2013 THP Sarasota Gauntlet Team Challenge

I'm a 15 or something like that

As in your score after 4 holes.

After seeing you in Vegas, I am hoping for you on my team. #carrymetovictory

As in your score after 4 holes.

After seeing you in Vegas, I am hoping for you on my team. #carrymetovictory

Yeah, I played a round with him in Vegas and Jay is not too familiar with bogeys--rarely on his card.

Looking forward to seeing the teams and seeing how this plays out! Should be a blast!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm awful so I'm looking forward to having some awesome partners to carry me to victory.

After a small delay, teams will be up next week.
There will be teams of 4

After a small delay, teams will be up next week.
There will be teams of 4

Can't wait. Less than a month now!

Sounds good JB, can't wait to get down there.

Event is right around the corner, time to start practicing! Ha

Alright, well lucky for my teammates (who are unlucky to have me) is that grip testing will have me playing more than normal.

Promise I won't drag down my team.....too much.

#getexcited

Alright, well lucky for my teammates (who are unlucky to have me) is that grip testing will have me playing more than normal.

#getexcited

I've always heard that new grips are worth about 3 strokes per round improvement. And these grips are supposed to be special. So, you should have an advantage. I'm actually anxious to see and feel your new grips and get your in person opinion of them.

#getexcited

Are they going on the 'Tudes? That's like 6 stroke advantage!

playing 36 on Saturday and 18 on sunday. It'll be a good simulated gauntlet. I also have a month to figure out whether the speedblades (wondering about shafts here too) or my mizzies will be in the bag for this.

Can't wait to see the formats, I've never played team golf before!

Can't wait to see the formats, I've never played team golf before!

Me and you both. I've never played team golf either. Actually, I've never played competitive golf. Just friendly games for beers.

Counting down the days!

So me and h0ss66 played a practice round as a meet and greet and practice for the gauntlet. He beat me. 86-90. Not a bad round of golf for me. I had 4 looks at birdie and only 1 really bad hole. My irons felt solid. My driver was inconsistent for I dropped it on the back 9 and played safer and smarter golf.

Really looking forward to this event. Can't wait.!!

Stoked to see teams announced this week, will being just another level of excitement for this event! Just less than a month away.

So me and h0ss66 played a practice round as a meet and greet and practice for the gauntlet. He beat me. 86-90. Not a bad round of golf for me. I had 4 looks at birdie and only 1 really bad hole. My irons felt solid. My driver was inconsistent for I dropped it on the back 9 and played safer and smarter golf.

Really looking forward to this event. Can't wait.!!

Great round with Drew out there. We hit some nice shots. A few loose swings by me but overall a fun and productive round.

Just got back from TNTs wedding and golf, next golf trip up for me, looking forward to this!

Hopefully we get team and format announcements this week. Super excited to see who I'm paired up with and how the formats are going to play out.

War Eagle and myself have been working on the testing of a new event that we are pretty excited about. Its called The Gauntlet and we thought it would be fun to give it a test run out in Sarasota in November of this year.

Date
November 9th and 10th

The Gauntlet
3 rounds of golf over 2 days with 3 courses in play - The Gauntlet.
University Park Golf Club
Waterlefe Golf Club
University Park Golf Club

Match Play
This will be a 4 man team event where THP will create the teams.
Formats TBA
36 holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday.

Prizes
The winning team of 4 will take home fabulous prizes.
TaylorMade SLDR Drivers
Bridgestone, Callaway & TaylorMade Hats

Hotel Accommodations
Marriott Fairfield Lakewood Ranch
THP has negotiated a rate of $85 per night (double occupancy).
This of course comes with free breakfast.
Deal in place for Friday Check in and Check out Monday. But if you want to check out Sunday, that will not change the price.

Cost
Still negotiating the 3rd course, but War Eagle got some incredible prices.
It will be under $150 to play all 3 rounds (normally priced at close to $300 for the 3 rounds).
Hotel at $85 per night (split between 2)
Food will be completely up to you but we will find inexpensive choices for people.

Misc
Right now we are looking at 16 golfers, but could possibly increase if we need to, but only in groups of 4.
There will be multiple formats played and you will be playing with different people, not just your team.
Right now it will be open to THPers only and while we know people would like to bring friends and family, lets keep it open to those that are part of the community at first. If it does not fill, we can go from there.

Signing Up
Send an email to admin@thehackersparadise.com
In it include your forum screen name.

Participants
#Cookie
Smithfaced
War Eagle
JB
v.man
troyefl
RPBGator
Tadashi70
Knightlightpro
T0AD
niteowl
O'Carroll
h0ss66
cpljohnst
bogeybrain
TNTCigarGuy
ATLGolfer
manlai
milehighgolfer
Greg Kulbick
Vegan
Drew714
Trout Bum
JaxGolfer1

This is getting closer and closer, is everyone still playing?

Me too dude, can't wait to get back down there.

Back