What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job Rhino! Love your outlookn on golf budy.

jeez bogey russ you must play 300 rounds a year! Kinda jealous...lol

it helps that i work at a course with really cool boss's

played a course today that had barely any grass on the greens... putted on dirt with a few patches of grass
i stopped scoring after 3 holes and we were just basically hitting just to hit
closest to teh pin in the least amt of shots with auto 2 putts
anything inside of the leather was a gimme
luckily it was only $15 to play

Shot 83 today in winds that were steady at 15+ mph with gusts to 32 mph according to the local weather channel. No birdies and two three putts. Not my best but I'll be swinging away again tomorrow.

First round this year. Played my home course and shot a 94, pretty good day with the driver, 3W and hybrids and not bad with the putter. My irons were an unmitigated disaster, hit everything fat and flaired one off the hosel of my six iron on a par three. No feel whatsoever. On the positive I only lost two balls on a course with lots of water.
Gotta work on my ball striking.

Not a bad score at all for the first round of the year, Doc.

shot a 105 yesterday, rained for the first 8 holes but sun came out and it was lovely. drove the ball well but my second shot left me down alot. greens had been hollow tined during the week so everyones putting was poor (not just mine) ha ha

look at me with all my excuses :D

actually really enjoyed just getting out though :blob:

Who says you have to play every single day to get better. In the last month I have only played 9 holes. I spent so much time trying to land a job, and then closing my business, selling stuff, finding and buying a car... I didn't think I'd ever see a golf course again. Went today, and while I was on the range I was sure that I should just go home, and hang up the bag for ever. Then, with about 20 balls left, things started to come back, just a little. I was not striking the ball at all well today, everything was much shorter than the norm at least one club and most times two. But I was hitting it straight, and compensating well.

I ended up with 44/44. So it's official, I have my first sub-90 round of 2011, and only my second -90 ever! I may take another month off and see if I can shoot sub-80... NAH! I think I'm taking Thursday off (weird schedule) and hitting a nice course.

Shot 84 from the gold tees today with 31 putts.

Well the weather hasn't been that great up here in PA, we've had three straight days of raining and a lot of flooding. But today I was able to get my first official round of the season in and although I wasn't too happy with the final score, (103) I was pleased with how the new grips I put on my irons handled. I had a few good shots and of course a few bad ones, but in the end, since it was first outing of the year, I'll chalk it up to being rusty.

played honey bee golf club with my brother
this is the 2nd course around here with horrendous greens
we decided not to score and just do the same deal as yesterday and closest to the holes were gimme's
i was hitting quality shots allllll day long with the worst results
i dont know if it was the wind or what but i had the worst luck ever today
i was going at the pin but a foot here and a yard there put me in bad spots
what shoulda been a gir ended up being a ping pong exhibit
i found every bunker on the course and what you could loosely term "sand" i was always in a bad lie/footprint etc
man i hit rakes/ drains/ cartpaths/ pine cones/ lil fat kids uggggh
i even played "smart" golf to no avail
had so many perfect lay ups just to hit a "perfect" shot right into the water/trap/ob
today i was happy with my shot making but not happy with the results

quote of the day repeated on every hole... "you have got to be kidding me... did you see that?"

83 with 2 triples, 1 double, and 1 bird. 4 or 5 three putts, one of which was from 5 feet. Greens were a lot slower than yesterday, but I was blowing most putts 5'+ past the holes. Good lines, but just terrible speed.

Shot an 89 today....70* and partly cloudy...Simply Gorgeous...
took my new Clicgear 3 out...
Was trying out the three new things my instructor told me....Weaker Grip, weight more on the balls of my feet, no swaying back and forth on my swing...
oh...and the first test of the new Seemore SI1....
Not a bad day score wise considering....
finally started getting used to the new putter on #14...

Will definitely have more time this week to play a couple of 9's.....

bama

Today was a good day ball striking but putting wasn't so good. The greens have been punched and sanded (the big holes.) It could have been a personal record if some of those putts had gotten to the hole or held their line, they look so good then hit a hole or run out of energy. 74, 37-37 two birdies and one three-putt.

My playing partner did something today I have never seen. His tee shot on a 136 yd par 3 hit, bounced once, hit the stick about a foot above the ground then dropped...on the edge of the hole. A third of the ball was hanging over the hole, there was no space between the hole and the ball contact point with the ground. It probably would have fallen in were the greens not so sandy and hairy.

Played with THP'ers OEM Kevin, golf4life, and ddec today and hacked my way around the course in 99 strokes 49/50 (32 putts). Tee shots with the drivers today were all blocked to the right while Mashie tee shots were more consistent and found the fairway more often than not. Chipping for me was non-existent which was disheartening as that's an area I've been focusing on for over 3 months and have felt that was a part of my game that has greatly improved. Between my block party on the tee box and my inconsistent chipping I figure that all of that cost me about 5-7 shots today, easily. I was very happy with my putting considering I used a harder ball than I'm used to. The most important part of today's game today was the progress I showed in the mental aspect. I never really got down on myself too much and when shots or holes didn't go my way I did my best to shrug it off. After going through my typical 3-4 hole hiccup, man I managed to finish with 5 bogeys which helped me salvage the round and my sanity. While finishing with 5 bogeys to conclude a round may not sound good to you, it was a boost to me. I'm still missing way too many greens on par 3's and still very inconsistent from 125 and in but there are some flashes that give me hope and something to work on

