2013 THP Sarasota Gauntlet Team Challenge

Was it that much. I remember someone keeping the score card from me after the round. Heck, maybe I did win after all.

Lol, jk. Your right I think it was 4. I shot even bogies and got a 90. I know it was close in the last few holes and I shanked one into the trees but was able to play out of it at least.

This is great. And exactly how I feel.

Well start feeling differently. Your my partner on the opening round. I need to jump on your back.

1 week away!! Final practice round tomorrow morning.

#excited

Yes cookie, one week left and we will converge on the sleepy retirement community the JB and WE live in for a weekend of golf, fun and food. So looking forward to this, it's not even funny.

TEAM Panda FTW!

Same here man, can't wait to get down there with all you guys and have a little fun, food. I love that area of florida.

TEAM Panda FTL

Same here man, can't wait to get down there with all you guys and have a little fun, food. I love that area of florida.

I love TEAM Panda FTW
FIFY buddy

You're my boy and $hit but I'll never give a win to anyone, you're going to have to take it if you want it lol.

:bananadance:

You're my boy and $hit but I'll never give a win to anyone, you're going to have to take it if you want it lol.

:bananadance:
ok, just remember you asked for it :alien2:

I hear rumors of War Eagle shooting low numbers hovering just above par, are those accurate reports? Or are they just visions of sugarplums?

Yes cookie, one week left and we will converge on the sleepy retirement community the JB and WE live in for a weekend of golf, fun and food. So looking forward to this, it's not even funny.

TEAM Panda FTW!

You mean that place you want to come to? To get away from all those Ohioans surrounding your city to see a large mouse.

I hear rumors of War Eagle shooting low numbers hovering just above par, are those accurate reports? Or are they just visions of sugarplums?

War Beagle is playing great golf.

My best golf is still pretty bad, but I'm not going down without a fight.

I went and saw a massage therapist last night. A legit one, you pervs :nono:.
I put some decent bread out there for almost 75 minutes of deep tissue to try to get my back to where it doesn't kill me.
#Dedicated

Takeaways from the experience:

I learned my left side back muscles are stronger than the right and it's throwing me "off balance", and that I have scar tissue in the lower lumbar area (previous injuries?). Apparently, the golf swing isn't necessarily good for your back, who knew!? :alien:
The back swing is slow and methodical which doesn't really build muscle, while the down swing is violent and all starts with hip and back muscles recoiling back to the left. (Vicey Versy of course for you wrong handers.) Her suggestion was to try to take some practice swings the 'other way' to even out the muscle running up the spine. I also came home with some exercises to try to keep me limber. We'll see, though, some of them seemed more suitable for someone of, say, Cookie's build.

Final lesson learned--it hurts like crap the next day. My lower back feels like a gorilla walked on it and my shoulders feel like I pitched 7 innings of fastballs.:excruciating:

You mean that place you want to come to? To get away from all those Ohioans surrounding your city to see a large mouse.

Hmmmm.

I went and saw a massage therapist last night. A legit one, you pervs :nono:.
I put some decent bread out there for almost 75 minutes of deep tissue to try to get my back to where it doesn't kill me.
#Dedicated

Takeaways from the experience:

I learned my left side back muscles are stronger than the right and it's throwing me "off balance", and that I have scar tissue in the lower lumbar area (previous injuries?). Apparently, the golf swing isn't necessarily good for your back, who knew!? :alien:
The back swing is slow and methodical which doesn't really build muscle, while the down swing is violent and all starts with hip and back muscles recoiling back to the left. (Vicey Versy of course for you wrong handers.) Her suggestion was to try to take some practice swings the 'other way' to even out the muscle running up the spine. I also came home with some exercises to try to keep me limber. We'll see, though, some of them seemed more suitable for someone of, say, Cookie's build.

Final lesson learned--it hurts like crap the next day. My lower back feels like a gorilla walked on it and my shoulders feel like I pitched 7 innings of fastballs.:excruciating:
I love deep tissue massages, they make it all better

Exactly! I want to be in that area in a bad way

Rumors. Strictly rumors.

Good for you Ryan, you were never far off from some great golf. Can't wait to tee it up with you dude.

Good for you Ryan, you were never far off from some great golf. Can't wait to tee it up with you dude.

Thanks dude. I've hit a bit if a rough patch the past few weeks, but that's mainly due to just not being out in the course.

Beags is being kind. He still put up a 37 or something on the back at UP. Me on the other hand, I have gone completely opposite. Pencil me in for bogey golf right now.

Me too man, shakes the confidence a little but getting back down there will stir something up. We were going to go to Tampa Thursday but my wife may have a great job opp in the Naples Ft Myers area so we'll be heading there to look around a bit. Naples is one of my favorite places but I fear it's a little too old for me, maybe more of Freddie's speed.

Beags is being kind. He still put up a 37 or something on the back at UP. Me on the other hand, I have gone completely opposite. Pencil me in for bogey golf right now.

Damn JB, you were the one opponent I didn't want to have to play wedge golf against, your short game from what I saw was fantastic. How's the putter? If I remember you could sink some putts.

Me too man, shakes the confidence a little but getting back down there will stir something up. We were going to go to Tampa Thursday but my wife may have a great job opp in the Naples Ft Myers area so we'll be heading there to look around a bit. Naples is one of my favorite places but I fear it's a little too old for me, maybe more of Freddie's speed.

Its definitely in my top 5 places in FL. Love the area. GG and I go down there quite a bit. Still not Sarasota for me, but definitely a great area.
Off topic, but Trip Advisor just named Siesta Key the 2nd best beach in the US behind one in Hawaii. Travel channel has it 1st. Its just a great area.

Damn JB, you were the one opponent I didn't want to have to play wedge golf against, your short game from what I saw was fantastic. How's the putter? If I remember you could sink some putts.

Its okay. Im exaggerating a bit, but I am just not playing good golf. Probably playing to around a 10 right now. Last few rounds have been low 80s. Threw an 81 up at Aviara in San Diego last week. Just making too many mistakes.

Its okay. Im exaggerating a bit, but I am just not playing good golf. Probably playing to around a 10 right now. Last few rounds have been low 80s. Threw an 81 up at Aviara in San Diego last week. Just making too many mistakes.

Playing to a 10 is not good golf?

Geez....way to make me feel even worse about my game.

I'm a solid 5 with gimmes.

:alien:

You realize par is not 82 at these courses right?
Playing to a 10 is fine golf unless you were playing to a 2.7 six months ago.

You realize par is not 82 at these courses right?
Playing to a 10 is fine golf unless you were playing to a 2.7 six months ago.

Wait a minute. What's par there if not low 80's?

May need to revisit my pairings.

You'll be playing low singles by Sunday, I have no doubt.

Keep in mind that's playing to a 10 with Altitudes. In actual golf value, that's like playing to a 25.

Back