2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Oh, so you're on the side of the fairway instead of dead in the middle with the other one?

The SLDR can get away from me sometimes. Same with the S. I have both. The Titleist is just more reliable.

The SLDR can get away from me sometimes. Same with the S. I have both. The Titleist is just more reliable.

Get away? You mean just off the sprinkler head line if course

Ready to kick some Bear arse!

IMG_20140925_131140828.jpg

My man!

Everything is packed in the trunk except my wife's stuff. Likely be rearranging because lord only knows what she will be bringing and her stuff will be ready to go at the last second as usual.

I just scoped out the local golfsmith, small but well stocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Get away? You mean just off the sprinkler head line if course

No, Kev. I actually hooked one into the lake yesterday. Kind of made up my mind at that moment that it wouldn't be making the trip. Lol. Probably was the Indian though.

I just scoped out the local golfsmith, small but well stocked.

they just moved there, they used to be down here in West Palm & much easier to access (for me)

They are short one pair of shoes and sone gloves now.

Can we be reminded of the format and the specialty of the bear trap, thanks

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are trying to get an idea on how many of the spouses/significant others will be joining us Sunday afternoon after golf for the meal. We would appreciate if those bringing extra people could post here their intentions as we owe the resort a number today.

thanks

Tera will be with me.

43 on the front of the Championship Course and then it started to get rough on me. Limped in with a 50 for a 93.

Bear Trap won this round 2-1 as I pushed my iron on 15 into the lake and 16 was to long to go for it so I layed up but left my approach short. Two doubles on those were offset by a par on 17. Better results on Sunday even though 16 will still be tough for me.

Off to test the Palmer.

Best ball, higher cap gets a stroke on each of the three.

Wasn't it a different format for both days? Me and cookie can't remember

Can we be reminded of the format and the specialty of the bear trap, thanks

Sunday Format - Best Ball

The 2 - Par 3's played from the Black Tee's

Higher Handicap gets a stroke on each hole (15,16,17)

Saturday Format = Shamble (not sure about scoring)

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are trying to get an idea on how many of the spouses/significant others will be joining us Sunday afternoon after golf for the meal. We would appreciate if those bringing extra people could post here their intentions as we owe the resort a number today.

thanks
My wife will be there Sunday.

Bear Trap Tips....

15. First hole of the Bear Trap is a par 3 as water guards front/right/long and bunker left. Front left to back right diagonal green has bailout out short left. Check the wind carefully as this hole is susceptible to 3 club swings.

16. The longer you hit your drive, the tighter the fairway becomes. Shortest approach is from the right side of the fairway but that involves negotiating the bunker and the water. Approach to a 2 tiered green is over water with a generous bailout short of the green.
17. Water guards the front of this par 3 that plays slightly downhill. Bunker behind green leaves difficult shot to a green that slopes towards

Tips for all 18 -> tp://www.pgaresort.com/golf/the-champion-golf-tips

Dang missed the back tees announcement for the trap on 3s

ANNOUNCEMENT

thanks

My girlfriend will be there.

Dang missed the back tees announcement for the trap on 3s

Only way to play it. Back 9, BSG championship on the line and tough conditions like how the pros play it? Heck yeah man.

Back