2014 #TheGrandaddy Live Update Thread

Last leg of the trip, what the hell is this fog BS over in DFW? I can barely see out of the windows

Ha you're having a great travel experience with Texas for this trip aren't you? FIrst it's cold now there's fog... that's why you live in the Sunshine state!

6b2667dc4f42045afb39ff00860b2004.jpg

To give you an idea of it. It's just a soup. Dallas and I aren't so friendly on this trip.

6b2667dc4f42045afb39ff00860b2004.jpg

To give you an idea of it. It's just a soup. Dallas and I aren't so friendly on this trip.

d5ded203bc10f071c7750dd4d75961cd.jpg
literaly 2 miles north of DFW airport, I'm thinking the windows are foggy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wait....Callaway is even going to ship the clubs back to you on top of everything else?

230.gif
Of course.
1st class treatment

d5ded203bc10f071c7750dd4d75961cd.jpg
literaly 2 miles north of DFW airport, I'm thinking the windows are foggy lol.

Confirmed, not so bad on the plane. It was spotty when we landed, I just assumed it got worse

I cant believe the awesomeness of Callaway and their generosity to the entire #BasementDweller team. Callaway continues to reset the bar high every time. There is no way Team THP will let the ZooCrew get a hat trick though, we will be back and better than ever next year.

Now for sale on eBay: 10 sets of like new Callaway golf clubs. Used for 45 holes.
d1a40a0b86437623ab292b3cd3303116.jpg

PayPal info please :)

Tried to order a blueberry infused lemonade vodka on the plane. Didn't get the same response as I did at the hideaway.

No gloves, no hat, no snow brush…this is WAY better than Palm Trees and Comfort Stations.

c118c4e3a8da27d1f16b2574169ec435.jpg

Tried to order a blueberry infused lemonade vodka on the plane. Didn't get the same response as I did at the hideaway.

Hahaha, this made me laugh.

Those folks are amazing, whatever you need or want just ask and they make it happen.

Royal treatment.

No gloves, no hat, no snow brush…this is WAY better than Palm Trees and Comfort Stations.

Oh pete that makes me sick. I'm looking for a new job somewhere with palm trees asap.

I hear South Carolina is beautiful this time of year. :D

You mean Dean would take care of that for you?

Did anyone get fit for the DBD? Anyone on the ZC playing it?

I'm sure this might be covered in recaps but...

Did anyone get fit into a shorter length driver or heavier shafted then what they're used to?

Get fit into a higher or lower lofted driver then what they're used to?
Yep, I was fit into the DBD. Coming from the SLDR I am beyond excited about this Driver. I need the low spin, the forgiveness I am getting from the DBD is night and day better than the SLDR. I play the SLDR at 9.5 with a Motore F1, the DBD has a Kyoshi Gold. Track man had 1700rpm launching at 15 deg. Pretty great fit!

Another gift from the #zoocrew:

54213856e684b35f4c09f456db08c726.jpg

4864744bd07a9eed38d64a72d1aacfac.jpg

Yep, I was fit into the DBD. Coming from the SLDR I am beyond excited about this Driver. I need the low spin, the forgiveness I am getting from the DBD is night and day better than the SLDR. I play the SLDR at 9.5 with a Motore F1, the DBD has a Kyoshi Gold. Track man had 1700rpm launching at 15 deg. Pretty great fit!

I can personally attest that Byron was pounding that thing. VERY impressive driving performance on Tuesday morning.

Well I made it home. Its nothing like Pete's picture above but its pretty nasty up in Northern California right now. I'm mentally exhausted, yesterday was a rollercoaster of a match.

I can't wait to see the recap thread and get into it!

If by great you mean EFFING SICK! Then I agree, those are scary numbers.

Free trip to California and you couldn't shell out to park in the garage?

Last edited:
Should have a solid recap threadbup soon.

Having followed along this live thread, I'm not certain I could take the anxiety of doing it again. I was more nervous for the last 4 matches coming down the stretch yesterday than I was in my club championship match back in September. What an absolutely fantastic job of coverage. And a great job by TBD playing their a$$ off to try and win. That last day had to be a drain of energy on our guys. The travel, time change, excitement of everything that unfolded from Sunday thru Tuesday. You can only run on adrenalin so long. Home field advantage saved the ZooCrew coming down the stretch. Bottom line, all looked like had a great time and represented THP in the most professional way. Now bring on GD3. We can not let a dynasty be spawned.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

2014 #TheGrandaddy Live Update Thread

Pete...they don't have garages at that airport. Or were you running late for the plane :)

Well I made it home. Its nothing like Pete's picture above but its pretty nasty up in Northern California right now. I'm mentally exhausted, yesterday was a rollercoaster of a match.

I can't wait to see the recap thread and get into it!

I saw on NBC Nightly News what is going on up there.

Hope you and everyone in NorCal is safe.

Edit: I see Dean beat me to the same thought. Actually his comment was funnier!!

Anyone want to hang out in Chicago for a few hours...?

Back