taylormade
Callaway Signing Trevor
The list goes on and on

When we get word of news, we put it up. That is what the new Tour Spot is about and frankly I think more people enjoy the news than look at it as non-news. We have sponsors of different companies including Callaway, Taylormade, Bridgestone, Cleveland, and others. None of them WOULD EVER dictate what we put up and when, or they would not a be sponsor anymore. Is promoting the R11 driver biased as a hot new product? Or what about giving away 10 sets of Taylormade irons and letting consumers be the judge? Is that a secret Cleveland marketing trait? How about Ping winning our last driver shoot out, they are not a sponsor. THere is NO Bias and I know you say not to take it personally, but questioning our ethics as a news outlet makes me feel a little dirty and cheap and I would NEVER do such a thing.

This was put up because I thought that some might find it interesting as news. I also found it news because this is their first LPGA signing since the Erica Blasberg trajedy. Im truly sorry you feel that we are "fishy", but to say to take a question of my ethics with a smile, I find quite appalling.

Doesn't look that way to me. JB and GG updated us with everyone with new contract this year..... no matter the club company.

i'm with JD10 here, we get updates on all the movers and shakers. men/women/taylormade/scratch/bridgestone/cleveland/srixon/callaway. i just don't get what you are trying to say Andy. insinuation is a dangerous thing.

I don't believe you could be further from the truth in your assessment of the reasonings behind this post. THP has always been the first to report any and all tour related news and this fits right into that category. You say you mean nothing by your comments but please understand that we take comments like that very seriously around here because we have never and will never be biased toward or against any one company.

Not fishy at all.

Now I'll grant you I clicked on this thread while saying to myself, "Who the hell is Paige Mackenzie?", but whether she's 'newsworthy' or not is not the same thing as insinuating a bias by JB in posting this information. That's ridiculous. And if there were a bias on this site (there's not) it wouldn't be to Cleveland as they're by no means the most talked about OEM here.

You are way off here. THP reports all news and it's unbiased in it's reviews and reporting.

It's impossible to take this "with a smile" when you are questioning the very foundation of why the site was founded.

Keep up the great work THP. LPGA news doesn't exactly move me, but it's newsworthy, especially given the Cleveland/Blasberg/LPGA connection.

I remember her from the Women's US Open last year because she was wearing kind of a "flowy" skirt and she had, what appeared to be, a Scratch hat. Did she used to be under Scratch?

I remember her from the Women's US Open last year because she was wearing kind of a "flowy" skirt and she had, what appeared to be, a Scratch hat. Did she used to be under Scratch?

She did. If you check through our LPGA Tour Championship pictures from Grand Cypress from last month, there are quite a few pictures of her with the Scratch hat and staff bag.

I have heard people say that this site caters to TaylorMade, Nike, and now Cleveland. If a company is making big strides and is in the mind of the THP viewers, than that company will naturally be more noticeable because their threads blow up. From what I have seen, companies can make a very big splash here and they never ever have to pay a dime to do so. Srixon has seen a lot of coverage because they have released an A+ driver powered by an A+ shaft and also because they signed Graeme McD. TaylorMade has also made a huge impression by releasing a very unique driver as well as giving 15 sets of clubs to every day readers. I don't think that Cleveland also did this with the Mashie. How could they not be talked about a lot here?

This is not a flame and I understand what you were saying Andy, but if you look at everything, I would be more likely to say what you said about TM, but I can assure you that THP is not on the take. Many of us now know JB as a personal friend and have had behind the scenes conversations with him. JB is very transparent here on the internet and this is one of the reasons that THP has seen the tremendous growth it has seen.

Frankly you are but at least you're consistent with your thoughts. 42 mostly negative posts over 12 months time? Not exactly the most active forum member but even if you're just a part-time lurker you'd see that news from all the different tours spanning many different co's and many different players is either broken or reported here on THP. On a consistent basis no less

Questioning the ethics of those of us who help try to make THP what it is today is 'fishy' to me and smells of an agenda. Actually there is a right/wrong side to this and you are wrong. Like JB said, just in the past 3 weeks various stories have been broken spanning many different co's and players. Never mind that all of the reviews, shoot-outs, etc are all done in an upfront and honest manner. I for one have never been told by anyone what to write or what to say about a particular product, person, or co so while your comments weren't directed to me directly, they in part are directed to me as a THP Staff Member and I don't take those comments with a smile. I don't trust people that smile at me while punching me in the gut.

Your miles and miles from the truth here buddy, I came to and use this site because it is so unbiased, the club tests are hit by real golfers and give real feedback, any news is put up regardless of sponsor.
If you want biassed I suggest you go read the general golf press like golf digest.

Congrats on lowering the bar for trolls everywhere. Great stuff.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Just started reading this thread. I cant say anything that hasnt already been said. Some people like to say some things that just baffle me.

