2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on my short game too....I am great with a pitch shots....it's chipping that I have issues with...I really need to work on chip shots....today I had 3 cases where I was 5 yards or less off the green and had straight forward chips....to get up and down for par...only converted on one of them and that was with a 10 foot putt.

I need chipping help badly

short game work is crucial. it's something i didn't work on an awful lot, but i was putting pretty well leading up to the event. unfortunately, the flatstick didn't travel well for some reason. but when it comes to team matches and scrambles, putting well is what puts those circles on the card and gets you the W in the end.

last year, it was great to see all the guys progress while working on their game. it's amazing what you can do in a couple of months when you set your goals.

Short game is not joke and its the great equalizer. A hot putter can make up for some so so play. As for the temps, I expect it to be even warmer next year. Something about MB brings out the hot of the hot. But I think we will manage.

My 2 cents about prep: putting is much more important than you think it will be, and try to play a 36 hole day at some point in your prep.

Re: putting, when I got down there, I didn't think I was going to miss a putt inside of 5 feet because of my flatstick, it's a good feeling to have.

Sent from Tapatalk
I don't think you missed many, if any, on Sunday.

I will be putting in more time on the range and more rounds than I have ever played for my prep. I'm already super pumped about it. My game made done good strides last year. Hope to make more next year

I hope to spend less time on the range and more time on the practice green. My putting game needs it.

As does mine, the short game is going to be my primary focus for sure!

Great advice right there. Confidence with the flat stick is something I hope to practice enough to have over all of my five footers too

My 2 cents about prep: putting is much more important than you think it will be, and try to play a 36 hole day at some point in your prep.

Re: putting, when I got down there, I didn't think I was going to miss a putt inside of 5 feet because of my flatstick, it's a good feeling to have.

Sent from Tapatalk

I will be putting in more time on the range and more rounds than I have ever played for my prep. I'm already super pumped about it. My game made done good strides last year. Hope to make more next year

I believe in your progression dude! You're going to be scratch by late July!

I believe in your progression dude! You're going to be scratch by late July!

I wish that was my goal. But I'll settle for a single digit handicap.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I wish that was my goal. But I'll settle for a single digit handicap.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Me to my Dot Com brother! If I can get my handicap to 9.9 I will be one happy camper!.....Unfortunately right now it's hovering right where it is....a couple of the lower scores fell off and now I have a ton of 81-88's ...I plan to start my workouts next week too

I am please how my progression is coming along. Alot of the big things I have been working on are now becoming the norm and I now have just a bit of fine tuning to do. I believe if I push myself to get several rounds a week in those will fall into place as well. I am not going to put a number I was to be at heading into the MC, I just want to be playing the best possible golf I can and be in the best physical health I can be so I do not let my teammates down. I know they are working veery hard and they deserve me to do a least as much.

Handicaps will be what they are. The bottom line is you guys will be playing the best golf of your lives by the time July comes around. That's awesome

I am please how my progression is coming along. Alot of the big things I have been working on are now becoming the norm and I now have just a bit of fine tuning to do. I believe if I push myself to get several rounds a week in those will fall into place as well. I am not going to put a number I was to be at heading into the MC, I just want to be playing the best possible golf I can and be in the best physical health I can be so I do not let my teammates down. I know they are working veery hard and they deserve me to do a least as much.

I think that's a great goal for all of us!

Keep at it, Rhino!

Handicaps will be what they are. The bottom line is you guys will be playing the best golf of your lives by the time July comes around. That's awesome
That's the truth. The trick is to be peaking in mid July.

Pace yourself WR, we have 8 months. You will see highs and lows on this road to your best offering at True Blue. How you handle the lows will make you a better player. Keep it up Gordon!

Pace yourself WR, we have 8 months. You will see highs and lows on this road to your best offering at True Blue. How you handle the lows will make you a better player. Keep it up Gordon!

Oh I understand this Freddie but it is something I know is in me ( to be a better overall golfer) and I want to get to that level. I am just gonna keep doing what I am doing and let it come naturally. I see improvement each round I get to play so I want to play more rounds. Plus getting out playing golf is exercise (starting to walk more courses) so it is a double benefit for me.

Oh I understand this Freddie but it is something I know is in me ( to be a better overall golfer) and I want to get to that level. I am just gonna keep doing what I am doing and let it come naturally. I see improvement each round I get to play so I want to play more rounds. Plus getting out playing golf is exercise (starting to walk more courses) so it is a double benefit for me.
I'm glad to hear it buddy. Looking forward to seeing the results in May.

Good stuff buddy, I know you will not let anyone down, you will be a golfing maching at the MC. Keep up the good work.

Me to my Dot Com brother! If I can get my handicap to 9.9 I will be one happy camper!.....Unfortunately right now it's hovering right where it is....a couple of the lower scores fell off and now I have a ton of 81-88's ...I plan to start my workouts next week too

Single Digit brothers my man. I know we can both make it happen!!!

Who wants to push me and who wants to be pushed? I would love to have someone to have a nice little handicap race heading toward the Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back