2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main part of my workout today was overhead presses. Cleaned the bar from the floor and pressed from there.

I love fit4golf workouts. I’ve been using my :30/:45 second breaks to take practice swings in the garage and I can definitely feel the difference in my turn and my hip and shoulder mobility in the last few weeks. Feels awesome to be lifting more weights and be back to doing explosive movements. Some of the movements captured in these workouts are similar to what I did training for ultramarathons so I’m right back at home. Been doing some shopping for space heaters for the garage so I don’t have to retire to the basement for our cold months.

Continuing to fight scar tissue. Did some progressively heavier squats, presses (bottom position was a tough stretch), some dead hangs to stretch against the press bottom position, then a few light deadlifts. Grip still feels off, but what are you gonna do?

Finished with a 10/20 tabata sprint on the treadmill.

I love fit4golf workouts. I’ve been using my :30/:45 second breaks to take practice swings in the garage and I can definitely feel the difference in my turn and my hip and shoulder mobility in the last few weeks. Feels awesome to be lifting more weights and be back to doing explosive movements. Some of the movements captured in these workouts are similar to what I did training for ultramarathons so I’m right back at home. Been doing some shopping for space heaters for the garage so I don’t have to retire to the basement for our cold months.
It’s a great program. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I want to get back to it in the off season.

Got a bit of a problem. I went to go change for my at work workout and I don’t have my gym clothes my gym bag only gym shoes and my towel. I’m sitting here seriously considering working out in my boxer briefs and undershirt. I’m the only one in the building currently but there are cameras 🤔

Going to think about it a while longer but i really want to workout

edit- screw it I’m kinda known as ‘the eccentric one’ at work anyway so if anyone is watching the cameras their getting a show 🫣

edit2- 30 minutes back, legs, arms routine then 10 on the treadmill

Last edited:
It’s a great program. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I want to get back to it in the off season.
I think you mentioned previously you were doing them at home correct?

I think you mentioned previously you were doing them at home correct?
Yeah I was doing it at home and got to the point where I didn't have access to the equipment needed. I felt like some of the 'modifications' weren't giving me what the intended exercises were supposed to. I'm going to get a gym membership this winter so maybe then I can pick it back up and have access to some more of the stuff required.

Happy Friday everyone! Got an upper body workout in today. Dumbbell bench presses, did my medicine ball throws, some curls for gurls, and overhead triceps extension. I needed to do something while I can't squat.

Yeah I was doing it at home and got to the point where I didn't have access to the equipment needed. I felt like some of the 'modifications' weren't giving me what the intended exercises were supposed to. I'm going to get a gym membership this winter so maybe then I can pick it back up and have access to some more of the stuff required.
I think there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with the modifications with some things. Some of the cable/medicine ball exercises would definitely be easier with more access to the right equipment. I’ve been looking at that cable pro attachment you can hook up to a pull-up bar but I haven’t pulled the trigger just yet, got a few home improvement projects that require attention and resources before the home gym gets anything else.

Got a quick HIIT workout in just now. It was ok, I feel like it was incomplete, I think it's because it was just too short, but I have a lot to do today so time wasn't on my side and I figured something was better than nothing. I was deciding between 2 workouts and I should have gone with the other one but it included tuck jumps and my back has been bothering me a bit lately so those intense plyo movements aren't ideal for that. I could have just modified, but I just decided to go with the other workout and I am kind of regretting that now. Oh well, it's done and at least I did something.

Time to eat some breakfast, take a shower and start clearing the calendar.

Back to my squat rack today. Did a lighter weight, but 3 sets. Trying to avoid the doms.

Back to my squat rack today. Did a lighter weight, but 3 sets. Trying to avoid the doms.
That stiff leg walk is bad, every person who has never done a squat saying, "see, that's why I don't work out" is worse.

Last edited:
After seeing some pictures I need to find a way to stay motivated and lose some weight.

Guess I should hop on the Peloton for a ride.

Workout complete. Today was a heavy pull focus combined with a lot of isolated glute work. Weekend break to rest was great and today I felt fantastic during my workout. I also followed up with possibly my most well rounded breakfast in a long time, 2 hard boiled eggs and a Thomas’s cinnamon and protein English muffin topped with cottage cheese, a sprinkle of cinnamon and some blueberries.

Not happy with where I'm at physically. Been drinking more and eating more crap, and not working out at all in a couple months. My body doesn't feel good and not only is it impacting me day to day, I'm wondering if it's one of the reasons my golf game is absolutely terrible right now. Time to hold myself accountable and get back into it.

Not happy with where I'm at physically. Been drinking more and eating more crap, and not working out at all in a couple months. My body doesn't feel good and not only is it impacting me day to day, I'm wondering if it's one of the reasons my golf game is absolutely terrible right now. Time to hold myself accountable and get back into it.

You and me both brother. Let's get it.

Soooo...I told the OT this morning that I was back in the gym last week doing light work, static holds, much lighter weights than I am capable of, and letting general pain be my guide with the elbow, but I was back using it and keeping scar tissue from forming.

She was flabbergasted and told me I was on a 3lb weight restriction.

As we went through the therapy exercises, stretching and measuring extension, she was amazed at how quickly I had regained function and improved my range of motion over pre-op ability in only 11 days since surgery.

But yeah, definitely only lift 3lbs.

I am fallen flat on all my goals this year.. lol.

Soooo...I told the OT this morning that I was back in the gym last week doing light work, static holds, much lighter weights than I am capable of, and letting general pain be my guide with the elbow, but I was back using it and keeping scar tissue from forming.

She was flabbergasted and told me I was on a 3lb weight restriction.

As we went through the therapy exercises, stretching and measuring extension, she was amazed at how quickly I had regained function and improved my range of motion over pre-op ability in only 11 days since surgery.

But yeah, definitely only lift 3lbs.
You sure ain't lifting 3 lbs haha.

After seeing some pictures I need to find a way to stay motivated and lose some weight.

Guess I should hop on the Peloton for a ride.

I am fallen flat on all my goals this year.. lol.
Let's get after it fellas!!

Short the goal window. Try an cut your alcohol by 25% this week. Eat half as much crap this week. Set weekly goals. Not yearly goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back