2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Yeah, that was definitely ridiculous (and lucky). I genuinely look forward to what Oakmont has to offer.

I think this venue and setup is quickly becoming love it or leave it. Right now I love it, over the next few days that could change. I love the backboards on the greens, I love seeing players have creativity around the greens and using those slopes. But as far as making it in to The Open, I think it's very dependent on the course. I know very little of Erin Hills so I can't give my thoughts on a potential setup, but I bet you will a similar setup style again at Shinnecock in 2018.

Some great putts on 12 to start the day. I have a feeling that hole is going to be a ton of fun to watch.

such a fun hole. Said it yesterday, big fan of the driveable par 4's in the Davis era.

12 is such a great golf hole.

Some great putts on 12 to start the day. I have a feeling that hole is going to be a ton of fun to watch.

It's the best hole on a course full of really good holes IMO. My other favorite comes two holes later, the 14th is just brilliant.

I'm enjoying this tournament. I think you either appreciate different styles of golf or you don't. If you don't and expect the typical one dimensional course, you're obviously going to not enjoy this. The greens need to be improved, but the rest of the set up has been enjoyable to watch for me.

Agree 100%. This track is a blast, both to play and to watch.

For me, greens should be green - or at least greenish. And should roll truer than these. The rest of the course I have 0 problems with. ( Although personally it doesn't appeal to me ) I do like that they are playing some different courses though!

My wife, who just started playing, said yesterday that if that is how all courses looked, she wouldn't play. Just curious, I wonder how many casual golfers feel the same way?

There were a lot of the same complaints last year about green versus brown and that was on a course where the greens were much better.

Most US golfers have the mindset that everything needs to be green and lush and that's what they expect from their courses. I think there's a different mindset in other countries. I enjoy different styles, set ups, you name it and don't care if the course isn't jacked up on chlorophyll or whatever.

Those that complain that the greens aren't ideal have a point but I don't think it ruins the tournament even a little. So these guys don't have perfect conditions. BFD.

I think this venue and setup is quickly becoming love it or leave it. Right now I love it, over the next few days that could change. I love the backboards on the greens, I love seeing players have creativity around the greens and using those slopes. But as far as making it in to The Open, I think it's very dependent on the course. I know very little of Erin Hills so I can't give my thoughts on a potential setup, but I bet you will a similar setup style again at Shinnecock in 2018.

I'm in the third group. Love the setup but can't get over the shoddy greens. It is really cool to watch them hammer the ball on stupid long holes.

Is the ball really not rolling true on these greens? I know the type of grass looks terrible especially in TV, but I am wondering if its misleading. As I was watching yesterday I though they looked terrible, but the ball was rolling along fine as near as I could tell... until the broadcasters talked about Sergios sob story about the greens. Then all of a sudden this thread was all about how terrible the greens are. The scoring hasn't been where it is because guys are putting poorly, it's because this is a wicked rolly polly course with narrow fairways and lots of elevation changes... oh and it's like super wicked long... 6 par 4s over 500 yards, crazy!

I'm enjoying this tournament. I think you either appreciate different styles of golf or you don't. If you don't and expect the typical one dimensional course, you're obviously going to not enjoy this. The greens need to be improved, but the rest of the set up has been enjoyable to watch for me.

I think most of us are appreciating the differences and nuances, the biggest gripe is the state of the greens. Whether that is weather related leading up to the event that didn't let the greens grow in normal temps or the fact that prior to yesterday the USGA had to know there would be issues and didn't try to address it. (If they did I haven't read what they tried)

I'm enjoying the course & the challenge, but the greens were down right unfair yesterday, mostly in the afternoon, & takes away IMO what our national championships represents. Now if they fix them/control them the next few days, it doesn't matter, but if Mike Davis's ego gets in the way, look out.

is the marquee group still fowler and tiger? or will they follow some good golfers today?

Is the ball really not rolling true on these greens? I know the type of grass looks terrible especially in TV, but I am wondering if its misleading. As I was watching yesterday I though they looked terrible, but the ball was rolling along fine as near as I could tell... until the broadcasters talked about Sergios sob story about the greens. Then all of a sudden this thread was all about how terrible the greens are. The scoring hasn't been where it is because guys are putting poorly, it's because this is a wicked rolly polly course with narrow fairways and lots of elevation changes... oh and it's like super wicked long... 6 par 4s over 500 yards, crazy!

looked like they were rolling great in the AM until after 2 PM when the poa took over.

is the marquee group still fowler and tiger? or will they follow some good golfers today?

Early marquee group is Spieth, Day, and Rose I believe

Not really. The green talk started when the coverage started and we could use our eyeballs to see ultra patchy uglyness in 'green' form.

Also: Would you like to ask Mr.Clarke?

I hope it's still Fowler and Tiger.

Not really. The green talk started when the coverage started and we could use our eyeballs to see ultra patchy uglyness in 'green' form.

Wow I had not seen that video. Wow.

hahaha I've played greens that have done that. Except those were sub $20 rounds in the rural parts of Ohiotopia haha

Early marquee group is Spieth, Day, and Rose I believe

that's a group I would like to watch, maybe I can hide in a conference room ;)

I hope it's still Fowler and Tiger.

I couldn't watch that yesterday, it sucked to see tiger pull two good golfers down to his level.

Possible 400 yard drive on 18 today? Sounds like #TexasRoll out there.

I expect DJ to still go under par today even though he's got an afternoon round.

I couldn't watch that yesterday, it sucked to see tiger pull two good golfers down to his level.

I blame Fowler. Always blame the guy with the highest score.

I expect DJ to still go under par today even though he's got an afternoon round.

I do too. I think probably a -2 or 3.

I hadn't seen that putt, the ball rolled pretty true to the cup. For that would have to be one heck of a tuft to divert the ball like that, what was interesting is there was no hop or skip just a reroute. I think it was the wind

I blame Fowler. Always blame the guy with the highest score.

no wonder I keep getting blamed for everything then...

seriously though, Bubba looked very nice and composed yesterday when compared to Tiger... I would not like to play with a guy like that

I expect Jordan will birdie every single hole today because he's the most amazing player in the entire world. And I love him.
Fify buddy.

Bill Hurley just knocked one close on 12, with a JetSpeed.

Back