I hope we see Cleveland really start to gain momentum in all the tours. Underrated products imo to alot of the golfing world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started reading this thread. I cant say anything that hasnt already been said. Some people like to say some things that just baffle me.

I hope we see Cleveland really start to gain momentum in all the tours. Underrated products imo to alot of the golfing world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Keep up the awesome work THP!!

Almost ANY time a player makes a move we put it up. Please see the last 3 weeks.

Davis Love to Bridgestone
Jim Furyk LEAVING SRIXON to Taylormade
Charles Howell Signing with Mizuno
Camilo Villegas Signing with Taylormade
Callaway Signing Trevor
The list goes on and on

When we get word of news, we put it up. That is what the new Tour Spot is about and frankly I think more people enjoy the news than look at it as non-news. We have sponsors of different companies including Callaway, Taylormade, Bridgestone, Cleveland, and others. None of them WOULD EVER dictate what we put up and when, or they would not a be sponsor anymore. Is promoting the R11 driver biased as a hot new product? Or what about giving away 10 sets of Taylormade irons and letting consumers be the judge? Is that a secret Cleveland marketing trait? How about Ping winning our last driver shoot out, they are not a sponsor. THere is NO Bias and I know you say not to take it personally, but questioning our ethics as a news outlet makes me feel a little dirty and cheap and I would NEVER do such a thing.

This was put up because I thought that some might find it interesting as news. I also found it news because this is their first LPGA signing since the Erica Blasberg trajedy. Im truly sorry you feel that we are "fishy", but to say to take a question of my ethics with a smile, I find quite appalling.

Thanks for the straight forward response. I trust your word.

Disappointed in the onslaught of other responses, but I caused this onto myself with my choice of words. I am a conspiracy theorist at heart and only wanted to raise my concern, because not many sites even covered this (but a few did) news item.

I did not want to detract from this thread which is about a young golfer trying for a change in equipment to help her career.

Thanks for the straight forward response. I trust your word.

Disappointed in the onslaught of other responses, but I caused this onto myself with my choice of words. I am a conspiracy theorist at heart and only wanted to raise my concern, because not many sites even covered this (but a few did) news item.

I did not want to detract from this thread which is about a young golfer trying for a change in equipment to help her career.

I am probably beating a dead horse here but why would you feel the need to create a conspiracy theory just because we report on all news rather than just the headliners? Is it that hard to believe that we are that passionate about golf and making sure that the consumers have all the latest information of what's going on in the golf world that we would post such a story?

We posted that Brian Gay re-signed with Bettinardi and John Daly signed with them. Would that make us Bettinardi advertisers too? We reported that Ricky Barnes signed a deal with TaylorMade just for a driver. Not many other places reported on that because it's just one club. But we reported on it because it's news. That's what we do here. I try not to respond to comments like yours but when it comes to the integrity of this site, my site, I feel it's necessary.

The fact that no other sites carried this but THP did really sums this place up in my opinion. For you to come to the conclusion that this site is catering to Cleveland shows that your doing very little reading my friend! Perhaps you should do a little more "study" and a little less "theory"!

its a shame this thread turned into what it is
congrats to paige and i hope cleveland is a great sponsor for her

THP always mentions when a golfer makes a move to a new company, or one of the members does when he or she may beat JB to the punch, which isn't often.

By the way you might be surprised at how many of us know who Paige is. :)

Andy804

I won't rip on you for expressing your concerns, enough have already set you straight on your thoughts.

But I must say thanks to JB and GolfGal for running a site that covers all things related to golf in such and fair and unbiased manner. I'm fairly new around here and have to say I come here almost exclusively now because of all the news that is posted about the various tours and all equipment OEMs not just a few superstar players or just the big companies. It is truly refreshing when compared to some of the other popular golf sites on the web. Thanks to both of you for the great job you do while putting up with a lot of grief that most certainly comes with the success of running a large and popular website.

She did. If you check through our LPGA Tour Championship pictures from Grand Cypress from last month, there are quite a few pictures of her with the Scratch hat and staff bag.

Was she also with Nike? I saw her last winter at the Nike Oven hitting balls and then she came over to the next door practice facility putting green (it was winter, there green was getting some work done) and worked with a couple Nike club guys on some putters. But, I don't know if she was trying to figure what she liked/didn't like before signing with them. Or, if she was just tinkering with the new stuff.

Also,
Andy's post is so far off base, it's unreal. Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory would say this guy is nuts.

She played Nike early on and then switched to Scratch when contract ran out.

No need to address what this thread turned into, we've already gone round and round on that in this thread unfortunately. I know how I feel about the site and I know why I'll keep coming back.

Good luck to Paige. I hope playing Cleveland clubs ignites her career. I love my Cleveland clubs.

Back