2021 THP Fantasy Football: Week 2

This was the performance I wanted to see from McLaurin, and the reason I drafted him. Great game for him last night. I'm off to a much better start this week.

Fortunately I was on vacation for that loss. If we have a similar outcome on Monday night I may need a wellness check 😖
I watched it. It was bad. Really bad. But then again, I think we're getting used to our team "rebuilding " since 2010 😒

I watched it. It was bad. Really bad. But then again, I think we're getting used to our team "rebuilding " since 2010 😒
Well according to the smartest guy in the room, "If we're starting to freak out after one week, we're in big trouble." 🙄

Well according to the smartest guy in the room, "If we're starting to freak out after one week, we're in big trouble." 🙄
Well, we never listen to Viking fans, they wouldn't know a winning team if it smacked them in the face 🤣
*disclaimer: I'm only assuming he's a Vikings fan since he's unfortunately from MN.*

Well, we never listen to Viking fans, they wouldn't know a winning team if it smacked them in the face 🤣
*disclaimer: I'm only assuming he's a Vikings fan since he's unfortunately from MN.*
Nope, that is a direct quote from our fearless QB…

😳 You mean R-E-L-A-X again? Lol! I kept him and Jones in this week for my FF. He just needs to find his fire again. I have faith.
I apologize to the MN fan for my assumption. 😆

He is the absolute greatest...Just as him.
And then this week when he beats up on Mercer College the Lions, he will tell everybody how wonderful he is again.

I don’t know why NFL weekly projections are what they are? Example: they have Shepard projected higher than Godwin or Evans for points this week. If you go to the week 2 rankings at fantasypros, they have Godwin and Evans at 14 and 15 and Shepard at 45. Even the NFL.com has Godwin as one of their “start ‘em” picks.

Agreed here is another example.

I have Marlon Mack this week on my bench. Last week he didn’t get an attempt, and not even sure if he saw a snap. In the outlook portion it acknowledges that JT and Nyheim Hines will be seeing almost all of the action and that Mack shouldn’t be played. He is projected 8.6 which is more than Hines and Kenyan Drake who is on the opposing bench who actually scored 9.5 last week and looked good?

Agreed here is another example.

I have Marlon Mack this week on my bench. Last week he didn’t get an attempt, and not even sure if he saw a snap. In the outlook portion it acknowledges that JT and Nyheim Hines will be seeing almost all of the action and that Mack shouldn’t be played. He is projected 8.6 which is more than Hines and Kenyan Drake who is on the opposing bench who actually scored 9.5 last week and looked good?
You definitely have to be careful not to click that “optimize” button.

ANNOUNCEMENT

With COVID testing throughout the NFL there will be at times a player that tests positive and will be placed in that protocol. At that time, they can be placed on the COVID RES list on your team. This allows for a player to be picked up without you losing a spot.

With that said, if a player is already on IR, and then placed in COVID IR, they would not allowed to be placed there, because there is no fear of time being missed due to the COVID protocol. The only exemption would be if that player was coming off IR before coming off Covid IR.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.
I understand the Covid aspect of this 'RESERVE' spot but are you saying that a person listed on the IR (for a traditional injury), cannot be placed in one of these "Reserve Slots"? That means we do not have an IR spots? Its come up on my team with Michael Gallup, so its why I ask.

I understand the Covid aspect of this 'RESERVE' spot but are you saying that a person listed on the IR (for a traditional injury), cannot be placed in one of these "Reserve Slots"? That means we do not have an IR spots? Its come up on my team with Michael Gallup, so its why I ask.

That is correct, that spot is ONLY for someone with COVID with a COVID/IR designation from the NFL, if they are just regular IR, they cannot go there. We have never had reserve spots for regular IR players.

That is correct, that spot is ONLY for someone with COVID with a COVID/IR designation from the NFL, if they are just regular IR, they cannot go there. We have never had reserve spots for regular IR players.
Dang!! Alright, I'll play by the rules.

But as a suggestion/recommendation for the future of the THP leagues, I really think a traditional 1-2 IR spots should be considered, especially with any leagues with 14+ teams. I am not sure of any negatives to why a league wouldn't include these. The system will only allow players with true IR designations to be placed there that means you're only holding on to a player through their injury time if they are valuable enough to fill a normal roster spot. And in a 14-team league, that is a wide pool of player. Those are my thoughts to those in charge! haha

Dang!! Alright, I'll play by the rules.

But as a suggestion/recommendation for the future of the THP leagues, I really think a traditional 1-2 IR spots should be considered, especially with any leagues with 14+ teams. I am not sure of any negatives to why a league wouldn't include these. The system will only allow players with true IR designations to be placed there that means you're only holding on to a player through their injury time if they are valuable enough to fill a normal roster spot. And in a 14-team league, that is a wide pool of player. Those are my thoughts to those in charge! haha

I appreciate your input, but we have traditionally done 16 team leagues and still never had those spots. but we will always take suggestions into consideration.

I absolutely do not mean to come off rude, so please don't take it that way because you aren't the only person to ask about that spot, but the purpose of those spots were spelled out in the very first post of the signup thread. It's also been mentioned numerous times throughout the various fantasy football threads, and I know it's been discussed in just about every leagues group message too.

Hopefully at this point everyone has read it somewhere and fully understands now. If not, I will continue to answer the question for people, but we really have tried everything we can to make sure everyone is aware of the rules.

If you have good RB options I would probably sit Barkley, if it were me.