Played with THP'ers OEM Kevin, golf4life, and ddec today and hacked my way around the course in 99 strokes 49/50 (32 putts). Tee shots with the drivers today were all blocked to the right while Mashie tee shots were more consistent and found the fairway more often than not. Chipping for me was non-existent which was disheartening as that's an area I've been focusing on for over 3 months and have felt that was a part of my game that has greatly improved. Between my block party on the tee box and my inconsistent chipping I figure that all of that cost me about 5-7 shots today, easily. I was very happy with my putting considering I used a harder ball than I'm used to. The most important part of today's game today was the progress I showed in the mental aspect. I never really got down on myself too much and when shots or holes didn't go my way I did my best to shrug it off. After going through my typical 3-4 hole hiccup, man I managed to finish with 5 bogeys which helped me salvage the round and my sanity. While finishing with 5 bogeys to conclude a round may not sound good to you, it was a boost to me. I'm still missing way too many greens on par 3's and still very inconsistent from 125 and in but there are some flashes that give me hope and something to work on

That's what I'm talking about!!! Way to finish strong bro! Not bad for your first round out for the year. Do you feel like you were putting too much pressure on your short game (maybe you were expecting to much)?

Went out today after 11 days off (work trip to West Point, New York), hit the home course Painted Dunes. This also was the first day out for the new Gambler Straight. Pleased with an 83, turned the front 9 at + 4 and the back 9 at +7. I had 6 pars, 1 birdie, 10 bogeys, and 1 double. The SL 290 & FL 17* were very kind 10/14 fairways hit and I hit 6/18greens. The Gambler was also very good on the first day out 34 putts (lots of burnt edges). With the Gambler I just need to get used to the weight difference from the Kombi S.

I feel like I'm pressing when I nail a great drive to come up with a good approach shot, or when I'm on a par 3 to deliver a good shot, it's definitely a mental yip with me the closer I get to the hole. I lose all fluidity of my swing and become stiff and robot like. G4L was saying I'm 2 different player on each hole, one just wants to hit a good shot, the other wants to hit a perfect shot. I need to find the middle ground. at least my course management is a little better now so there's hope for me

That's what I'm talking about!!! Way to finish strong bro! Not bad for your first round out for the year. Do you feel like you were putting too much pressure on your short game (maybe you were expecting to much)?

I feel like I'm pressing when I nail a great drive to come up with a good approach shot, or when I'm on a par 3 to deliver a good shot, it's definitely a mental yip with me the closer I get to the hole. I lose all fluidity of my swing and become stiff and robot like. G4L was saying I'm 2 different player on each hole, one just wants to hit a good shot, the other wants to hit a perfect shot. I need to find the middle ground. at least my course management is a little better now so there's hope for me

You just need to have faith that the work you're putting in is working and will pay off. I will give you one word of advice my friend: you cannot will a golf ball, all you can do is put it in the bottom of your swing. Trust that fact, find the bottom of YOUR swing, and clear your mind.

I'm proud of you buddy. That last part of your post about your round made me smile.

Shot 95 today and it was all good except for one hole. My father in law was talking trash the whole back nine saying I was going to screw up because I was beating him by 5 strokes. It was getting really annoying but I could not say anything to him. Well on a par 4 he is really talking I think it could have been the beer talking. Well I am trying to not think about and in the middle of my down swing the guy on the green next to us yells at the top of his lungs because he chipped one in. I shot up and shanked the ball so bad I had to re-tee. So now I am hitting 3. I was so pissed that it killed the hole and I made a 10 on it. I gave back all 5 strokes on that hole. I was really hot now. But I did bring it back and still beat him by 2 strokes. Could have been a real good day.

Shot an 84 today and I am so pissed off right now it's not even funny. Got hit up on twice and it completely frazzled me and the second time was right as I was swinging in the fairway. Shanked that ball so far right. I was playing very nicely up to that point and I completely lost it. Went from a 37 on the front side to a miserable 47 on the back. Back side included a 9!! and a 7. Putting was miserable as well and I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Gambler.

thanks man....i'm trying :) I know it's early in the season but I was hoping for at least a consistent short game
You just need to have faith that the work you're putting in is working and will pay off. I will give you one word of advice my friend: you cannot will a golf ball, all you can do is put it in the bottom of your swing. Trust that fact, find the bottom of YOUR swing, and clear your mind.

I'm proud of you buddy. That last part of your post about your round made me smile.

Shot an 84 today and I am so pissed off right now it's not even funny. Got hit up on twice and it completely frazzled me and the second time was right as I was swinging in the fairway. Shanked that ball so far right. I was playing very nicely up to that point and I completely lost it. Went from a 37 on the front side to a miserable 47 on the back. Back side included a 9!! and a 7. Putting was miserable as well and I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Gambler.

did you do something or say anything? i hate when that happens

An ugly 90 on Saturday. Not good ball striking (still getting used to the new irons and shafts). 47-43 so at least I turned it around a little on the back. Only hit 5 fairways and 4 GIR all day and took a 6 on a 150 yard par 3 that had no water involved. Perhaps I shouldn't go a month without a lesson. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back