2012 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational [SPOILERS]

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
This week is another WGC tournament, this time sponsored by Bridgestone and held at Firestone Country Club. They'll be playing the South Course, as always, and it is a wonderful track. Adam Scott is back to defend his title just two weeks after a great showing at the Open Champonship, and I think he will be one of the biggest stories this week. Seeing as this is a WGC event, the field is very strong, showcasing the best players in the world. You can see the full field here:

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r476/field.html

Another big story will be Tiger Woods, as usual in the tournaments he takes part in. He is back in good form this year, and it may be his best chance in a while to capture his 8th victory at Firestone. He is also coming off a good showing at the Open Championship.

Lastly, Scott Piercy is competing this week after just having won the RBC Canadian Open. I wonder if he will be able to keep up his good play of late as he also finished in 3rd place at the John Deere Classic just a few weeks ago. This is shaping up to be a great tournament and I plan on watching as much of it as I can. The TV schedule is:

golf.png
Thu2–6pmSat12–1:30pm
Fri2–6pmSun12–1:30pm

cbs_logo.gif
Sat2–6pm
Sun2–6pm

I think Tigger's going to win yet again this week, who do you guys have?

I was offered VIP tickets to Firestone for friday and saturday... but had to turn them down.

This is a great track that Tiger just OWNS.

Should be good watching, and lots of "drama" from the media side about Tiger. If nothing else, it will have good ratings!

I was offered VIP tickets to Firestone for friday and saturday... but had to turn them down.

This is a great track that Tiger just OWNS.

Should be good watching, and lots of "drama" from the media side about Tiger. If nothing else, it will have good ratings!

That sucks. I was going to go but my dad forgot to schedule a trip out there. Are any THPers planning on going?

My brother (Robman7 on here) is a volunteer there each year, I think hes doing Sat/Sunday this year.

I was supposed to go up and watch it but my trip got pushed back to next weekend

An amazing course and usually a real close battle to the end

I think Kyle Stanley's going to win this week. He's got a great game tee to green, and if he hits fairways, he could put a ton of iron shots close. If the putter is working at all, I could see him going really low. Plus he bombs it out there a ton, so he'll have plenty of short irons and wedges into the greens.

I think tiger will do well but we will see. Not sure which one will show up

if, mind you, if tiger hits the driver moderately well, he will win. personally i think the way he was hitting/roping that 2i in the open was exactly the same mentality he should take this week...hit fairways, hit greens...make 2 out of every 4 gir birdies...

I got TW and LW starting, I think Lee will light it up.

Always a fun tournament to watch (although with The Olympics I don't know how much I'll catch this year). I'm hoping we see some of the old Tiger. I don't think he can win with irons off the tee. This is a course that suits his eye so hopefully he feels more comfortable getting aggressive.

I think Kyle Stanley's going to win this week. He's got a great game tee to green, and if he hits fairways, he could put a ton of iron shots close. If the putter is working at all, I could see him going really low. Plus he bombs it out there a ton, so he'll have plenty of short irons and wedges into the greens.

You Clemson homer. :alien: Stanley hasn't done much since the West Coast Swing, but we'll see what happens this week.

I'll take Tiger to win this week, then put up something like a T20 at Kiawah.

Also, cutest picture of the week: Jason Day's newborn son got his own PGA Tour credential.

AzPVDooCYAAWNW7.jpg

That credential badge is awesome.

Dash? Sigh...

You Clemson homer. :alien: Stanley hasn't done much since the West Coast Swing, but we'll see what happens this week.

I'll take Tiger to win this week, then put up something like a T20 at Kiawah.

Also, cutest picture of the week: Jason Day's newborn son got his own PGA Tour credential.

AzPVDooCYAAWNW7.jpg

I think Tigger has an awesome shot here this week too. He owns this course. But I think he'll bomb at Kiawah.

That's a surprising pick. He's been spraying the ball everywhere as of late. Plus, I don't think he has a top 15 since he won in Phoenix.....

That's a surprising pick. He's been spraying the ball everywhere as of late. Plus, I don't think he has a top 15 since he won in Phoenix.....

I'm a Clemson homer, I can't help it. Hehe. I think he's got a good shot if he plays well though.

dash day?

I think Tigger has an awesome shot here this week too. He owns this course. But I think he'll bomb at Kiawah.

I don't think you can play bomb and gouge golf at kiawah.

Give me Scotty to rebound this week and defend his title. He is striking it really well right now and always plays well here. I'll take Ryo is the dark horse winner. Dude played phenomenal golf here last year and can pound the golf ball. I am really liking that Ryo-Rory pairing.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Give me Scotty to rebound this week and defend his title. He is striking it really well right now and always plays well here. I'll take Ryo is the dark horse winner. Dude played phenomenal golf here last year and can pound the golf ball. I am really liking that Ryo-Rory pairing.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Way to ruin Scotty's chances! Lol.

Need a solid week!

Going with:

Scott
Fowler
Woods
Dufner

Z. Johnson
Woods
westwood
Dufner

First, there's nothing wrong with being a Clemson homer...

Second, I think I may be the only one that left Tiger out this week in fantasy golf. I know that he owns Firestone, and the media has been back on the "ZOMG!!! Tiger is Back (again)" rampage this week. But, I can't shake the vision of him trying to hit driver in the final round of the Open a couple weeks ago. He really, really struggled with the driver, and Firestone is a course that will punish poor tee shots.

I know it's Tiger, but he can't seriously play the stinger 2i all week on a 7,400 Par 70, and finish well, right?

With that said, my fantasy picks have been a huge jinx as of late, so it would not shock me for Tiger to completely dominate.

Also...

Zach Johnson
Hunter Mahan
Rickie Fowler
Jason Duffner

I forgot to set my lineup, so I'm going with:

Stanley
Sends
Van Pelt
Charl

Except Charl is on the bench today with Noh starting, even though he isn't playing.

Back