The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
September last year, felt like we were on the surface of the sun. I loved it!

Dude, last September was nothing like August will be. Better just stick your head underwater and learn how to breathe :act-up:

Dude, last September was nothing like August will be. Better just stick your head underwater and learn how to breathe :act-up:
I'm a fan of the heat myself, I had no issues with the September weather we had at the last outing. I'll be ok I think. I reviewed a golf bag for THP a long time ago that had a mister system with it, that may come in handy down there!

No, I'm not a nudist.

Not sure why you felt the need to clear that up, but thanks anyways.

How many of you Morgan Cuppers have played golf in Florida in August?

Haven't played in Florida in August, but have played a bunch of golf in South Carolina in the summer, so I'm used to the heat and humidity. It will be a bit of an adjustment coming from New England, but I'll be fine after the first day down there in Orlando.

Also, I'm pretty sure my wife is coming. My family is actually looking at this as a summer vacation; my parents are coming down from South Carolina, and we're trying to get my brother and his girlfriend to join us as well. At least I'll have a small cheering section, and they will naturally be cheering for all of Team Paradise.

Also, I'm pretty sure my wife is coming. My family is actually looking at this as a summer vacation; my parents are coming down from South Carolina, and we're trying to get my brother and his girlfriend to join us as well. At least I'll have a small cheering section, and they will naturally be cheering for all of Team Paradise.
That is really cool dude, a family event! It will be great to have them in our cheering section, we'll definitely give them a lot to cheer for!

I plan to not hit many shots so as to keep from exerting myself much in the heat.

Kevin

I plan to not hit many shots so as to keep from exerting myself much in the heat.

Kevin

Its okay, someone has to lose in 11 holes.

I lived and played golf in Australia and Southeast Asia for about 5 years. Also, spent all of my summers growing up in Florida. I think I'm good. You should be more concerned about your homeboy Esox. He's a cheesehead, with a layer of fur, who really prefers fishing.

Well there is an opening for a bananahammock, and bowtie wearing dancer needed for the Team Paradise locker room at the Morgan Cup.

Thought so, those guys seem to be into that kind of thing.

Just thought that this had to be in this thread. Glad to see that Dent is supporting Team Hackers!!!! Thatta boy!

Just thought that this had to be in this thread. Glad to see that Dent is supporting Team Hackers!!!! Thatta boy!

Good call TC, hopefully they find their man.

Haven't played in August but did in September. We get a little heat in AZ I'm not too worried. But it will suck.

booked my flights awhile back - flying in on monday before the event and flying out monday afterwards. might move the flight to tuesday to celebrate our victory monday however.

The Girlfriends really wants to come - but might be out of vacation days - so we're working on her flying in friday and back with me.

other than that - super excited for the event - glad to see biggsy made it back - i know some on team paradise were VERY worried.

Im young - the heat will be tolerable!

Maybe, but why don't you tell me what you did over the weekend again dude. And didn't Esox just post about how it's sleeting where he is? You guys tell us about your crap hole weather.

BTW, I golfed over the weekend, at a ridiculously tough course back home, and shot a 73! Enjoy your treadmill snow bird.
You are killing it TC. Happy to see you playing so well.

Team Paradise doesn't need caddies. There Captain plays at Reunion and is putting a yardage book together for his team.
That just kills you, doesn't it? :D Playing another 36 there next week. Got all three Reunion courses loaded in the "simulator", so we are getting some "real" golf in.

I'm not sure how I didn't figure this out until now, but today is April 20, it's exactly 4 months until the first shot of the Morgan Cup! I really want to be the guy to lead off my team and put the first ball in the air, straight down the middle of the fairway.
Wow, 4 months and then we go. So much to do before then in the way of equipment and apparel. I'm really looking forward to getting everything dialed in!

Love the attitude and wanting to be first off arydolphin!

