Nike VR Pro Cavity Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those that have signed up for the THP Digital Newsletter (free), got a sneak peek at these new irons coming out from Nike Golf in the Spring. We wanted to give you some more pictures so that you could see what the buzz is all about.

If you have not signed up for our new newsletter, you can do so here.
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?page_id=11819

Full specs of the irons coming up on the home page in the next couple of days and you will not want to miss that. Lots of early buzz on this set and in my limited experience with them so far, I have to say it is worthy.

1149519664_mgiKi-L-1.jpg

1149520075_Y3AkG-L-1.jpg

1149519279_kcjFw-L-1.jpg

1149520289_f6V9k-L-1.jpg

1149520559_ixdMC-L-1.jpg

1149519857_xH8Rn-L-1.jpg

I think these are maybe the best looking CB irons I've ever seen, that top line is a tad on the bulky side but nothing that should take away from how gorgeous these are! I can't wait to hit them!

• Admin
I think these are maybe the best looking CB irons I've ever seen, that top line is a tad on the bulky side but nothing that should take away from how gorgeous these are! I can't wait to hit them!

Close up picture I believe. They are really in line with most of the top GI irons right now in thickness in my opinion.

i think it's a sharp looking iron. clearly the topline is too thick for young thainer. he's a serious golfer when it comes to his nike equipment.

have these seen some range time yet?

Close up picture I believe. They are really in line with most of the top GI irons right now in thickness in my opinion.

can't you get the specs on the width of the topline? it would be interesting to compare that thickness to some other irons in the same category.

I dont like the cavity actually lol. I like simple looking irons. Theyre too flashy for my eye, but clearly im in the minority.
i think it's a sharp looking iron. clearly the topline is too thick for young thainer. he's a serious golfer when it comes to his nike equipment.

have these seen some range time yet?

can't you get the specs on the width of the topline? it would be interesting to compare that thickness to some other irons in the same category.

I will take some side by side pictures right now with other irons.

I dont like the cavity actually lol. I like simple looking irons. Theyre too flashy for my eye, but clearly im in the majority.

I believe you mean minority.

Love, love, love these irons. The looks are great. The picture of the face is awesome too. Not gonna lie. I want these irons. Lol if you need help testing hahahaha. Really cant wait to hear how these perform and feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, here are a couple of pictures of the topline with the irons side by side other irons.

1160690129_j8x9b-L.jpg

And here it is side by side the Mizuno JPX-800 iron. I think it looks slightly smaller in club head size and a tiny bit thinner as well.

1160690454_bHT9W-L.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the looks the first time I saw these, but I have to say they have really grown on me. I'm reallt anxious to try these out. I'm a big fan of the VR Cavity irons, and these could be a worthy replacement. If you want someone to compare these with the last generation VR Full Cavities, I'm your man!! Looking forward to more on these!!

I like the looks of these and i normally like a cleaner look.

I dont like the cavity actually lol. I like simple looking irons. Theyre too flashy for my eye, but clearly im in the majority.

yeah, they aren't that busy to me. when do they bother you, when they're in the bag? i'm genuinely curious here.

thanks for those pics JB. i can't even tell which iron is which.

Thank you for the comparison shots JB. In your first post the face view really caught my attention. Thedesign seems compact to me. I really dig the finish.

I just am not a fan of the looks. Im sure they perform well and all, the style just isnt something that fits my eye. Its not the topline or the offset, but the overall looks of the cavity.
yeah, they aren't that busy to me. when do they bother you, when they're in the bag? i'm genuinely curious here.

They dont bother me, its just 'meh' on the looks IMO

Thank you for the comparison shots JB. In your first post the face view really caught my attention. Thedesign seems compact to me. I really dig the finish.

They are definitely a lot shinier than the previous generation. I think I like it though.

I just am not a fan of the looks. Im sure they perform well and all, the style just isnt something that fits my eye. Its not the topline or the offset, but the overall looks of the cavity.

They dont bother me, its just 'meh' on the looks IMO

fair enough young ginger fluffer. i am not too fond of the cavity on the JPX 800's but i sure do like hitting them. i hope to be able to have a crack with these babies in florida.

As do I. Like I said before, if something just flatout performs then the looks become a lot more appealing.
fair enough young ginger fluffer. i am not too fond of the cavity on the JPX 800's but i sure do like hitting them. i hope to be able to have a crack with these babies in florida.

These look pretty sweet to me. Nike has some nice looking iron's and to be honest I've not tried them. Guess it's time.

I like the looks from the address, not too crazy about the graphics in the cavity.

I like the look of these and look forward to possibly hitting them in may.

Back