2013 Adams Super Hybrid LS Review

So I finally got to hit The Super LS Hybrid today i like it even more than i did at demo day ball explodes off the face I am still getting use to the Kuro Kage shaft a little whippy. I took 3/4 inch off the butt of the club helped me control it a bit better. I was able to work the ball both ways off the face it is long but not too long about 10-15 yards shorter than my 5w. It has a nice mid ball flight with some roll it is a ton better than my RBZ from last year not fade bias the head size is just about perfect it sets up nice has a big sole easy to hit off the deck or off a tee i was getting 235 off tee and about 225 off the deck

Thanks for the update. Not a bad idea with lopping 3/4 inch off. I think that's the exact amount of the 'added' length on the shaft. I actually haven't minded it so far, but it was something I thought about at first.

Thanks for the update. Not a bad idea with lopping 3/4 inch off. I think that's the exact amount of the 'added' length on the shaft. I actually haven't minded it so far, but it was something I thought about at first.

I think 1/2 to 3/4 off it would have made me like it a lot more than I did. I really do.

I think it might have too, though you do prefer the fairway-ish look as well. Scoped out some last night for sale online and found nothing in my flex/loft under $230. Not gonna happen lol.

I had posted a review in another thread but in brief these LS hybrids are nothing short of amazing! Yes the price is steep but I view the LS as more of a fwy wood with hybrid usability. I was hitting the 17* LS where I expect my 3 wood to go yet MUCH easier to hit off the deck. Even if I lost 5-10yds from the 3 wood, I am long enough off the tee that I can afford it (255-260 vs 245-250 is ok in my book).

As for the KK shaft, I was very leery of it for some reason but I left thinking nothing but praise of it. Does Adams offer it in the 90gr model?

I can never tell what Adams offers aftermarket. Their website is pretty bad when it comes to discussing custom options. To be honest, I don't know if there are any at all.

Glad you're enjoying the hybrid. It's become my favorite out of the 2013 offerings I've tested so far.

I had posted a review in another thread but in brief these LS hybrids are nothing short of amazing! Yes the price is steep but I view the LS as more of a fwy wood with hybrid usability. I was hitting the 17* LS where I expect my 3 wood to go yet MUCH easier to hit off the deck. Even if I lost 5-10yds from the 3 wood, I am long enough off the tee that I can afford it (255-260 vs 245-250 is ok in my book).

As for the KK shaft, I was very leery of it for some reason but I left thinking nothing but praise of it. Does Adams offer it in the 90gr model?

Glad you like it that much i am very happy with mine
as for custom shafts i was told by an adams rep they can get most any thing it will just cost more and take some time

Still enjoying this one. The distance I get from it, coupled with it being reasonably accurate, has made it my driver alternative on shorter holes. For me, I can carry it in the 200-215 range reliabley, with the upper end being good days and vise-versa. Ball fight is high, unless I try to keep it low.

I would agree with Jman's review in that it's not the most forgiving hybrid out there. Heel side isn't great. I do pop it up every once in a while as well and that's a bad miss with this one. Very high and very short, though I can't say that many clubs would be forgiving for that type of miss. Love the way the shaft feels during the swing.

I do think it's a swinger's club. My best results come when I swing freely and finish big vs trying to hit the ball. In that way, it's not the best slump club, as opposed to the X-Hot, which sort of lets me get away with that. Either way, it's a solid offering and probably one of the best choices I made this year for the bottom portion of my bag.

I sent this down to FL for demo day and miss it already. Super S just isn't the same for me, though it's a 17° head. Ball flight with the LS is higher for me and I just prefer the smaller profile. I think the shaft is a better match for me as well. Come home soon!

I sent this down to FL for demo day and miss it already. Super S just isn't the same for me, though it's a 17° head. Ball flight with the LS is higher for me and I just prefer the smaller profile. I think the shaft is a better match for me as well. Come home soon!

I'm glad I bugged you about this thing the other day.. I was pretty certain about picking up an XTD hybo from last year for my backup bag/production bag, but your love for this thing is pretty darn palpable.

How much of it between the LS and the super S do you think relates to shaft for you?

That's a good question. I think it's a mixture of shaft and headshape for me - maybe 50/50. The Super S is very much a fairway wood inspired design and in truth, I'm not a huge fan of that. Just never have been since I first started playing. Not to say I like a Dhy looking hybrid, but I prefer them a bit more iron-ish.

The Kuro Kage is maybe my favorite shaft ever in a hybrid. I loved it in the driver as well. Feels really smooth and just delivers a great ball flight (in the hybrid) for me without being really spinny. I can't think of any real complaints on the Kujoh, but it's not the same. I tend to think the bigger swingers may not love the KK shaft like I do though. I've had comments from people saying it was on the softer side. To me, it's smooth, but not soft. The B Asha 4S (driver shaft) is one that I'd say feels soft and smooth to me for reference.

I think the LS is easier to hit off the turf and sounds better too.

I have decied to change the out the shaft on my 19* the Kuro Kage feels a bit soft for me my transition is very quick so i ordered a Fujikura Fuel 95HB to try should lower the launch and provide more roll

That's a good question. I think it's a mixture of shaft and headshape for me - maybe 50/50. The Super S is very much a fairway wood inspired design and in truth, I'm not a huge fan of that. Just never have been since I first started playing. Not to say I like a Dhy looking hybrid, but I prefer them a bit more iron-ish.

I think The Dhy looks like a RBZ iron with a slot in it

I have decied to change the out the shaft on my 19* the Kuro Kage feels a bit soft for me my transition is very quick so i ordered a Fujikura Fuel 95HB to try should lower the launch and provide more roll

Man, I wish you were using the KK in stiff. I would buy that pull off you in a second.

