2015 Albatross Club Is Now Open - THP Helping Folds Of Honor

Always look forward to renewing and supporting this place. I love the support for Folds Of Honor too so it's a win win!

Just wanted to give a thank you to everybody that continues to make this partnership with Folds of Honor possible. What a fantastic organization and this community should be so proud.

This isn't to troll, but I don't care about Folds of honor.. To me it is in fact a turn-off. It is my personal opinion and all, but maybe just maybe it something to take into account for next year? (I can't be the only one with this opinion right?)

This isn't to troll, but I don't care about Folds of honor.. To me it is in fact a turn-off. It is my personal opinion and all, but maybe just maybe it something to take into account for next year? (I can't be the only one with this opinion right?)

You may not be the only one, but you are the only one who has said something, while 90% of the members have voiced they like it. Even our non-american members, because they appreciate that we are supporting our troops and their families.

I am not sure what's so offensive about putting kids through college when their parents have been killed, but you have the right to not participate.

I am not sure what's so offensive about putting kids through college when their parents have been killed, but you have the right to not participate.

This is the 1st year of this partnership and while we know that all charities are not for everybody, this one means a lot to a lot of people. Erky is correct in what the organization does and if that offends someone, we can accept that. We have already made one donation in the name of the people here and we hope there is more coming. Education through this organization after that kind of loss is special in my opinion.

As a disabled veteran, I have to say that I appreciated the partnership with Folds of Honor very much. I was lucky enough to come back with my life and all 4 limbs still attached, and I know the hell that I had in 2003 when there were no real support groups out there and no one understood the entirety of what was going on with me. I can only be thankful that my wife and kids luckily only had to put up with me during my recovery. I'm happy to contribute to Folds of Honor, because I have 3 kids and I sometimes sit and think about what their future would have been like if things had worked out just a little different and I wouldn't have come back.

I have also had the honor of meeting Maj. Dan in person, and he is one of the best people to walk this planet. He legitimately cares.

As a disabled veteran, I have to say that I appreciated the partnership with Folds of Honor very much. I was lucky enough to come back with my life and all 4 limbs still attached, and I know the hell that I had in 2003 when there were no real support groups out there and no one understood the entirety of what was going on with me. I can only be thankful that my wife and kids luckily only had to put up with me during my recovery. I'm happy to contribute to Folds of Honor, because I have 3 kids and I sometimes sit and think about what their future would have been like if things had worked out just a little different and I wouldn't have come back.

I have also had the honor of meeting Maj. Dan in person, and he is one of the best people to walk this planet. He legitimately cares.
I cannot say thank you, enough.

I am also very happy you came home.

Folds of Honor is not about politics. It's about helping those that didn't have a choice. The kids these scholarships help, didn't pick their parents chosen profession. They are innocents impacted by war. They lost a parent or a parent has lost the ability to work due to injuries. You can be against the war.....in fact I bet many of these kids are against a war that hurt their families so much. Again it's about helping those that didn't have a choice at all.

I am fortunate that I was never in a situation that required any type of sacrifice a body or my life. Being a vet who spent another decade supporting the military after I got out and lost friends from on 9/11 and lost friends afterwards fighting for this country. I have seen what Folds of Honor, Wounded Warrior and some other organizations do for families and am very proud of what THPers have done to contribute to supporting this wonderful organization.

We all have opinions and I support everyone being able to express their thoughts, just don't get how anyone could be turned off by THP partnering with an org doing stuff for families who have lost a loved one in service to their country while not having any control over how their family member suffered.

I cannot say thank you, enough.

I am also very happy you came home.
Ditto, can never thank veterans, current and active duty military enough, thank all so much for serving and protecting our freedom.

Bumping to say that I am proud to support the Folds of Honor, and I'm glad to have THP support a group that truly looks out for their own.

HONORING THEIR SACRIFICE, EDUCATING THEIR LEGACY.
Of the one million-plus dependents adversely affected by deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, nearly nine out of 10 do not qualify for federal scholarship assistance. Folds of Honor seeks to meet this need by providing annual educational scholarships to the military families of those who have been killed or disabled while in active duty. These help support private education tuition, tutoring and educational summer camps for children K-12, as well as higher education tuition assistance for spouses and children. Since its founding in 2007, the organization is proud to have awarded over 7,500 scholarships, including over 2,000 in 2014 alone.

There's nothing political about the bolded for the bold. It's just a damn good cause and I look forward to donating again soon. To those who serve this Country and risk their lives, I thank you.

I was happy to participate. I believe college is something that should be free, or at least cheaper. I support anyway to help make that possible especially for a family that lost someone serving overseas and will now, most likely have trouble paying for college.

Just wanted to hop in and say thank you all for the continued support of this partnership and we are so proud to have a donation already in from this great community.

Just wanted to hop in and say thank you all for the continued support of this partnership and we are so proud to have a donation already in from this great community.

First think I did when I "got back" to THP was join up and the fact that it benefits the Folds of Honor make it even better.

Just signed up again. Keep forgetting to do this, sorry. Folds of honor is a great cause!

No apologies necessary, thank you for helping us with this cause.

Spoke to Folds of Honor today and they passed on a big thank you for the partnership so far. We wanted to make sure to pass that on to the group here that made that possible.

Want to pop in here and add a little something about the 2015 coin. One of my favorite ball marker coins I have. It looks great on the course and every time I'm playing with someone new they ask about it and love how thp is involved with FoH. Well done JB and GG on this years coin!

This is the 1st year of this partnership and while we know that all charities are not for everybody, this one means a lot to a lot of people. Erky is correct in what the organization does and if that offends someone, we can accept that. We have already made one donation in the name of the people here and we hope there is more coming. Education through this organization after that kind of loss is special in my opinion.

Anyone doubting Folds of Honor should spend time with some wounded warriors or attend an event sponsored by Folds, Armed Forces Foundation (which also has a great golf outreach program as well), or the Wounded Warrior Project.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks again to THP and the people behind it, also to the men and women that protect us and this country

Just want to pop in here and say thank you so much for making this partnership with Folds of Honor a success so far. Helping is something that we as a community can do together and in the name of the people here. Thank you all.

This deserves a bump as we are approaching Memorial Day weekend.

This deserves a bump as we are approaching Memorial Day weekend.
Well deserved bump, I'll be using my coin all weekend for sure!
Capture.png

Want to pop in here and add a little something about the 2015 coin. One of my favorite ball marker coins I have. It looks great on the course and every time I'm playing with someone new they ask about it and love how thp is involved with FoH. Well done JB and GG on this years coin!

Agreed... I've used the coin proudly the last couple rounds I've played since I signed up for the albatross club.

Back