Status
Not open for further replies.
TC, that's bizarre (in a good way). I took one look and saw both Husky and Pit immediately - usually one breed dominates, but he looks like both. Cute too!

Thanks man. Yeah, he gets a fair amount of attention when we take him out and about. The funny thing is, we're cat sitting for a relative right now and you should see the amount of fear that cat can instill in our mighty pit/husky. He's such a big baby!

Here's Cooper, our black lab/golden retriever mix we got a year ago from the humane society. He's about 1.5 years old now and is just starting to act a little less like a puppy.
229634415.jpg

Thanks man. Yeah, he gets a fair amount of attention when we take him out and about. The funny thing is, we're cat sitting for a relative right now and you should see the amount of fear that cat can instill in our mighty pit/husky. He's such a big baby!

I believe that. Cats are so full of themselves! Speaking of that, here's the wife's Persian - Oscar. Little bugger thinks he runs the place. First pic is from when we rescued him and he had to be shaved nearly bald to get all the mats out of his fur. Second is now that he's back to "normal"... (sorry I don't know how to make them bigger - attaching pics here is such a pain!)

View attachment 1960

View attachment 1959

My Terrier Dixie. Rescue from a local shelter. We have had her 5 months and she brings a whole new aspect to the term "Family"

dixie2a.jpg

Dixie2.jpg

Here's our little Oreo, lol. Cat's have always been a big no no with me, just had no use for them. But, he came along as a package deal with Liz, haha, and I've grown to love this spoiled brat a lot. He has to be the most loving animal I've ever had. He want's to cuddle in my lap almost non-stop, or wrestle. He's had his front claws removed to save on the furniture, but he still try's clawing at stuff like he's trying to sharpen them.

Here he is being a blob with dad:
IMG00079.jpg

ImportedPhotos00100.jpg

Then we caught him watching the Westminster dog show, lol:
ImportedPhotos00128.jpg

ImportedPhotos00129.jpg

Lastly is my old buddy Bill who's been gone a couple years now. I've hunted behind some of the greatest bird dogs in the world, world class master award winners, yet Bill was simply the best. I was offered many thousands of dollars for this ol boy when he was younger and just never could do without him. RIP Bill!
WetBill.jpg

batch11263.jpg

This is our cat "Luna" sleeping next to my son when he was a baby. We found her in Colorado as a little kitten trying to fight off three big dogs in the middle of the night, we found out it was the neighbours cat and when we tried to take it back to them she just said it was her daughters kitten who ran away with her boyfriend and she hates the thing. We gladly took her of the ladies hands and brought her back across the border to Canada. We were worried they were going to stop us but then on our way home to Canada staying in hotel in Boise Idaho, 9/11 happened and when we got to the border they had more important things to worry about than a couple with a kitten. She is the greatest cat I have ever had.

Great story and great picture CB. looks like everyone came out on that deal.

Bonnie - rescued from the golf course after she had 4 kittens under the clubhouse. I was able to get all 4 kittens adopted out.

Clyde - Rescued from the golf course with Bonnie. I think he may be her kitten from a previous litter. He was feral - had to trap him and cage him for 3 weeks before letting him loose at my house. Now he is very tame but won't live inside. The vet had to anesthesize him through the cage in order to get him out and neuter him. He was a WILD kitty but I had him tamed enough he would let me pet him at his bowl but he would spit fire at everyone else.

Buster - Rescued from the golf course a year after Bonnie and Clyde. He is AWESOME! My little man who has stolen my heart. I took this pic of him right before he crashed to the floor. He always sleeps in the weirdest positions.

Molly - my one and only cat for 11 years until the others came along. She isn't happy about them but she deals with it. She's got a cat attitude for sure.

Missy - I lost her this year. She was the best dog I have ever owned. Absolute joy. I rescued her as a puppy from the Animal Rescue Foundation and she lived 13 wonderful years.

No more animals for us for a LONG time!!!!!! We have our hands full with 4 cats right now. Would love to have a dog again one day but it's not going to be anytime soon.

Bonnie - rescued from the golf course after she had 4 kittens under the clubhouse. I was able to get all 4 kittens adopted out.

Clyde - Rescued from the golf course with Bonnie. I think he may be her kitten from a previous litter. He was feral - had to trap him and cage him for 3 weeks before letting him loose at my house. Now he is very tame but won't live inside.

Buster - Rescued from the golf course a year after Bonnie and Clyde. He is AWESOME! My little man who has stolen my heart. I took this pic of him right before he crashed to the floor. He always sleeps in the weirdest positions.

Molly - my one and only cat for 11 years until the others came along. She isn't happy about them but she deals with it. She's got a cat attitude for sure.

Missy - I lost her this year but she was the best dog I have ever owned. Absolute joy. I rescued her as a puppy from the Animal Rescue Foundation and she lived 13 wonderful years.

No more animals for us for a LONG time!!!!!! We have our hands full with 4 cats right now. Would love to have a dog again one day but it's not going to be anytime soon.

Beautiful Animals Kelly, thats a lot of cats though.

Beautiful Animals Kelly, thats a lot of cats though.

I agree!!!!! We've had about 15 cats show up or be born at our golf course in two years or so. I won't be bringing anymore home with me!!! I'm definitely a softie when it comes to animals but I'm not going to be the crazy cat lady so no more for me.