I picked up Mitchell on the wire this week, which means he will either get hurt or benched haha, but I’m starting him as my RB2. My flex spot is going to be a revolving door for a couple more weeks I think. I have lots of guys with potential, just not sure which one will be the stand out.
I grabbed Mitchell as a FA so he never made it to the waiver wire in League 2. But, knowing Shanahan could do just about anything with his RB's--even mid-game--I struggle with whether to start him this week or wait another week. I think if Sermon is a healthy scratch again, I'll go with Mitchell confidently. But, if Sermon (who I also have) is active, I might sit both of them. Of course, I'd have to start either Robby Anderson or Jakobi Myers in my flex, which also makes me nervous.

This was the performance I wanted to see from McLaurin, and the reason I drafted him. Great game for him last night. I'm off to a much better start this week.
I’m just glad @jdtox had him on the bench. 😁

I grabbed Mitchell as a FA so he never made it to the waiver wire in League 2. But, knowing Shanahan could do just about anything with his RB's--even mid-game--I struggle with whether to start him this week or wait another week. I think if Sermon is a healthy scratch again, I'll go with Mitchell confidently. But, if Sermon (who I also have) is active, I might sit both of them. Of course, I'd have to start either Robby Anderson or Jakobi Myers in my flex, which also makes me nervous.

My RB situation isn't great, so grabbing Mitchell from the wire was worth the potential upside. I will play him, but with hesitation for sure, and fyi Sermon will be active, the 49ers already announced it.

I have Meyers in my flex right now, seemed the best option from my team, but if Josh Jacobs doesn't't play, I might put Drake there, although I don't like that matchup against Pittsburgh.

I’m just glad @jdtox had him on the bench. 😁

Damn, what kind of starting line up does he have that McLaurin was on his bench?

My RB situation isn't great, so grabbing Mitchell from the wire was worth the potential upside. I will play him, but with hesitation for sure, and fyi Sermon will be active, the 49ers already announced it.

I have Meyers in my flex right now, seemed the best option from my team, but if Josh Jacobs doesn't't play, I might put Drake there, although I don't like that matchup against Pittsburgh.

Damn, what kind of starting line up does he have that McLaurin was on his bench?

And right after I hit send, I see Jacobs has been ruled out for Sunday.

He is pretty deep at WR…Cooks, Sheppard, McLaurin & a couple others.

He is pretty deep at WR…Cooks, Sheppard, McLaurin & a couple others.

Started Sheppard over McLaurin? Sheppard did really well, but I am not sure I would have started him over McLaurin, especially defense vs defense there.

Now I have a decision to make. Jacobs is out, do I play Drake? Usually I would say absolutely yes, but they are playing Pitt, and that defense is so good. Do I sit Mitchell? I used #1 waiver wire on him, I feel like I have to play him, and it's against Phi. :unsure:

Put Golladay in over Marquise Brown at the last second when I saw Brown had an injury designation. Had a feeling I would regret that one.

Started Sheppard over McLaurin? Sheppard did really well, but I am not sure I would have started him over McLaurin, especially defense vs defense there.

Now I have a decision to make. Jacobs is out, do I play Drake? Usually I would say absolutely yes, but they are playing Pitt, and that defense is so good. Do I sit Mitchell? I used #1 waiver wire on him, I feel like I have to play him, and it's against Phi. :unsure:
I have Drake but don’t think he will be pulled off the bench this week. Going to roll with Edmonds & Mixon this week with a 3rd WR in Flex. Mike Davis & Drake will be sitting it out.

With Josh Jacobs out is it worth starting Drake - or could it be worth starting him in my flex position? But then I don't know who I would drop or change. Deebo from SF, Johnson from PIT or Jones from JAX - my thoughts are drop Jones and put in Drake but I don't know if he'll get enough touches of it they will go RB2/RB3 and run by committee.

With Josh Jacobs out is it worth starting Drake - or could it be worth starting him in my flex position? But then I don't know who I would drop or change. Deebo from SF, Johnson from PIT or Jones from JAX - my thoughts are drop Jones and put in Drake but I don't know if he'll get enough touches of it they will go RB2/RB3 and run by committee.
Gruden said this week that he will have Peyton Barber being a part of the offense with Drake, so it seems like a rotation.

😳 You mean R-E-L-A-X again? Lol! I kept him and Jones in this week for my FF. He just needs to find his fire again. I have faith.
I apologize to the MN fan for my assumption. 😆

We're all good @PackersGirl , I have two favorite teams 1) the old school titans and 2) anyone who plays against the Packers.

Want to know one of the hardest parts about living in MN - is not having many professional sports teams you can root for and they win. That's absolutely overshadowed by the fact we don't need to put cheese on our heads so people know what team we like but that's neither here nor there. One of my old buddies coaches, so out of respect I need to cheer for whatever team he coaches and that's won him a superbowl and some heartbreak. Haven't talked to him in years which is why it's an old buddy but he has good taste in friends and scotch so he's worth a cheer every now and then.

Gruden said this week that he will have Peyton Barber being a part of the offense with Drake, so it seems like a rotation.
I saw that, but I'm playing semantics with his words - like a "part" of the offense or like 50% of the offense. I played the best players I could have in week 1 and got thrashed so I'm hoping to make an educated guess to see how much he'll play. Then on the other side, is Jones really going to get another score? I guess he could but I can't rely on a last second score to boost me. Will he get enough play time? I've got the internal debate of which is going to net more points more than likely.

Back