Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
An hour and a half into the supermarket line. Not in yet but can see the door. TPs on the list.

Oh heeeeell no

4172B794-F836-4BF6-AA90-66A18D489295.jpeg

I see stuff like this, and all I want to say, is whatever. If that's their prerogative, to ignore the social distancing requirements put in place, fine...

Just don't leave the city for a year. Whatever happens, happens.
The people are maddening, but no more so that city officials for not enforcing the rule. My guess is about 1 day of police writing tickets to those people - with accompanying media coverage - would put an end to most of it.

The people are maddening, but no more so that city officials for not enforcing the rule. My guess is about 1 day of police writing tickets to those people - with accompanying media coverage - would put an end to most of it.
hard to argue that.

I just read an article about golf in Minnesota. I knew the courses would not be open for play at this point. But, apparently, they were classified with bars and restaurants and are to remain closed until May. And, in addition to that, the maintenance crew is not allowed on site. So, the courses will have no spring maintenance done. Ugh.

I just read an article about golf in Minnesota. I knew the courses would not be open for play at this point. But, apparently, they were classified with bars and restaurants and are to remain closed until May. And, in addition to that, the maintenance crew is not allowed on site. So, the courses will have no spring maintenance done. Ugh.
@tahoebum mentioned this a while back, but I thought a bit of that changed.

You cannot justify denying ONE person per 9 access to the course for maintenance.

You cannot justify denying ONE person per 9 access to the course for maintenance.
I missed that. From an article today, they are working on getting approval. But, they have been working on getting approval to let the courses open for play. It's been a week since the governor said they're looking into it and I haven't heard anything since. I agree, one or even two guys working on each nine is pretty distanced in my eyes.

I see stuff like this, and all I want to say, is whatever. If that's their prerogative, to ignore the social distancing requirements put in place, fine...

Just don't leave the city for a year. Whatever happens, happens.

Except its not them I worry about...Well it is, but its also every single person they come in contact with. So maybe NY as a whole, should get a big wall.

Except its not them I worry about...Well it is, but its also every single person they come in contact with. So maybe NY as a whole, should get a big wall.
Yeah, exactly what I mean.

If that's how they want to live, fine -- but don't leave.

It's possible they may want a minimum crew of two (rotating equiopment an dall that, but it should still be possible to do it safely and in compliance with distancing requirements.

You holding out for "mas suavecito"?
hahaha
managed to wrestle some Charmin Soft from someone's grandma (kidding, they were well stocked)

Our courses closed down March 16, but they have been performing maintenance on them fwiw. Would be shocked at courses being denied maintenance anywhere.

Now our local government is considering stricter measures including... not allowing the sale of alcohol. I mean, how does that help??

hahaha
managed to wrestle some Charmin Soft from someone's grandma (kidding, they were well stocked)

Our courses closed down March 16, but they have been performing maintenance on them fwiw. Would be shocked at courses being denied maintenance anywhere.

Now our local government is considering stricter measures including... not allowing the sale of alcohol. I mean, how does that help??
Alcohol will be more rare than TP!

Careful.

NYC is not the same as Downstate, and neither of them are the same as Upstate. It's a very different world north of Westchester County.

hahaha

Apparently, landscaping is essential. Looking at these Orders, perhaps because it's the safe and sanitary aspects that are sanctioned

Careful.

NYC is not the same as Downstate, and neither of them are the same as Upstate. It's a very different world north of Westchester County.

Of course. And I mean no harm to the state or disrespect. Yet if they continue to act a certain way and the actions put in place make it allowable, it has to happen. I hate that completely. Look at what the spring breakers from OH and the NE did to the state of FL at the beginning? Its now rampant with a population that trends older.

Sadly like most things, the good get everything ruined by the bad

Dallas stay home ordinance extended through May 20th. Good grief.
Oh no. I fear thats going to happen more and more

Of course. And I mean no harm to the state or disrespect. Yet if they continue to act a certain way and the actions put in place make it allowable, it has to happen. I hate that completely. Look at what the spring breakers from OH and the NE did to the state of FL at the beginning? Its now rampant with a population that trends older.

And that's really it, imo. Most people understand the risk, but governing bodies can't rely on that because some just don't and put everyone in harm's way. Put in measures and actually enforce them

Dallas stay home ordinance extended through May 20th. Good grief.

Nate, I was hoping May 15, but thinking June 1 - I hope at least. Already going nutz.

No harm or disrespect taken, I just don't want to be walled in with the bad who ruin everything for the rest of us.:rolleyes:

It was either Frank Zappa or Noel Coward who said two things are universal - hydrogen and stupidity, and the latter is far more prevalent.

I'm struggling a little bit with something... there is work pressure, justifiable pressure due to unforeseen network traffic increases. Have been in some calls that teeter along the line of what's professional. The latest executive order from the governor (started this past Monday) does clearly allow for network growth. The project I assist on is not in isolated cell sites though, it's a densification program where we install cement poles in the right of way, a lot of times right in front of houses, and their radios remotely connect to a hub where the processor and routers are housed, basically splitting the cell site equipment in two locations. There is no way to maintain social distancing among construction crews, and their work area is very much exposed.

I have to ask crews to get out there, when honestly I wouldn't be doing it. And by putting them in a potentially unsafe spot, I'm exposing their families and possibly extending the reach of the contagious disease. Frankly, you feel like absolute 💩💩💩 through this.

No harm or disrespect taken, I just don't want to be walled in with the bad who ruin everything for the rest of us.:rolleyes:

It was either Frank Zappa or Noel Coward who said two things are universal - hydrogen and stupidity, and the latter is far more prevalent.
Different instances seem to be credited to either Frank Zappa or Harlan Ellison but the actual Zappa quote as I have seen it referenced is

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

As a big Zappa fan, another quote I've seen attributed to him also seems applicable in today's society.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Everybody does realize that with the exception of properly fitted N95 mask the reason to wear a mask is so you don't infect someone else. We don't need people walking around with masks made out used jack straps without practicing all the other stay safe techniques thinking they are being safe and actually putting themselves at greater risk.

I missed that. From an article today, they are working on getting approval. But, they have been working on getting approval to let the courses open for play. It's been a week since the governor said they're looking into it and I haven't heard anything since. I agree, one or even two guys working on each nine is pretty distanced in my eyes.

Yep, working on it but nothing since they said that a week or so ago. I talked to my buddy who the chair of our greens committee and he confirmed with our superintendent today that MN is not allowing maintenance crews to mow. One of only 3 states in the U.S. that has that restriction.

He is worried about the greens if they can't mow soon as it's warming up fast and things are greening up. Conditions for golf here are normally great by the 3rd week of April. We will have to wait to see if they use some common sense and let the mowers out.

On a bright note, the kitchen at our CC is open and doing very well with their curbside pick up. They also have groceries available for pick up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back