Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

The ball deal is the standard deal they have with their players for the ball. The shoe deal is separate is well. The club deal appears to be a 12 club deal (as we reported originally) meaning he can continue to use his putter.

So what's the 14th club that's non TM then?

Official TM Press release on the matter.

PGA Tour professional Camilo Villegas, currently No. 25 in the World Golf Rankings, will join the TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff in 2011.

Villegas, 28, will play TaylorMade® clubs, a TaylorMade ball, wear TaylorMade headwear, wear a TaylorMade glove, use a TaylorMade staff bag and wear adidas Golf footwear More details on the relationship between Villegas and TMaG will be revealed on September 9.

“Camilo is a winner, a gentleman, and a fan favorite," said Mark King, president and CEO of TaylorMade-adidas Golf. “Cameras tend to find him because he has presence and magnetism that's impressive and rare. Camilo also shares the same values with our brand and our people, including a burning desire to improve and reach his potential. We very much want to help him do that, which is why we believe this is a great fit."

Villegas' charisma and aggressive style of play made him an instant sensation on the PGA Tour. He is well known to golf fans for his efficient swing and seemingly effortless power, as well as his signature "Spiderman crouch” when he reads putts, which prompted fans from his home town to nickname him "Hombre Arana." His popularity has also attracted plenty of attention off the golf course, where he has been featured in GQ Magazine and named one of People Magazine’s “hottest bachelors” in 2006.

A native of Medellin, Colombia who now resides in West Palm Beach, Fla., Villegas notched two runner-up finishes and a total of four top-tens in 2006, his rookie year. His breakthrough triumph came at the 2008 BMW Championship, where he became the first Colombian to win on the PGA Tour; he also captured the TOUR Championship later that year. His most recent victory was the 2010 Honda Classic. He has also won twice internationally: the 2001 Columbian Open and the 2007 Coca-Cola Tokai Classic.

Villegas, 28, will play TaylorMade® clubs, a TaylorMade ball, wear TaylorMade headwear, wear a TaylorMade glove, use a TaylorMade staff bag and wear adidas Golf footwear More details on the relationship between Villegas and TMaG will be revealed on September 9.
awesome for TM... :)

so he's keeping the JL clothing line then?

check out TM's facebook page and the ridiculous comments that people are making about this. i wanted to say something about THP breaking the story but didn't know if it would be appropriate or not.

FYI-just saw some spy pics of Camilo at the range and he was using TM XFT wedges, SC putter and Cobra Pro CB irons. JL clothing of course.

FYI-just saw some spy pics of Camilo at the range and he was using TM XFT wedges, SC putter and Cobra Pro CB irons. JL clothing of course.

He is still under contract with Cobra for certain clubs until the end of the year.

Official TM Press release on the matter.

PGA Tour professional Camilo Villegas, currently No. 25 in the World Golf Rankings, will join the TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff in 2011......

....A native of Medellin, Colombia who now resides in West Palm Beach, Fla., Villegas notched two runner-up finishes and a total of four top-tens in 2006, his rookie year. His breakthrough triumph came at the 2008 BMW Championship, where he became the first Colombian to win on the PGA Tour; he also captured the TOUR Championship later that year. His most recent victory was the 2010 Honda Classic. He has also won twice internationally: the 2001 Columbian Open and the 2007 Coca-Cola Tokai Classic.

Hey JB/GG,
Give him a call and have him drop by the outing next month. It's an off week for the Tour so he should be around the house working on the Honey-Do list. :D

Sorry if I was unclear. It was my attempt at being pithy and concise (not my strong suit!). I was trying to exhibit that he was already using the TM wedges and had started the transition, not say that he wasn't switching. He is def switching, much to my chagrin. I like Cobra and hope they land a good replacement.

I am interested to see how he likes the Penta, with all the great feedback this ball is getting from consumers and tour players it will be interesting to see how he likes it.

Sorry if I was unclear. It was my attempt at being pithy and concise (not my strong suit!). I was trying to exhibit that he was already using the TM wedges and had started the transition, not say that he wasn't switching. He is def switching, much to my chagrin. I like Cobra and hope they land a good replacement.

Hey All4 - Are you coming to the THP outing dude? Maybe you can meet Villegas down there (if he pops in ) or maybe it's too late to sign up???

