Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

Very good reviews guys, im excited to try this ball, if it spins as much as other tour balls ill be happy

I'm hoping it does well for you too! You will love it. I've played a lot of the same balls in your sig and the RX just works better for me. Obviously a lot will depend on your game but this one definitely deserves a shot.

Today, I got mean.

Durability testing, folks. I pulled out my 56, and started swinging.

Hard.

I ran them into trees, gravel, concrete, hit them with dirty, sandy grooves, hit them with clean, sharp grooves, and just generally did things to them that should have been banned by the Geneva Convention. The results? Good.

Very good.

I will not lie, there was some scuffing and discoloration. However, there were no nicks, cuts, or any thing that would change the performance of the ball.

Tomorrow, after school, I will try to take these to the range and hit full shots.

Hope you feel better now Aggro!:giggle: Good job!

Today, I got mean.

Durability testing, folks. I pulled out my 56, and started swinging.

Hard.

I ran them into trees, gravel, concrete, hit them with dirty, sandy grooves, hit them with clean, sharp grooves, and just generally did things to them that should have been banned by the Geneva Convention. The results? Good.

Very good.

I will not lie, there was some scuffing and discoloration. However, there were no nicks, cuts, or any thing that would change the performance of the ball.

Tomorrow, after school, I will try to take these to the range and hit full shots.

Sorry I haven't put up a review yet but I still don't have mine.

Sorry I haven't put up a review yet but I still don't have mine.

CL,
If they are not there by tomorrow, send GG a PM and she will get more out to you.

I had the chance to take the yellow B330-RX balls out for a test drive today with SW FLA and biggsy.

Current Ball: I'm currently playing the B330-S and I'm right on the border of swing speed for the S versus the RX or RXS so I was excited to try a new ball.

First Impressions - Appearance: My first impression of the appearance of this ball is that it is BRIGHT! It's not just another yellow ball...this is a bright yellow ball. While it is bright, I didn't find it easier to see than other colored balls or even the white balls that I ordinarily use. It was a bit of an overcast day today and I didn't notice a considerable difference between the visibility of this ball and the other balls used in our group at about 200 yards from the tee. It is probably slightly easier to find when you're searching for your ball, but not so much so that I'd choose to use this over a white ball at this point. More to come on this point.

First Impressions - Performance: I have to admit that I was presently surprised by the performance of this ball. I thought that it might feel 'soft' compared to the B-330S but I didn't really find that to be the case. It was just as long and provided nearly the same amount of spin as my current ball. It feels great around the green and comes off the putter smoothly. Obviously more testing will be required to fully feel out the performance of this ball, but it has peaked my interest enough that I'm really going to give serious consideration to putting the B330-RX or maybe the B-330RXS in play.

Conclusion (Testing to be continued...): So far so good. I've come to expect great things from Bridgestone balls, and this ball does not disappoint. Can't wait to keep putting it to the test.

Great review AHA

First off, I would just like to thank JB, GolferGal, THP, and Bridgestone for the opportunity! The work that JB and GolferGal put into this website for us to enjoy our community of “Hacker’s” is amazing. I know I can’t thank you all enough! I received the balls last night, and left on my business trip and got in a round today!

I went through the online ball fitting with Bridgestone and I was fit with the B330RX. In August of last year, I went to a local personal fitting that Bridgestone provided, and what do you know, I was fit with the B330RX again! I got a couple of complimentary balls, and didn’t have much time to play with them. I ended up giving them to my brother, and to say the least, he was thrilled! Now, I just wish I would have kept those balls and switched then!

My honest driver swing speed is in the mid-high 90’s, and just as advertised, this ball does great for me. Everyone is different, but if you game like me, this ball is the complete a package. Period. I have tried a bunch of other balls in the past couple of years. I like the distance of the e5 and 6, but I just couldn’t get a feel for them. I tried the ProV1x, and it was shorter off the tee than my usual ball (Prov1). I also played the TM Penta for a short period, and I went through a new ball every four or so holes because of the scuffing!

Feel: This is how a tour ball is supposed to fee, in my opinion. Off the irons the, ball had a nice little feel. It was even surprisingly softer, in my opinion, off of my irons on shots that were a little off center. Crisp shots came off the face with a nice click and felt perfect! The golf ball got up quickly and really stayed up for a nice flight pattern.

Spin: The spin seemed to be just as good as the Pro V1, especially around the green. I think they spin better for me than my ball, because it seemed to spin somewhat less for me. One hop and stops were not a problem though with the wedges. This ball was very straight and true off of the long irons with just a small amount of release on the greens. The thing I noticed is my shot dispersion was noticeably straighter. The side spin that I create on off the tee seemed to be reduced by a significant amount.

