Find your perfect driver! (according to a robot)

TwoSolitudes

Swingin' for the fences
Reaction score
http://uintagolf.com/onlinefitter.html

Pretty neat. Put in all your stats (including where on the face you hit the club, how your shots start, height, hand size ect etc) and it selects the best driver for you from all the major brands.

It chose the Adams G4 driver at 10* for me. Never even heard of that one. They have a test section where they have done all the drivers with a robot and judged them by distance and accuracy AND they declare the winner in each catagory! So already its better than Golf Digest.

Of course robots are not people, which is why I prefer the THP tests- but this is still pretty interesting.

It picked the TM Superfast TP for me 8.5* and S shaft. That is when I picked no favorite vendors, when I select Nike (like my current driver), it still doesn't change lol! I liked the SF when I tested it, I just found I couldn't control it as well. Maybe the SF2.0 will be better ;)

Pretty neat. Put in all your stats (including where on the face you hit the club, how your shots start, height, hand size ect etc) and it selects the best driver for you from all the major brands.

It chose the Adams G4 driver at 10* for me. Never even heard of that one. They have a test section where they have done all the drivers with a robot and judged them by distance and accuracy AND they declare the winner in each catagory! So already its better than Golf Digest.

Of course robots are not people, which is why I prefer the THP tests- but this is still pretty interesting.

I even tried to google it and still cannot figure that one out. I also am not a fan of anybody having to put in their own stats to be fitted. Because I believe about 90% over estimate certain stats (I dont mean on purpose or driving distance). I mean that they genuinely do not know or are misinformed.

Adams Speedline G4 Ultra-Lite ??

Neat but I only want a driver that works for me not a robot. The robot can repeat the same swing over and over while most of us can't. I would never buy something because of what the robot does. JMO of course.

I agree that I wouldn't put too much on this, but it's still an interesting thing to look at!

Just did this is was cool. It fit me to a Titleist 909D3 driver 10.5* Aldila Voodoo stiff flex

All recommendations are above 11* for me, including a 12* G10 paired with an Aldila Serrano. Weird.

Recommended the Callaway Diablo Octane Tour, 9.5*, S flex stock shaft. Interesting.

This 'estimated swing speed' thing is a load of BS. I know how far I hit my driver, and I know my swing speed is NOT 113.

Stock Stiff Ping K15 12* this time.

This is dumb. I have a medium-high spin already, I dont need more spin

I know what my perfect driver is. I bought it after I went and got fit.

interesting and cool set up. My recommendation was the Diablo Octane R flex 9.5 which I already know that the shaft is too whippy for me. gives some good food for thought though.

very interesting. Told me I should be looking at the Cobra ZL, Titleist 909D3, and Taylormade Supertri(which is what I play now)

It recommended the 09 Burner for me. I have never owned that club, but have always heard great reviews about it.

Titleist 909D2, Diamana Blue S 10,5
Nike Machspeed Str8fit, stock S, 10,5
TM Burner 09, REAX Superfast 49 S, 9,5

based on
273 yards/109mph
high launch/medium spin
left -> straight
center with some toe

It recommended the 09 Burner for me. I have never owned that club, but have always heard great reviews about it.

Same here...............also said my SS is 98 and I know that is too low for my driver. Should be around 105-109 as per my last fitting.

Adams Speedline G4 Ultra-Lite ??

I even tried to google it and still cannot figure that one out. I also am not a fan of anybody having to put in their own stats to be fitted. Because I believe about 90% over estimate certain stats (I dont mean on purpose or driving distance). I mean that they genuinely do not know or are misinformed.

http://adamsgolf.com/products/drivers/speedline_4g.php
speedline_4g_driver_banner.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool.

Recommended me:

TM R9 Supertri 11.5* with the exact shaft im playing now (happy about that) the loft might be a little off, but overall thought it was good.

Two things. First, interestingly enough, it fitted me for the TM Supertri... which happens to be my current driver. But it recommended the stock stiff shaft.

Second, however, after I did my initial personal stats, I changed it up a bit to see the differences. I increased my driver distance to an astonishing 350+ yards and the 6-iron to 250+ yards. It recommended the same driver and the same stock stiff shaft. Coinicidence??? I think not. A flashing link brought me to the webpage where I could purchase my recommended driver. Conveniently, the only shaft models available were stock regular and stock stiff. My guess is that it only spits out recommendations based on their inventory.

A flashing link brought me to the webpage where I could purchase my recommended driver. Conveniently, the only shaft models available were stock regular and stock stiff. My guess is that it only spits out recommendations based on their inventory.

It makes sense but also brings the lulz.

Recommended a Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 8.5* stiff shaft. lol. Interesting. I might do it again and see if it changes any. Not sure why it wants me to hit a 8.5* head.

because you're a serious golfer dude!
Recommended a Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 8.5* stiff shaft. lol. Interesting. I might do it again and see if it changes any. Not sure why it wants me to hit a 8.5* head.

Cobra ZL 8.5 stock stiff lol. Also a Supertri at 9.5... I was seriously curious. Interesting stuff indeed!

Cobra ZL 8.5 stock stiff lol. Also a Supertri at 9.5... I was seriously curious. Interesting stuff indeed!

what loft do you currently game?

Okay, now this one I am really curious about it. I have played golf with you. I would have NEVER picked those two together and certainly not those two lofts.

Back