Man, I wish you were using the KK in stiff. I would buy that pull off you in a second.

Sorry i guess i have another one to add to the collection

I have had 2 range sessions with new shaft it is great club feels solid mid low flight more roll

Man, I've lost it with this thing. I think it was out of the bag too long. I'm hitting some ok shots with it, but nothing like where it was for awhile there. I gotta get some practice time in with it because I know it's there somewhere.

I have to start out and say thanks to Jman for the great review and then Adams for making an outstanding golf club.
I've been thinking about replacing my 910F 3-wood with a 15° hybrid since last fall. I love the Titleist - it's awesome off the tee and great from the fairway but very hard to control from anything other than a good lie. My thought was that if I could find a lower lofted hybrid I could replace the 3-wood with something more versatile. There really wasn't much out there to consider until TM's Stage 2 16.5 that adjusts to 15°. But that leaves the face open and I just couldn't hit the shots I wanted with it. Then, voilà!, Adams comes out with the Super LS in a 15°. On the basis of my first foray with Adams when I bought my CMBs last fall and Jman's review I knew that was the ticket.

So after trying a 19° (GS didn't have anything else at the time) and some saving I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and although I haven't had extensive time with it yet, after a few range sessions and one round in the bag I am here to report that the experiment is a success. The look, feel, sound and performance of this club is pretty spectacular. I must acknowledge that I already have a TM R11 rescue TP hybrid in the bag so white was a non-issue and I really haven't noticed the markings after hitting a couple of balls.
I like that it looks like a hybrid and not a small fairway, the sound at impact is a solid THWOCK (very much a persimmon type sound - yes I DO remember playing persimmon woods :tongue:), the ability to maneuver the ball and a medium boring trajectory that just keeps going.
I'm pretty much a straight ball hitter but I can hit a draw, hook, fade, slice, high or low shot on command (when the swing is working) with the LS.
I haven't played the two clubs side by side on the course yet but on the range the LS 15° looks to get the same distance as the 910F even though the shaft is cut an inch shorter.
But the main reason I bought this club was to hit shots from lies I couldn't with the 910F. This weekend I had a sidehill lie in medium rough with the ball about 6 inches above my feet, 260 to the hole, hazard on the left, bunkers on the right and a ditch across the fairway 200 out. I hit it 8 yards short of the green just like I drew it up in my mind - SOLD!

... Now this LS has got me thinking about replacing my 4 iron with a Super DHy - oh boy

Last edited:
Appreciate the kind words Wakit, glad you're enjoying it.

The LS and the S really might be the sleeper hybrids of the year. SO damn good but not talked about as they should be.

I like that Wakit! "THWOCK" is a great way of describing the contact off the face of this beast.
Agreed that is a great explination of the sound it makes very diffrent from any other club in the bag

Wow - I love this thing!

My Mashie F3 really isn't all that consistent and I've never really been comfortable with 3 woods in general, so I thought I'd experiment with a low lofted hybrid. My bag is being overtaken by Adams at the moment which you can see from my sig below, so the LS hybrid in 15* was the obvious choice.

It could well be a honeymoon period as I've only taken it to the range once, but what I saw I really liked after hitting around 30 balls.

The sound it a little funky as has already been mentioned in the thread and the feel isn't what I'd call smooth but I simply can't argue with the results. With the stock Kuro Kage and my c.100mph driver swing speed for reference, I had no trouble elevating the ball and the ballflight was incredibly strong with no hint of ballooning. My standard ballflight is one whereby I would expect to be running the ball upto the green, not flying it to the green and expecting it to hold... although the bit of experimenting I did at the range showed that a higher ballflight with softer landing was fairly easy to produce, although it came with a reasonable total distance reduction compared with the bullet runner.

Right now, I see no reason whatsoever for a fairway wood. The smaller hybrid profile (ok, it's probably more of a fairway wood / hybrid love child) instils more confidence, the 42" shaft is more controllable than the 43.5" monsters that are on the racks these days... in fact I can see no downside whatsoever as the distance I'm getting (the usual 'complaint when comparing hybrids to FWs) is about equal, and potentially more when you consider the lower likelihood of distance robbing ballooning.

It will likely be used a fair amount over the next week or so at both the range and on a variety of courses so I'll report back.

Overall, I'm really chuffed for now.

Very nice mab! Glad you found something that you're really getting along with. I was a big fan of the LS and the S line this year from Adams, both are just solid performers IMO. Really hope it keeps delivering for you!

Thanks for the good wishes... and moreso thanks for your review and frequent update to this thread. They were a big part of my decision making process as hitting Adams clubs before you buy them in the UK is not easy.

I was close to picking up the previous year's XTD but with continued reports of the weights falling out and feedback on the new model (including yours) being so positive, I waited until one popped up on the bay and jumped.

Here's hoping I've finally found a '3 wood' I can truly call a companion...

Thanks for the good wishes... and moreso thanks for your review and frequent update to this thread. They were a big part of my decision making process as hitting Adams clubs before you buy them in the UK is not easy.

I was close to picking up the previous year's XTD but with continued reports of the weights falling out and feedback on the new model (including yours) being so positive, I waited until one popped up on the bay and jumped.

Here's hoping I've finally found a '3 wood' I can truly call a companion...

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, the weights on the XTD's were a nightmare for a lot of people, shame too because the silver finish was absolutely awesome.

Great write up man, I've been really thinking about getting a Hybrid lately and the adams line has been getting my attention on looks the most so far, these and the 3 woods look great and I need to get to a place that has them available to hit. Ponder mode is on, thanks for the excellent review.

Back