Currently pet-less, but here was my cat Shadow who passed this August. Took her in from my parents' house- she didn't care for being around other cats, but once she was an only child, she was the best cat ever...never clawed, never climbed all over furniture, and was very tolerant of loud kids. Been thinking about getting another cat for a while now, but she's going to be a tough act to follow.

View attachment 1961

batch11263.jpg

This is our cat "Luna" sleeping next to my son when he was a baby. We found her in Colorado as a little kitten trying to fight off three big dogs in the middle of the night, we found out it was the neighbours cat and when we tried to take it back to them she just said it was her daughters kitten who ran away with her boyfriend and she hates the thing. We gladly took her of the ladies hands and brought her back across the border to Canada. We were worried they were going to stop us but then on our way home to Canada staying in hotel in Boise Idaho, 9/11 happened and when we got to the border they had more important things to worry about than a couple with a kitten. She is the greatest cat I have ever had.

That's a good looking cat CB... but then again I might be a little biased... :D

PicsforJason024.jpg

My stuffed cat... (not really)

PicsforJason015.jpg

and my two mutts.

This is Tucker my 2yr old puggle. This is from a few weeks ago when we got 15 inches of snow.

Ya they are almost matching.

I love see the ones that have been rescued from someplace. Too bad we can't give them all the life they deserve. Our cat, Sassy was rescued by us from a shelter five years ago. Great cat. We feel lucky to have found her. Filled the void after our black cat (Blacky) passed away in the winter of 2005 after 15 years with us

View attachment 1963

This one was a tough one. This was Rudy a Rat Terrier. We got him when he was 2 months old. I brought him home in my jacket pocket. He was very smart and went everywhere with me. Golfing, fishing/boating and a ride just about every evening. When he was around 5, he started loosing weight so we took him to the vet and discovered that he was diabetic like me.

I had to give him 25 units of insulin twice a day in the back of the neck with a needle. I used a new needle each time to make it as pain free as possible and he adjusted pretty quickly to it. I use to just tell him it was time for his shot and he would come to the kitchen because he also got food right after.

He lived very well for another 5 years but his eye sight was the first thing to go and at age 10 he was nearly blind but still got around home ok. I knew for a long time then that the day was going to come where we would have to make a decision on how long we would keep him. The vet always felt that as long as his health was good life for him was good.

At this time of year in 04 my wife woke me up at 4:30am on a Sunday morning as she had found him unable to stand up. We called our vet and took him right away and he said he had suffered a stroke. Brings tears to my eyes to write this even after 6 years but we had to let him go. One of the worse days of my life. We wanted him buried at home and it was mid January and 8 degrees outside. None the less I got the job done and we are happy have him near. I talk to him everytime I mow the yard.

View attachment 1964

This one was a tough one. This was Rudy a Rat Terrier. We got him when he was 2 months old. I brought him home in my jacket pocket. He was very smart and went everywhere with me. Golfing, fishing/boating and a ride just about every evening. When he was around 5, he started loosing weight so we took him to the vet and discovered that he was diabetic like me.

I had to give him 25 units of insulin twice a day in the back of the neck with a needle. I used a new needle each time to make it as pain free as possible and he adjusted pretty quickly to it. I use to just tell him it was time for his shot and he would come to the kitchen because he also got food right after.

He lived very well for another 5 years but his eye sight was the first thing to go and at age 10 he was nearly blind but still got around home ok. I knew for a long time then that the day was going to come where we would have to make a decision on how long we would keep him. The vet always felt that as long as his health was good life for him was good.

At this time of year in 04 my wife woke me up at 4:30am on a Sunday morning as she had found him unable to stand up. We called our vet and took him right away and he said he had suffered a stroke. Brings tears to my eyes to write this even after 6 years but we had to let him go. One of the worse days of my life. We wanted him buried at home and it was mid January and 8 degrees outside. None the less I got the job done and we are happy have him near. I talk to him everytime I mow the yard.
]

Thats a great story, sad but thank you for sharing it. It's amazing how pets can touch our hearts in such a special way.

That was very good story, and as cb said, thanks for sharing. We still miss Bandit a lot, as we are coming up on year without him.

Here is Bubba.

bubba1.jpg

Thanks for sharing Rudy's story Hoosier, these special friends are more than just pet's to most of us.

Thanks everyone. Hard to believe how we get so attached to our pets, especially the special ones. You just have to accept the fact when you get a new one that the day will come when you have to let them go. Those are the tough days.

Thanks everyone. Hard to believe how we get so attached to our pets, especially the special ones. You just have to accept the fact when you get a new one that the day will come when you have to let them go. Those are the tough days.

Thats a great point and one I try to point out to Liz a lot about the cat she's had for over 9 years now. Taking Bill to the vet knowing he would not be coming home was extremely hard to do, but was inevitable at some time in our lifetimes. I've not brought a new pubby home yet and may not, at least for some time. He was not even an inside dog, unless the temps dropped incredibly low. I can remember seeing him outside laying in the snow in temps well below zero when he had the house of all houses.

My brother built his house originally and I added room's, haha. This thing had double walls with insulation all the way around and in the floor, while the floor was built up off the concrete. The door was on the far left and I added a divider towards that side with a door in it towards the back creating a sort of hall way going in and once through the back door he was in the main room that I added straw to keep him warm, lol. Many times it was way too warm. The roof comes off and on to add or take out the straw.

I could tell a thousand stories of the things he's done, but will just say he was one of one and very special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back