2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Smalls, will you EVER change your avatar? I mean like put that one in retirement for good?

Edit: Sorry. Wrong thread for that, but it just popped into my mind.

He does switch it around a bit but it always comes back to the mouse.

What Thainer said.

At least you always know it's me! I think Craig Mac has never changed his.

And back to Morgan Cup!

Colt, are you going to live the dream and back Team Paradise?

Can you handle the pressure?!?!

I think it's time for me to finally hop a bandwagon. It's getting close enough now.

Oh, believe me I can handle the pressure....you just need to get off the fence and come join us at Team Dot Com!

I'm pumped to find out the formats as well! I'll definitely start playing some matches in the formats we will be competing in.

Here is what we can tell you right now.
There has been a format change from the previous year.

This is complete speculation on my part, but I'm putting my eggs in the "Mod. Alt. Shot" basket as being the change from previous years.

This is complete speculation on my part, but I'm putting my eggs in the "Mod. Alt. Shot" basket as being the change from previous years.

If that's the case I'm hoping it replaced best ball.

I'm hoping for:
Scramble
Alt Shot
Singles

Like reading this.....change is good.

I'm hoping for:
Scramble
Alt Shot
Singles

Werent we told last week that a modified form of Alt Shot would not be in the formats?

Werent we told last week that a modified form of Alt Shot would not be in the formats?

We were told that any type of Shamble would not be used I believe. I am not sure if there are other forms of modified AS outside of a shamble AS. Would imagine there is....

I thought it was said we wouldn't be switching formats mid round (like some of the matches that were played by peeps at the outing.) But this thread moves so quick sometimes that it could have been a skim on my part.

I'm hoping for:
Scramble
Alt Shot
Singles

I like best ball, I bet we get alt shot, best ball and singles. Just a guess though.

I like best ball, I bet we get alt shot, best ball and singles. Just a guess though.

I could see that. Would seem to fall in line with the more "serious tone" that has been mentioned for this years Morgan Cup.

I always liked best ball too

We were told that any type of Shamble would not be used I believe. I am not sure if there are other forms of modified AS outside of a shamble AS. Would imagine there is....

I've seen mod. alt shot where each guy tees off, than each guy hits the other guys ball for their second shot, they take the best one and go alt. shot from there. It's somewhat confusing, but there are other formats out there.

I think we see this too, as it sounds like mod. alt shot is out.

2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

I've seen mod. alt shot where each guy tees off, than each guy hits the other guys ball for their second shot, they take the best one and go alt. shot from there. It's somewhat confusing, but there are other formats out there.

Sounds like a shamble to me. #alienface #smileywithtonguestickingout

I think that's too close for the ruled out shamble.

The only mod I could see is having a predefined order for tee shots.

So the same guy didn't tee off on two holes in a row.

Sounds like a shamble to me. #alienface #smileywithtonguestickingout

The shambles I've played in, they choose after the drive, not after the 2nd shots.

We could be overthinking it too. The change could just be the order of the matches played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back