Color: I LOVE it! I could see the ball in mid flight much better than the normal white cover. It reminded me of when my mother, brother, and I used to go to our local miniature golf and batting cage. It kind of gives you that novelty, nostalgic feel that brings you back to your childhood putt-putt days. Who could not look down and see that little yellow sunshine of a golf ball and not be thrilled!

My best shot of the day was a 6 iron into a slight wind that hit pin high, just right of the hole, and stuck a foot from where it landed. I don’t do that often with my middle to high irons. My only real complaint… they don’t float! I had the bravery of going for it in two on a par 5, which I had 240 carry to fairly elevated green, which had a false front that released into a pond. I carried the 235! But, with my usual bad bounce that I’m used to getting, I ended up in the drink. I know that I wouldn’t have even tried to hit that with my usual ball. Distance compared to my gold standard, the Pro V1, is HONESTLY longer for my swing. I gained about 10 yards off the tee with the B330 RX Yellow. The ball flew in a strong mid-to-high trajectory with a nice release.

Overall, the ball has great durability! I played one ball for 16 holes (then little yellow found a new home in the blue) and it had little markings on the cover. This ball seems to always want to go straight with noticeable side spin reductions. I had an increase in distance, around 10 yards off the driver, and around 5 yards with full iron shots. I noticed wonderful greenside control. I felt like chipping a little more aggressively with this ball. I had control over what type of short game shot I wanted to hit, a shot with run out or with a nice one hop and stop. Out of deeper rough I still had good control. The wedge spin was what I was looking for on full swings! Each full wedge I hit was a one hop and stop. The feel off the putter face was what stood out to me. It felt soft, but not too soft. My distance control on putts was great with the RX. I had 29 putts on the day, which was WONDERFUL for me! On approaches, I was seeing a mid-high ball flight that checked very well and had little roll.

Bridgestone made a ball that seems to have been made just for me. Their research was perfect with this ball. It fits those like me that are low-handicap-aspiring amateur golfers. If I could rate it on a scale of 1-10… I’d give it a 12! This ball out-performed my usual ProV1 in every single area! Now, I wish that I would have switched back in August! From now on, I will be gaming the B330RX, in yellow nonetheless! Again, I want to thank you guys at THP and Bridgestone for the AWESOME opportunity! I can’t thank you both enough! I look forward to hearing what everyone else has to say about the ball!

I am now one of the Bridgestone converts!
P.S.. (I'm sorry, I get long winded!)

Interesting point you made AHA about it not being any easier to see than a white ball in overcast conditions. I have had it on the course twice in bright sunlight and that thing is the best thing since grits. It is super easy to see when compared to the white. I will be sure to save one back and play it on an overcast day to see if I notice no difference between the yellow and white under those conditions. Good review on an excellent ball.

Weezy-

Long winded is good for you because that was a great review. 10 more yards from a driver is awesome, I bet you were very excited with that.

Solid reviews so far fellas....I'm glad to see some converts.

Made it out to the course today with these, played with AHA and Biggsy...man that's quite a pair to watch play this game, pretty humbling :) but incredible company.

I didn't play these that much since it was a new course to me and I didn't want to go and loose these rascals right off the bat into an unknown hazard. Here go my intial thoughts

Putter: not exactly the feel I was expecting, but to fair I had a pretty crappy day putting. Greens were way faster than anything I'm used to down here so take that into account. It was a little firmer than I thought they would be, I do play the RXS and it has that "perfect" feel, these seemed a bit firmer to me, I guess solid would a better explanation.

LW-PW: Outstanding! I definetly felt like I was getting to this ball, I didn't think any ball could feel as good as the RXS or Trispeed Tour off the wedges but I was wrong. This ball is the best I've felt so far off those clubs. I am not a high spin player at all, hence my use of the RXS, but I did not notice a huge dropoff in visual spin with this ball.

Irons: See Wedges. I really really like this ball off the irons, it's hot to me. I enjoyed the solid feeling I got on a well struck shot. Length wise it was about the same as the Trispeed Tour/Vapor Speed I normally play, yet a touch longer than the RXS, which I'm guessing is due to the firmer cover. Of course I did drop one in the water with an 8I because I caught it high...that's my story anyway (when it reality I hit it like a freaking baby).

I didn't pull 3W or Hybrid all day so no feedback there yet.

Driver: Love! Great distance, but the best part is I can follow that yellow ball anywhere it flies. The hue is slightly different than that on the e6, but man it makes a difference. The e6 I would lose pretty easily, this one I can honestly see incredibly well, even when it's over in the rough and I'm still on the tee box. I am a little concerned about the yellow in the fall, as it could be a little easier to miss in dormant turf compared to a white ball.

The real test will come tomorrow when I head out for some night golf. I'll have the camera charged up for some visibility comparison shots.

Great reviews everyone, glad to see that people are loving this ball.

