TaylorMade TR3 Speed Stik Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan Did a great job in his review. I feel the need to go and try one .

Great write up by Ryan, I have been interested in this aid for several months now. I see benefits in the areas it is designed to help. Keep up the good work.

Nice review Hawk. I think aids like these are killer. I love the fact that it's collapseable, portable, and that it provides one with swing speed. Over time and with a regiment this would have to substabtially increase clubhead speed. Did you ever get sore from using it?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Nice review Hawk. I think aids like these are killer. I love the fact that it's collapseable, portable, and that it provides one with swing speed. Over time and with a regiment this would have to substabtially increase clubhead speed. Did you ever get sore from using it?

Great job Ryan! I hope to hear it helps increase his ss over time. I've been interested in something like this, but so far he's not seeing much more than a solid warm up tool. I would also think the timing sound would be a great benefit.

I think the key is definitely using it similar to the way you'd approach a weight lifting regemin. It's hard for me to find time to do that every day some weeks, but there is no doubt in mind that it would increase ones swing speed if utilized properly. As for soreness, I didn't really get any. At first, I was babying it due to a minor shoulder issue I had going on. After that, I normally would take in the area of 20-50 swings with it and didn't notice any discomfort.

Great job Ryan! I hope to hear it helps increase his ss over time. I've been interested in something like this, but so far he's not seeing much more than a solid warm up tool. I would also think the timing sound would be a great benefit.

It is definitely great for warming up, but I found the weight and length did help my tempo with the driver. In the past, I would often forget to finish my backswing due to a tempo that was too quick. You tend to swing much more deliberately with the TR3 due to it's length and weight and the fact that you can feel it throughout the swing. I really think the swing speed and release indicator were awesome.

Would you consider this product to just be an upgrade from the speed sleeve, as the weight, and overall motion helps you with tempo and conditioning? I really think the clubhead speed monitor on the stik is a great idea.

Great review Hawk. I can see the benefit of managing your tempo I just wonder if it justifies the cost. I was really hoping it would help more with the swing path side of things. Sounds like it would be perfect though for someone who needs more help with their tempo and whatnot. I hope long term it helps with swingspeed as well.

Great review Hawk, I have been interested in the speed stik since I saw it, I have yet to pull the trigger on one. Will you have yours at the outing?

In my opinion this isnt an upgrade to the sleeve but more like something different to train with. I find the sleeve more versatile and honestly more effective. This thing is really long so its harder to swing indoors unlike the sleeve which can be put on any iron. I have both and use the sleeve a lot more. This is good to check your SS though.

Good write-up. One thing I have found is that I use my speed stik a lot for stretching before a round like the stretch poles that are also collapsable like this but you can swing this one and get a lot of instant feedback as well.

Being so rigid 46", I can use it to stretch out my arms and shoulders before a round. Because like Ryan said, I don't always get time to do a full warm-up at the range so this can get me ready in short time.

In my opinion this isnt an upgrade to the sleeve but more like something different to train with. I find the sleeve more versatile and honestly more effective. This thing is really long so its harder to swing indoors unlike the sleeve which can be put on any iron. I have both and use the sleeve a lot more. This is good to check your SS though.

It just seems like a lot of $$$$$ to check your swing speed.

Not to hi-jack but since I've started using my speed stik, I've seen my swing speed go from 92 to the mid to upper 90's. I'm not sure if the speed stik is to thank or my loss of a couple pounds but I continue to use it every couple of days.

Tap before talk.

Definitely some good info. How often do you train with the Stik?

EDIT: Lol I meant as in swings and whatnot per session.

Not to hi-jack but since I've started using my speed stik, I've seen my swing speed go from 92 to the mid to upper 90's. I'm not sure if the speed stik is to thank or my loss of a couple pounds but I continue to use it every couple of days.

Tap before talk.

Awesome review Hawk....I really like the fact that this can be broken down for increased portability. A solid training device

Great review! I was intrigued by this from the first moment I saw it. I was able to use it while at the Kingdom and I was sold. I put the order in for one last week. I can't wait for it to get here!

Would you consider this product to just be an upgrade from the speed sleeve, as the weight, and overall motion helps you with tempo and conditioning? I really think the clubhead speed monitor on the stik is a great idea.

I've never used the Speed Sleeve, so I can't comment, but it sounds like Kevin has some good feedback.

Great review Hawk, I have been interested in the speed stik since I saw it, I have yet to pull the trigger on one. Will you have yours at the outing?

I can certainly try to pack it in my bag. It's fairly small, so shouldn't be a problem at all.

Tap before talk.

That's very cool to hear!

Great review! I was intrigued by this from the first moment I saw it. I was able to use it while at the Kingdom and I was sold. I put the order in for one last week. I can't wait for it to get here!

Good luck with it, Doc. Please stop back and let everybody know what you think about it.

This is definitely something that I've been interested in since I saw it a few months ago. I just am having a hard time justifying the price, however this little review has definitely nudged me more towards wanting to give it a go.

Thanks for the review. Great information on the training aid that someone may consider purchasing.

great training aid and an even better review. my only question is for someone like myself who has never really bought any training aids would this be a lot of money to be spending on my first training aid average price i can see around $130. i do see the benefits this would have to my game but am not sure about taking the chance on spending the money

Good luck with it, Doc. Please stop back and let everybody know what you think about it.

I will definitely post my thoughts on it. I am really excited for it to get here!

great training aid and an even better review. my only question is for someone like myself who has never really bought any training aids would this be a lot of money to be spending on my first training aid average price i can see around $130. i do see the benefits this would have to my game but am not sure about taking the chance on spending the money

To me, the price is pretty steep. I don't know that I can see myself spending that kind of money, but I'm cheap. A good training aid that really helps your game can be invaluable.

Excellent review Hawk, I really liked how you gave it to us straight on the fact that it didn't work wonders on your swing path but I'm glad you found it valuable in other areas. Thanks for the review!

Back