The Nike 20XI Experience

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently GolferGal was sent to Doral to get the inside scoop on the Nike 20XI golf ball. On hand Nike had Rock Ishii, Anthony Kim & Francesco Molinari to help educate on the new technologies going into this product. Here is a report and a cool video with them.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12764

Rock Ishii seems like a pretty cool dude. I didnt know very much about this golf ball but Ill definitely buy a sleeve and see how she goes.

Very interesting. A resin core. The numbers don't lie. I definitely want to give these a try when they come out.

• Admin
Rock Ishii seems like a pretty cool dude. I didnt know very much about this golf ball but Ill definitely buy a sleeve and see how she goes.

Go Speed Reader!

Nice, im def gonna try these out, i thought the nike one tour and one tour d were pretty good balls.

Very interesting. Great write up as ever from GG. Thanks :D

I'm very much looking forward to some real life testing on these, from the folks with the trusted opinions.

How amazing that technology in a golf ball can make so much difference. An extra few yards, and a ball that's more adept at holding its line sounds like a wonderful thing.

Looking forward to THP getting their hands on some samples. Great video GG! Kind of cool that you were there, that close to those guys.

I have been very interested to try these. I have always been a fan of the Nike One balls, I took advantage of the buy 2 for $60 special they had last year when I needed some balls on a budget. I will be very interested to play these and see how they work for my swing. I wonder if the resin core is only going to work better for faster swing speeds or if it will work for average swing speeds as well.

Great article GG! I can't wait to try out some of these new balls and see if they help my game out.

Great job GG. This sounds super interesting when your talking lower spin off the driver, yet added spin at the appex to keep the ball in the air longer, if I read that right. Some great info, I can't wait to see these at THP for testing.

I'm definitely going to test this ball out this summer. The new core technology sounds really interesting, and having the ball stay more on its line while also having more spin for the short shots sounds like a winning combination.

I loved the One Tour and the new core technology sounds pretty cool. Now loving the One Tour doesnt guarantee I can play this ball but definitely makes me want to take this one out. Very interested on what type of swing speed is needed to get the maximum benefit from the ball.

I will definitely grab a sleeve of these to try some time this year.

They sound like a very interesting ball. I think they will definitely be on my list of balls to try when my current stash runs dry.

Fantastic Read, thanks GG!

I especially love this quote from GG's Article:

"They can change a driver far easier then they can their golf ball. It’s the one piece of equipment that they use for every single shot. It’s almost as if they build a relationship with their ball. They know how it will perform from club to club and it has a certain feel that they have become accustomed to."

I can imagine now how difficult that would be on a pro. It would take a lot of convincing especially if I was in a good groove.

Now for me personally at this time, I LOVE playing the Nike One Black still and the 20xi sounds very appealing. Of course with a softer cover and higher price, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to invest in these. Its easy as a pro getting new balls and switching every 2 or 3 holes (or so I assume) when they're free but I likely won't be able to afford this technology right now.

The wall street journal has an article about the 20xi online today. I'm on the cell otherwise I'd post a link.

Edit: that might have came out wrong, don't wanna take away from GG's insight, just think its cool a new ball warranted an spot in the journal.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I had not really heard much about these until reading GG's great article. I especially had no idea about all the new technology they put into this ball. Can't wait to get my hands on some to see how well this new core performs.

definitely the ball i want to tryout the most this year. nike balls have slowly been getting better and better, but the first balls they came out with were unplayable.

Very intrigued by this ball. I'm sure it will be priced out of my range, but the technology sounds like it will greatly benefit golfers of all skills.

Very nice and some cool new tech. Something that'll make you ponder for 2011.

That sure was nice of Nike. I have always like the Nike ONE brand I will give these a try

Very nice and some cool new tech. Something that'll make you ponder for 2011.
It doesn't even take new tech to make us ponder...pondering is implanted in our DNA after signing up for this site.

Nike makes some great balls and I'm sure this one will be a pleasure to bag!

I haven't played any of the recent Nike balls so Im not sure if its the same but watching a slow-mo of Tiger's shot right now in the Tavistock Cup it looked like the ball had hexagon dimples.

Back