Ok, I went down to the golf simulator today to test the new B330 RX yellow.I tested the new yellow against a white E6 which I have played quite abit and a Srixon soft feel I use alot also.
Driving- I hit about 10 shots each with B330 RX and E6.Very surprised with these results as I never play urethane/tour balls.The E6 performed about normal for me hitting it out about 235 and with about 10-15 yard fade.The B330 RX was great off the tee! First shot 242 almost straight down the middle.Second shot 226 slight draw.I was under the impression that I would have more side-spin off the tee with a urethane ball,this was not the case here at all.I would use this ball over the E6 just on driver alone.
Irons-used 7 iron-E6 about 140 same fade on most shots,couple draws.B330RX was a little longer average about 145 and straighter,amazing.
Wedge-B330 RX again better,softer feel,straighter shots.I could not judge spin,but I'm sure there was more than E6.
Overall-I am definately using these balls this year and hope to have the same performance on course as on the monitor here.Thanks THP and Bridgestone for the chance to play and convert to such a great ball. sidenote- I just used the Srixon to warm-up on driver and distance was similar to the B330RX.

Hmm.. not to put a damper on anyone but I'm not sure if I'm liking these, it just reminds me too much of mini-golf.

I'm feeling useless. Sorry THP & Bridgestone!

Great reviews so far people, really solid information. I love me some yellow ball action... I hope Bridgestone decides to release the B330 in Yellow too.

Great reviews so far people, really solid information. I love me some yellow ball action... I hope Bridgestone decides to release the B330 in Yellow too.

That seems to be a common thought. When I tried out the yellow E6, I loved the color, but wanted it in the E5!

I finally made it out to the range today! What a beautiful day to. It is a nice 60* and sunny day. I did not try the balls on the range, but on the putting green. They had a nice look to them as they rolled across the green. I ended up playing a little game with the Yellow Bridgestone and a ProV1. I had one of each of the balls and worked my way around the putting green. I would alternate starts with each, ball to not give one a read advantage over the other. I thought that they both putted very similar to each other. They have a nice soft feel off of the putter and a smooth roll to them. I really like the feel of them on the green. Not to hard, but you didn’t have to knock the crap out of them to go somewhere. I am headed out to the course tomorrow and I will let everybody know how that goes with the balls.

My ball testing will be delayed as my 89 year old grandmother fell today and broke her hip. She is like a mother to me, please keep her in your prayers.

My ball testing will be delayed as my 89 year old grandmother fell today and broke her hip. She is like a mother to me, please keep her in your prayers.
Will do Toddo, I know how close we can be to our grandmother's.

Toddo.. you are in my prayers! I know how close you can beto grandmothers.. My grandmother is a second mother to me, and my great grandmother helped raise my mother. Bless you during this time!

In my prayers and thoughts. Get well grandma!

Made it out to the course today with these, played with AHA and Biggsy...man that's quite a pair to watch play this game, pretty humbling :) but incredible company.

I didn't play these that much since it was a new course to me and I didn't want to go and loose these rascals right off the bat into an unknown hazard. Here go my intial thoughts

Putter: not exactly the feel I was expecting, but to fair I had a pretty crappy day putting. Greens were way faster than anything I'm used to down here so take that into account. It was a little firmer than I thought they would be, I do play the RXS and it has that "perfect" feel, these seemed a bit firmer to me, I guess solid would a better explanation.

LW-PW: Outstanding! I definetly felt like I was getting to this ball, I didn't think any ball could feel as good as the RXS or Trispeed Tour off the wedges but I was wrong. This ball is the best I've felt so far off those clubs. I am not a high spin player at all, hence my use of the RXS, but I did not notice a huge dropoff in visual spin with this ball.

Irons: See Wedges. I really really like this ball off the irons, it's hot to me. I enjoyed the solid feeling I got on a well struck shot. Length wise it was about the same as the Trispeed Tour/Vapor Speed I normally play, yet a touch longer than the RXS, which I'm guessing is due to the firmer cover. Of course I did drop one in the water with an 8I because I caught it high...that's my story anyway (when it reality I hit it like a freaking baby).

I didn't pull 3W or Hybrid all day so no feedback there yet.

Driver: Love! Great distance, but the best part is I can follow that yellow ball anywhere it flies. The hue is slightly different than that on the e6, but man it makes a difference. The e6 I would lose pretty easily, this one I can honestly see incredibly well, even when it's over in the rough and I'm still on the tee box. I am a little concerned about the yellow in the fall, as it could be a little easier to miss in dormant turf compared to a white ball.

The real test will come tomorrow when I head out for some night golf. I'll have the camera charged up for some visibility comparison shots.
Nice write-up SW FLA. Would you say the color is different with yellows on the e6 and the new B330?

Back