2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to be hungry for a couple weeks and probably a bit of a jerk. Suffer through it and it will get easier. Promise!

2lbs last week, which fits right in the with same weird thing I've had going on from day one. 1 week of 2lbs, next week a slightly bigger drop. It's like clockwork and I don't get it, but I don't question it.

I do really question when/if this last little bit of stupid beer belly is going to disappear. I don't really know how much more I should realistically try to lose to get rid of it, but I'm going to see where I'm at 10lbs from now.

Abs are made in kitchen and with cardio. I used to have them haha. It was the toughest thing for me to achieve but I did several years ago. It was crazy how strict you have to be with both. It can be done but it takes seriously total commitment if you aren't one of those people who naturally have eye popping abs.

Abs are made in kitchen and with cardio. I used to have them haha. It was the toughest thing for me to achieve but I did several years ago. It was crazy how strict you have to be with both. It can be done but it takes seriously total commitment if you aren't one of those people who naturally have eye popping abs.

Kitchen is definitely taken care of, but I could probably fit in more cardio. Really though, I don't care about definition as much as I do just losing that last chunk of belly fat. It's stubborn!

Kitchen is definitely taken care of, but I could probably fit in more cardio. Really though, I don't care about definition as much as I do just losing that last chunk of belly fat. It's stubborn!

Totally is. The other thing that is tough is spot reducing is impossible. Anyone who says other wise doesn't know crap. Meaning, you will have to lose body fat everywhere - not just stomach and usually, the stomach is the last to go. Don't get frustrated. It literally took me close to 3 years of serious training (3 hours a day) to get near where I wanted, and even that wasn't totally to my goal. Then life happened and those 3 hours a day became non-existent.

I think the highlighted above is a big improvement over Insanity I know they are different programs with different goals but I liked that T25 has a sclaed version of all of the excercises.

Totally agree! Plus I like that it's only 5 days a week (I originally thought it was 6 like insanity) and only 25 minutes. It really is the first workout routine I have genuinely looked forward to doing every day. I know I am not even close to completing even one workout at 100% yet, but that's my goal.

So true dude. I'm just hoping I run out of fat to lose in other places and it has no other choice but to take it from there lol. I do think if I can get down in the 170'ish range I could lose almost all of it. My frame could handle that weight just fine, so that's what I'm going to shoot for by the end of summer. About another 15 lbs.

So true dude. I'm just hoping I run out of fat to lose in other places and it has no other choice but to take it from there lol. I do think if I can get down in the 170'ish range I could lose almost all of it. My frame could handle that weight just fine, so that's what I'm going to shoot for by the end of summer. About another 15 lbs.

When big fat starts eating little fat, you know its a good time. :angel:

Itll happen broski. You're committed and motivated. To me those are the two most important things.

When big fat starts eating little fat, you know its a good time. :angel:

LOL. Just have to be careful. I don't want Manute Bol legs and a muffin top.

I've got abs, but I keep them under wraps...for now

This is very true. In college I had abs, like the kind of abs you see in fitness magazines, and I know it was because of what I was eating and my cardio. I was running 5 miles a day and eating a ton of lean protein. I was also insanely active going to the gym 6-7 days a week. I walked to all of my classes and I was a server at a local restaurant so I was on my feet all the time, I was always on the go.

Sadly, once I got a desk job that slowly went away. Although my stomach is still the last place I gain weight and the first place I lose it.

Thanks Tim! So close now and I'm not going to stop until I'm satisfied.

LOL. Just have to be careful. I don't want Manute Bol legs and a muffin top.

haha. As long as you mix in weights and strength training you should be good.

This is very true. In college I had abs, like the kind of abs you see in fitness magazines, and I know it was because of what I was eating and my cardio. I was running 5 miles a day and eating a ton of lean protein. I was also insanely active going to the gym 6-7 days a week. I walked to all of my classes and I was a server at a local restaurant so I was on my feet all the time, I was always on the go.

It's incredible to think how much effort it can take to get those if you aren't one of the lucky ones. I now try to focus on overall fitness because I just don't have the time I know it will take.

But the occasional beer is just so darn good

It's incredible to think how much effort it can take to get those if you aren't one of the lucky ones. I now try to focus on overall fitness because I just don't have the time I know it will take.

Same here. My upper abs, with even a decent workout routine, generally come back and make an appearance, but the lower is a lost cause haha. For me it's the least of my trouble areas so I put my focus on the lower half of my body. I am what they call a pear shape, so I focus on overall health with a focus on my lower half.

Same here. My upper abs, with even a decent workout routine, generally come back and make an appearance, but the lower is a lost cause haha. For me it's the least of my trouble areas so I put my focus on the lower half of my body. I am what they call a pear shape, so I focus on overall health with a focus on my lower half.

That's a wonderful plan GG. I love that you are enjoying it too!

That's because lower ab exercises are the devil. We have a mutual hate hate relationship. There some some great ones out there but my gosh they make you look stupid when you're struggling after only a few

That's because lower ab exercises are the devil. We have a mutual hate hate relationship. There some some great ones out there but my gosh they make you look stupid when you're struggling after only a few

At the gym recently I was doing Russion twists with a kb and on my last reps I actually tipped over on my side like a weeble wobble.

Plus they hurt my back a lot! The one I can do that isn't so bad is on the stability ball. Where I put the top of my feet on the ball and crunch up towards my face while bracing my body in the air. Here's a pic from google:

knee-tuck-collag%20website%20-%20stability%20ball.jpg

Plus they hurt my back a lot! The one I can do that isn't so bad is on the stability ball. Where I put the top of my feet on the ball and crunch up towards my face while bracing my body in the air. Here's a pic from google:

knee-tuck-collag%20website%20-%20stability%20ball.jpg

I like that workout. I feel like a dumb dumb when I almost fall over getting onto it though.

The couple that I do: if you have a pullup bar, grab onto it and just do knee raises and then move into the pike position with your legs out. That's a ton of fun.

Lay on your back, put your legs straight up in the air, then do counter clockwise/clockwise circles. Bigger the better, so long as you can keep your back flush on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back