I am interested to see how he likes the Penta, with all the great feedback this ball is getting from consumers and tour players it will be interesting to see how he likes it.

I think that is what I am looking forward to hearing about myself more than any other.

I think that is what I am looking forward to hearing about myself more than any other.

i honestly can't see how he won't absolutely love the penta compared to the pro v. it may have been last months (or month before) golf magazine that had Dustin Johnson featured in the WITB section and he raved about the penta. TM hit a homerun with that ball and i definitely think CV puts it in his bag next year.

I would love to see CV bag a penta and then rave about it. That would be sweet!

especially since he is in the Titleist ball commercial talking about how great the ProV1 is, i think he will like the penta and the rest of the TM gear plus it gives him the ability to kinda refresh himself and with Sergio Taking time off i think TM could have a hugely potent 1,2 punch the beginning of next year

Camillio Villegas and Taylormade

Camillio Villegas and Taylormade

I know its old news that Camillo signed to Taylormade Golf but i wanted to talk about his decision and Taylormade Golf as a company. To start im going to reflect on my experience with their products. When i first started to play golf i only played Callaway. I owned the Diablo driver, woods, and irons. Dont get me wrong here Callaway is a great company but the more i started to do research and try different clubs i have had better results with Taylormade clubs. (Just my opinion) I first started to notice that i was getting alot more distance with Taylormade. I love my Burner driver, wood, and hybrid clubs. They just feel better and fit my game. The only reason why i dont play Taylormade irons is because i love my Ping i15s. I also think that Taylormade Golf is a trendy company with technology that is up to date but not too crazy. I also like that Adidas owns them because the clothing is really nice. Therefore I think that this company is a perfect fit for Camillo. He is young and athletic so he fits right in with Dustin Johnson, Martin Kaymer, Jason Day ...etc
Kudos to Taylormade Golf!

What do you think?

I know its old news that Camillo signed to Taylormade Golf but i wanted to talk about his decision and Taylormade Golf as a company. To start im going to reflect on my experience with their products. When i first started to play golf i only played Callaway. I owned the Diablo driver, woods, and irons. Dont get me wrong here Callaway is a great company but the more i started to do research and try different clubs i have had better results with Taylormade clubs. (Just my opinion) I first started to notice that i was getting alot more distance with Taylormade. I love my Burner driver, wood, and hybrid clubs. They just feel better and fit my game. The only reason why i dont play Taylormade irons is because i love my Ping i15s. I also think that Taylormade Golf is a trendy company with technology that is up to date but not too crazy. I also like that Adidas owns them because the clothing is really nice. Therefore I think that this company is a perfect fit for Camillo. He is young and athletic so he fits right in with Dustin Johnson, Martin Kaymer, Jason Day ...etc

What do you think?

I think I'm going to kick his arse as he was my pick for Fantasy golf the last couple of tournaments and he flat out had a train wreck. Some had mentioned, that he was going to take off and win multiple tournaments with the TM sticks. That may yet happen, however the way he is playing now, he's costing me some fantasy bucks. No more Camilo for me :angry:.....

I think I'm going to kick his arse as he was my pick for Fantasy golf the last couple of tournaments and he flat out had a train wreck. Some had mentioned, that he was going to take off and win multiple tournaments with the TM sticks. That may yet happen, however the way he is playing now, he's costing me some fantasy bucks. No more Camilo for me :angry:.....
I wondered what his problem was. He was kinda cold last year too though. I hope he plays well this year because I think a lot of guys are gonna get left in the dust.

What do you think?

merged this with the other thread where THP broke this story.

Let me ask you this Pete. If a couple of the players that you just mentioned were to leave at the end of 2011 would you still feel the same way about TM? I mean they are known as the up and coming tour staff right now, but lets say for arguments sake DJ and Jason Day walk at the end of 2011. Do they then become Camilo and a bunch of mid carders?

I think its great that you love their stuff (heck I love quite a few pieces myself), I also believe Camilo made the right decision in his move, but there is more to it in the end than just the equipment (in my opinion)

I really wish this lawsuit between the companies would be over. As the first media outlet to report this story, as you can imagine, it has not been a fun time over the last few weeks.

Ok, what'd I miss? The last post before JB's here was Feb. 4th.......

Uh oh...THP depositions?

Back