2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some equipment knowledge and talk, ddec!

I really would like to hear more about the 2013 line soon.
Im itching to hear more about the 2013 line.
I didn't realize this, but the hat we wore is the same one that a large chunk of their Tour staff wears. I retired it and now it hangs next to my MC glove on the staff bag.
Those hats were NICE. So nice, in fact, that I searched for them like crazy until I found them. Got a white one like you guys had in the MC, and found the same one but in Black with the 588 logo on the side.

I've definitely put together a few different bags on their site the last few weeks, and thats with just the 2012 gear + RTX.

you and me both bro!

Im itching to hear more about the 2013 line.

Those hats were NICE. So nice, in fact, that I searched for them like crazy until I found them. Got a white one like you guys had in the MC, and found the same one but in Black with the 588 logo on the side.

Normally, I'm a structured/flex fit guy, but they were surprsingly nice and fit well.

So...a question to the MC oldtimers, could you name one thing that you did do last year as preparing for the MC but will definitely not be doing it again? Something you thought of being a good thing, but ended up being a bad one, or waste of time? Were there any such things?

So...a question to the MC oldtimers, could you name one thing that you did do last year as preparing for the MC but will definitely not be doing it again? Something you thought of being a good thing, but ended up being a bad one, or waste of time? Were there any such things?

I don't think there was anything that i did last year in prep that i won't do again. Any prep is good prep IMO.
Knowing the courses though now, there may be some things that i focus more on, but at the end of the day...it really just depends on where my game is at and what needs done.

I don't think there was anything that i did last year in prep that i won't do again. Any prep is good prep IMO.
Knowing the courses though now, there may be some things that i focus more on, but at the end of the day...it really just depends on where my game is at and what needs done.

Same here. Nothing I regret working on. Will probably put a focus on my tee game for tight par 4's that are encountered especially at Caladonia. A solid 225 straight ball really helps there IMO - which will be a 3w for me.

So other than trying to prep your game and pick out what would be in your bag, was there any other prep you veterans undertook?

I don't believe so dude. Just about and prep is good prep and usually something that pays off come time to play. There are certain things that I would focus on more so than others but all of it helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So other than trying to prep your game and pick out what would be in your bag, was there any other prep you veterans undertook?

Not really. I am not a range rat so I just played.....played a lot after work, etc.

Hitting FW's and GIR's goes a very long way in winning matches - especially best ball and singles.

Days away from you guys finding out who will be sponsoring your adventure. The excitement will build to a higher level, I personally can't wait to follow along and be part of those announcements.

I took a few lessons in the early summer just to get some things dialed in. It was the first time I'd ever had a lesson and it was well worth it!

I am not a range rat at all, but I am going to try and make myself go more this year, I am also taking more lessons this year instead of doing all on my own. I played a ton of golf last year prior to the Morgan Cup and will be doing that again this year...but I do want to spend more time on the range this year.

I hope to spend less time on the range and more time on the practice green. My putting game needs it.

Days away from you guys finding out who will be sponsoring your adventure. The excitement will build to a higher level, I personally can't wait to follow along and be part of those announcements.

No doubt man, it is extremely exciting as your pondering then raises to another level. Glad you are so actively involved and following along!!

Any prep is good prep. I took lessons and will probably take more next year. I will spend an hour a day at the range. I will play more next year leading up to it. I plan on really practicing my putting this year. I don't see how any prep could be bad

I can't wait to find out who our sponsors are....that's when the pondering gets really serious

My 2 cents about prep: putting is much more important than you think it will be, and try to play a 36 hole day at some point in your prep.

Re: putting, when I got down there, I didn't think I was going to miss a putt inside of 5 feet because of my flatstick, it's a good feeling to have.

Sent from Tapatalk

My 2 cents about prep: putting is much more important than you think it will be, and try to play a 36 hole day at some point in your prep.

Re: putting, when I got down there, I didn't think I was going to miss a putt inside of 5 feet because of my flatstick, it's a good feeling to have.

Sent from Tapatalk

Yep....putting can sure be important :D

I agree with Amol. Putting and short game in are huge. Making sure you can handle a weekend playing a bunch of golf in high temps is big as well.

I agree with Amol. Putting and short game in are huge. Making sure you can handle a weekend playing a bunch of golf in high temps is big as well.

Yeah, I am really gonna work on my back issues and trying to be in better shape this time.....my back was toast by Sunday and that kept me from really being able to compete on Sunday....No tell what could have happened if my back had been better.

The 36 in a day in hot temps doesn't scare me, the need for a short game does

The 36 in a day in hot temps doesn't scare me, the need for a short game does

I am telling you, dont take the temps lightly....I am from The South Texas Coast, Cookie is from Dallas, and we had guys from Florida.....all of us said it was REALLY HOT

Although I really think it was stopping and starting and getting rained on and stopping and then starting again that did me in...that Saturday was brutal

I am telling you, dont take the temps lightly....I am from The South Texas Coast, Cookie is from Dallas, and we had guys from Florida.....all of us said it was REALLY HOT

Although I really think it was stopping and starting and getting rained on and stopping and then starting again that did me in...that Saturday was brutal

I didn't mean it that it wasn't important, I've played 36+ many many times this year in Ohio as well ad Florida and the carolinas, and 54 on the surface of the sun in may at the outing.

While that's important, I meant I have other things I gotta worry about more, at least now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back