I had some free time this afternoon, so I went to Golf Town to hit some of the Taylormade stuff. I started off with the Tour Preferred CB and MC irons, hitting 6-irons of each set. The guy that was helping me set me up with a DG S300 shaft from the fitting cart in the CB iron, and then just handed me the glued version of the MC iron when he had trouble with the MC head from the fitting cart. So it was nice that the same shaft was in both irons. I have hit the CBs before, but hadn't hit the MCs. The nice part is that I wasn't over my head in hitting the MC iron, and the distances for each iron were pretty much the same on good swings. The thought of a mixed set of CB and MC, much like Dr. Teeth is gaming as he described in the MC testing thread, have now entered my mind.

After that, I hit 4 different drivers: R11 10.5 with the Blur 60 shaft and Blur 65 TP shaft, both in stiff flex; Burner Superfast 2.0 in 9.5 loft with the stock shaft in stiff (XCon 4.8), and the Burner Superfast 2.0 TP in 9.5 loft with the HD6 shaft in stiff flex. I will admit that I wasn't swinging my best when I got to the drivers. I had the best results with the BSF 2.0 TP setup, and was able to get my spin numbers down from what I had last week with my Supertri during my golf lesson. I also had some fairly good shots with the R11 TP setup. I didn't play around at all with any of the adjustable settings, I just wanted to get a sense of how the different clubs looked and felt today. There's a Taylormade demo day at an outdoor range at the end of this month, I'll be going to that one to test out clubs some more and see some real ballflight. I hope the reps will be excited when I tell them about the Morgan Cup!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after more demoing! I think you'll find with the SF 2.0 that it's a lot more forgiving than than the R11. Both great drivers being offered by TM at this moment!

There's biggsy! I was wondering were you where you at the other day. Was hoping you didnt kick the bucket. I bet it was fun to play some California golf though.
It really was a lot of fun. I could play there all the time. Turf interaction (new buzzword lately) is a lot easier on their grass. It's nothing like the Bermuda down here. Playing so many rounds on Bermuda has made me a better player and I think it showed in California. It's a beautiful area out there.

Well, as a new member of these boards I must say that this seems like it'll be a truly amazing event! Perhaps I have something to strive for come next year??? Would be awesome to participate in such a well-organized, action-packed event.
The events, the testing, the contests, the people, you really can't top this site. Stick around and stay active, you'll be glad you did. It's a truly fantastic forum run by even better people.

You are killing it TC. Happy to see you playing so well.

That just kills you, doesn't it? :D Playing another 36 there next week. Got all three Reunion courses loaded in the "simulator", so we are getting some "real" golf in.

hahaha, too funny. I'm glad you're back and refreshed buddy! I think you bring an excellent element of fun to this thread.

I'm a native, I live for Summer golf!

Team Hackers are going to melt in Paradise!

It's not like Florida is Mars. It's just another state in the South. We deal with similar humidity and the temps might be marginally cooler but not by much. I'm more worried about the Northerners to be honest.

hahaha, too funny. I'm glad you're back and refreshed buddy! I think you bring an excellent element of fun to this thread.

It's not like Florida is Mars. It's just another state in the South. We deal with similar humidity and the temps might be marginally cooler but not by much. I'm more worried about the Canadians to be honest.

I'll be that guy... FIFY

It's not like Florida is Mars. It's just another state in the South. We deal with similar humidity and the temps might be marginally cooler but not by much. I'm more worried about the Northerners to be honest.
LOL. It is a shock to the system when you've never dealt with humidity, when it's hotter in the shade and I think guys just need to prepare for it. Start wearing garbage bags under your clothes and that's a start :D

The clothing from the OEM's are definitely going to get a workout.

LOL. It is a shock to the system when you've never dealt with humidity, when it's hotter in the shade and I think guys just need to prepare for it. Start wearing tin foil under your clothes and that's a start :D

The clothing from the OEM's are definitely going to get a workout.

Fyfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back